Facebook - your thoughts and experiences?

Optic

Well, if I don't delete and get I around to changing my profile image from what it was like 10 years ago because dear God I looked terrible in that, then absolutely~

Okay okay. HAHA

IMO, I think it's easy to avoid that. Don't do anything questionable and don't post private information about yourself that you wouldn't want everyone to see and if you're with other people and they take a photo of you, ask them not to share that photo or tag you.

Sensible advice indeed. It seems more and more employers are checking the social media profiles of potential candidates on the side as part of the filtering process.

It would be unfortunate to lose an opportunity due to a silly social media footprint mishap. @_@

Have like three accounts for Facebook for three different reason. The first one is for my real life friends and family stuffs, Second is for my anime friends which uses facebook a lot to share anime stuffs, and third for a game I'm playing on my First account. :P

Out of curiosity is it difficult switching between the three accounts regularly or are there ways to make that easier?

Well, if I don't delete and get I around to changing my profile image from what it was like 10 years ago because dear God I looked terrible in that, then absolutely~

I'm somewhat guilty of this too. Haven't changed mine for over a year now? >_<

Out of curiosity is it difficult switching between the three accounts regularly or are there ways to make that easier?

Uhmm, I don't know exactly how you meant but the three accounts were easy to manage since I only use the other one for games and such; Switching on the other two is easy tho. :) Because I'm not that active on the other one. I just checked in to see if I have messages and stuffs from friends. :)

• Informative 1

I have a Facebook account where I usually go on to check stuff that interest me. As an example, I am subscribed (or, in terms of liking pages) to specific pages such as Anime-related and some other stuff, though I don't really share personal stuff about myself on there but it depends who you are. Feel free to add me if anyone is interested, it's not some private account and I don't have a second account. It's my first Facebook account, and I must say, I don't really know (other than checking what's going on, checking messages) what I'm doing there, I don't post at all and I only post when I feel like. I used to play games but I stopped. Some time ago, people used to invade my inbox with game requests (whether be helping out your farm or giving stuff) I was actively playing a game but my save data got deleted as I don't play it anymore. It doesn't really bother me, it was a fun time but these Facebook games (as far as I know) are not entertaining me so much. My inbox is always filled everyday by pages I've set as getting updates. I'm not someone who's (extremely) addicted to social websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Steam etc etc. Yes, I do use them. Yes I own an account on said social websites above. Like I already said, feel free to add me if you want to or want to not. :)

I use it because I need to if I want to be able to contact those that run online radio events/shows so I can take part in them. Other than that, it's really a useless thing for me.

I would never make one to stay connected with anyone I've ever known irl.

I haven't used Facebook for a long time. The thing is... I don't really have a lot of RL friends. :| So yeah, of course I have no use for a social network site.

That said, I did find it useful back then for catching up on all the latest movie news. A lot of movie news sites utilize Facebook. Sites like Cinema Blend, Screen Rant, ComicBookMovies.com, etc. At the same time, I also used it to follow my favorite Internet groups like Epic Rap Battle of History, Cracked, sometimes Screen Junkies. The YouTube subscription list has become a more convenient way for me to follow the latter group nowadays.

I used to like playing Facebook games when I had friends, like Mafia Wars used to be very fun. Now not so much. I just find them annoying, all those game requests.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently got a new computer. Not only that but I've always used a VPN or proxy when I use the Internet. I've never run into this problem. But obviously. Facebook either got sick of my VPN or is just being stupid. So, it decided to lock my account RIGHT after it had me do every test in the book to verify my identity and I passed those tests with flying colors. But noooo....Facebook just went ahead and locked up my account.

It's frustrating. Just wondering. Am I the only one with this wee problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Found it to be the reason everyone I knew as friends were getting bullied. Saved myself from it by staying off it. I use twitter if I need anything, as no one really uses it from my area

I have ran into a few weirdoes on facebook....

Which is typical of any social media outlet really...

The main thing I disliked about facebook as a whole,

was the social hierarchy thing attached to it.

That being, if you weren't insanely famous or popular, you never got anywhere on it.

And lastly, all the pointless arguments and drivel that spew forth, on a daily basis.

It got to the point that I not only stopped using facebook entirely, that I also stopped watching the news and listening to the radio station.

Ever since that major game changer, my life has been filled with a lot less negativity.

• 1 year later...

Well I was curious to see how many users Facebook has these days and according to their official Third Quarter 2017 Results report:

https://investor.fb.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2017/Facebook-Reports-Third-Quarter-2017-Results/default.aspx

Third Quarter 2017 Operational and Other Financial Highlights

Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.37 billion on average for September 2017, an increase of 16% year-over-year.
Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 2.07 billion as of September 30, 2017, an increase of 16% year-over-year.

2 billion users worldwide! It's pretty staggering stuff. :|

These days I don't even use it anymore, just the Messenger component (due to family and work colleagues using it).

I stopped using Facebook a couple years ago ( plus I don't miss it ) and I don't use any social media now and pretty happy with out them to be honest. I just got sick and tired of hearing and even witnessing the drama that came from it. People always wanting so many friends on it just to be poplar. ( that I noticed ) My family who I had on there not so much  caused drama but friends I added did and just was hard for me to be on there. No one really "cared" about people posts that had meaning behind it and just wanted to gossip and stuff in that nature. I don't know I just personally ( this is my opinion and I can be wrong I'll admit )  don't like what it's become. Yeah I'll admit  it was "cool" at first and was alright I guess but now it went down hill I think and a lot of fake people are on it  ( who lie and pretend to be someone else , like stealing pictures of others and thus pretending to be that person for some reason ) now, so it's hard to find "real" people on there if your the kind of person who likes making friends that way.  All I'm going say is be very careful on there or any place really and really get to know someone as well. 

• 1 month later...

fakebook?

I won't touch it again.

It stole my time, my contents yet threaten for official citizen documents by sending ransom messages via e-mail and its web.

Google+ and Twitter are much better.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PenguinO said:

fakebook?

I won't touch it again.

It stole my time, my contents yet threaten for official citizen documents by sending ransom messages via e-mail and its web.

Google+ and Twitter are much better.

Or forums like this one

I personally have an aversion to social network sites like Facebook. Places like forums have more substantive content. Plus, I like old school internet anonymity. It's liberating for someone like me who is afraid to be themselves IRL.

55 minutes ago, PenguinO said:

I did not understand your question.

It's not a question. I said Forums like this one are also better to use in many ways compared to Facebook.

12 hours ago, Roxeg said:

It's not a question. I said Forums like this one are also better to use in many ways compared to Facebook.

Agree with you

I also own a forum but it's so quiet lately when people go to fb.

The other forums I know also have more or less problems with fb.

• Like 1