AI Question

ElfenTruthed

until recent marriage was considered a union between a male and female thus laws in some places's were changed to accommodate a broader situation (and im not going to get in to a conversation on this but use it as in example) ,

so an AI unit will need to be considered to have the need for such laws for its rights and said situation would need to be changed to accommodate a situation like murder but people who will need to consider the need for such a situation to be considered ! intelligence does not equate to life

best start talking to your congress on behalf of your AI unit Xp other wise it will still be excepted as just turning of a computer

now if an AI unit can be turned of would it be unusable again or could it be restarted and retain all past memory's ?

• Agree 1

side note: im just saying scientifically, its an unknown fact of what a sentinel AI would be counted as, and whether or not the laws of robotics still apply, so nobody knows if it would count as murder or not.

In my personal opinion however, especially in the MMaM story, Nim is a hardback hologram, so she is technically a sentinel AI, so if she dies it would definitely count as murder in my eyes, since she can understand, learn and feel emotion in the same way we do (emotion doesn't really mean anything however, as some species feel things differently to us, so you can't benefactor emotions into this very well)

Aside from its ethical implications.

Murder can only be conducted to the race of humans.

It's the very definition of the word.

"the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought"

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/murder

AI aren't human, therefore the law doesn't apply to these creations.

/discussion

Edited by Guest

Aside from its ethical implications.

Murder can only be conducted to the race of humans.

It's the very definition of the word.

"the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought"

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/murder

AI aren't human, therefore the law doesn't apply to these creations.

/discussion

Ahh, but the thing is, Does a sentinal AI, once it gains equal or perhaps more inteligance and emotion to a human, count as a human?

Again, all these questions are, basicly, up to you really, since nobody has been able to actually run the numbers on it and, well, you know, apply it. Still, this is by far an incredibly good topic to discus, but tbh, I have already had my share of knowledge, so I will no longer contribute to the discussion unless I'm needed for any topic.

• Agree 1

Ahh, but the thing is, Does a sentinal AI, once it gains equal or perhaps more intelligent and emotion to a human, count as a human?

I wouldn't define humans as a certain benchmark in mental capacity.

There's still a physical property to humans that is indistinguishable to anything else, and the origin of the human (Part of the evolution tree, women womb, etc)

So no, I wouldn't really consider a sentinel AI a human, since it lacks the physical properties of a human.

And if a robotic has the property of the physical element of a human, and the intelligence of an AI, I think we can safetly conclude that's a cyborg.

And I don't know about you but, humans =/= cyborgs.

Edited by Guest

Also, we wouldn't know the implications of a cyborg anyways.

That's way too far into the future to apply our current understanding within making fair judgement in the court.

Our understanding of ethic change as other variables enter the picture. You can see this all over history.

Also, we wouldn't know the implications of a cyborg anyways.

That's way too far into the future to apply our current understanding within making fair judgement in the court.

Our understanding of ethic change as other variables enter the picture. You can see this all over history.

Lol, so not only would we be looking way, way way too far into this on both what technically makes a human, because by what you said, does cloning not make a human, or if a human has a problem with any kind of growth, does that make them human, but now we also have to apply knowledge of race, which will be deemed depending on personal views.

Throwing a wrench into the works, let me just say, no matter what any one of us say, at this stage, the only facts are that everything is unknown, for we can only assume and price together historical and modern events, because you have to remember we aren't EXACTLY like the members of the past, although who truely knows if we would act the same.

• Agree 1