Ecchi anime - how do you feel?

HayHay

How do you guys feel about ecchi animes? me, i like them but ive talked to alot of my close friends who say they hate them, they feel that its not true anime i think ecchi animes can be funny and more detailed but idk thats just me.

Edited by Guest

I think some ecchi is okay. I think it depends on the content. For example, if an ecchi anime has a good plot, good character development and good artwork, then it is definitely worth my time. As long as it's not senseless, then there's nothing wrong with it to me. Of course it depends on maturity level and whether or not its your taste. I don't exactly go out of my way to watch ecchi. But I have stumbled across a few series that I enjoyed. Mostly when I was a tad younger. I'm actually planning on watching Trinity Seven soon, which plays under the ecchi catagory.

• Like 1

I think some ecchi is okay. I think it depends on the content. For example, if an ecchi anime has a good plot, good character development and good artwork, then it is definitely worth my time. As long as it's not senseless, then there's nothing wrong with it to me. Of course it depends on maturity level and whether or not its your taste. I don't exactly go out of my way to watch ecchi. But I have stumbled across a few series that I enjoyed. Mostly when I was a tad younger. I'm actually planning on watching Trinity Seven soon, which plays under the ecchi catagory.

i agree completely so do you have any echhi favorites or recommendations? im all ears :)

I'm mostly indifferent to echii. I don't feel strongly one way or another about it. Most things I watch don't have any echii. But then two shows I really enjoy (Ben-To as well as Highschool of The Dead) have echii in them.

I haven't watched any Ecchi Anime before, although I think its a good genre for those who like it, ive seen clips and things from Ecchi anime and it seems they can be pretty funny. Idk, imo, they could either be really good if your into em' or be complete disasters.

i can see why people hate them as it kinda is unnecessary, but their are so many different types of anime for many different people.

they are trying to cater for as many people as possible.

you now tend to see many animes that try to cater for many different groups of people sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

for me i dont mind it that much, but i don't really go out of my way to just watch ecchi anime.

• Agree 1

I don't mind ecchi I mean if u like a bit of ecchi I don't really care but personally I don't really want to watch it. Half the ecchis I have seen had miniscule amounts of plot and half the character development just built up to the perverted parts of the show. There are some good ones who use ecchi to make some mature comedy which I can really enjoy but when its just mindless fan service it just annoys me. Although ecchi is targeted more towards teenagers so.

I used to follow it like a religion. I have since changed to your average romance anime because it appeals to me. Nothing like that in real life however, it is always nice to see what people can come up with

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like it.

In most cases, unless it's handled in a way that is sufficiently amusing - genuinely amusing, not just idiotic slapstick - it prompts an immediate strike-out for me. I don't have an issue with the fact that it exists, I don't care if people like it, it's just not for me.

A little bit of well executed fan service is cool, but if it reaches a certain point I'm just like 'nope, bai'

... if I used one of those anime listing services, the amount of things listed as being dropped in the first episode would be astronomical. >_<

I just... can't... enjoy a series if I'm too busy rolling my eyes to read the subtitles. ^^;

• Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic