Do you sleep a lot or very little?

AnimeThief

Well, the topic says it all.

I'll start off by saying that it varies for me. Some times I'm very, very active. But lately I've been sleeping a lot. When I get home I lay down for a few hours. It just doesn't seem I'm as energetic as I used to be. When I was a teenager, I was loaded on energy and it was hard to sleep.

As of today, it just seems I'm tired all of the time.

I like to sleep and prefer it to be a lot but work dictates that eg for the last fortnight I drew the short straw on double shifts starting at 2am going 15 to 16 hrs so in a 16hr day leaves you 8hrs and you have to still get to and from + eat and all bathroom and dog (as i have one) stuff getting up at 1 and try to get to sleep with whats left going to bed in day light hrs at 5 to 6 pm and sun down here is around 730pm and general out side noise that comes with the fact that the sun is still up

so when I can im catching up on the lost sleep

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, after I entered university, my sleeping pattern had totally changed. Usually I would sleep for 6 hours (max) and a minimum of 2 hours. Though sometimes I didn't sleep at all, just like last night

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh sleep! Now I can sleep for DAYS* if I wanna xD

I either sleep a ton or hardly any at all, it depends on what I'm up to.

If I'm off to work the next day, I'll go to sleep about 11:00 and get up at 05:30

If I'm off to school the next day, I'll go to sleep about 11:30 and get up at 07:45

If I'm not doing either and I'm not in any danger of being busy (no cycling, chores etc) I'll sleep at 02:00 and and get up at like... 2 in the afternoon haha :P

I sleep very little on week nights, mostly b/c making videos after work takes up so much time, but on weekend I catch up. I'm the kind of person who can't function without sleep -- at least for an extended period of time

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sleep vary little all the time sometimes ill get a max of 4 hours of sleep I remember once in school I passed out for the rest of the day and since im such a heavy sleeper they just left me be so that was pretty cool...

• Like 1

For the last two years, up until this last month, I was getting horrifyingly little sleep every night due to train horns from nearby tracks. The horn frequency when I originally moved to that location started off fairly rare, but seemed to dramatically increase in frequency every month, until finally becoming unlivable to the point that my spouse and I broke the lease on our old apartment and fled.

The degree to which it was keeping us from being able to sleep was having a massive impact on the quality of our lives in a great many ways, not least of all in attitude and job performance.

Nowadays, I've thankfully been able to enjoy a full night's worth of sleep almost ever day. I've always had bouts of insomnia here and there, but that's all child's play compared to what I had been faced with at my old place, which was frankly a bit hellish and not something I ever want to repeat.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sleep for around 6 hours on a good evening. But to be honest, i wish I could sleep more. I sometimes feel allot better sleeping then waking. Mostly because I have a place of my own design, and a universe to explore....

....Unlike now, in the waking world, where I have allot of work to do xD

• 9 months later...

necro-necro-beaaaammm

but yea, i used to be nocturnal, but then i toke a life to the knee,

i sleep pretty correctly nowadays, and i guess its for the best, i make sure i get the proper 6-8 hours of sleep, regardless of if theres a quiz/exam tomorrow, or an important event, i always make myself get the proper sleep

after all, a person whom gets his nep-nep, gets a mind that works bet(ter)-bet(ter)...(i-im forcing that >.>)