Facebook - your thoughts and experiences?

Optic

Here you can discuss your favourite and least favourite features of Facebook, its current direction, recent changes, anything Facebook related. :)

My minor gripe with Facebook is the increasing number of "Suggested Posts" (ads). And I still don't particularly like the News Feed, it seems a little random on how certain Friends posts are prioritised over others.

I like Facebook and with the privacy thing well I considered that my privacy was long gone since there was internet xD Facebook is like MSN, MySpace, Journal and Networking all together. It's handy, almost everyone is on there and it's easy to be updated with people's life.

I myself don't post everything on Facebook, I notice I'm becoming less and less active on Facebook because I feel like enjoying real life more =)

I have noticed that I am also posting less on Facebook. I have to think long and hard about whether or not I want something posted on there especially when I go out with friends and tag them in a status. Then I get contacted by their other friends demanding why they weren't invited :/ some of these people I barely even know!

• Like 1

I have noticed that I am also posting less on Facebook. I have to think long and hard about whether or not I want something posted on there especially when I go out with friends and tag them in a status. Then I get contacted by their other friends demanding why they weren't invited :/ some of these people I barely even know!

Yeah I try to avoid the check in status unless it's something really special like a concert or anything =D Weird that they ask about the invite unless if it is in a joking way but it's not like you have to invite everybody all the time. =O

I will delete my fb page as well. All I got was some creepy perverts inbox messages, like daily. I didn't believe that would happen. I wish I could turn it off or something. =(

I honestly only use Facebook to play one game with. Aside from that it's just... there.

I do have a separate account that I use to keep in touch with family and friends, but that one is similarly barren of things. I don't use my cellphone much for internet stuff, so I don't do any of this "tagging" nonsense. It's rare that I make a status update, too. Usually when I do, it's just a musing on a news story (most recent one I made was regarding a British soldier who was murdered by a Muslim extremist, and how people are hypocrites for believing that the actions of the person who did it are enough to condemn an entire religion)

Yeah I try to avoid the check in status unless it's something really special like a concert or anything =D Weird that they ask about the invite unless if it is in a joking way but it's not like you have to invite everybody all the time. =O

I will delete my fb page as well. All I got was some creepy perverts inbox messages, like daily. I didn't believe that would happen. I wish I could turn it off or something. =(

You are going to delete your Facebook account? You know you can block those people right? I am surprised you are getting so many creepy messages. That has never happened to me on Facebook before, only on Skype.

Oh it definitely isn't in a jokingly way! People just seem to get annoyed when I hang out with people yet its ok for them to go out with my friends and not invite me? I don't get why they get upset but I don't? I would understand if they invited me to places and then they were upset I never invited me out but most of these people exclude me from their events anyway.

You are going to delete your Facebook account? You know you can block those people right? I am surprised you are getting so many creepy messages. That has never happened to me on Facebook before, only on Skype.

Oh it definitely isn't in a jokingly way! People just seem to get annoyed when I hang out with people yet its ok for them to go out with my friends and not invite me? I don't get why they get upset but I don't? I would understand if they invited me to places and then they were upset I never invited me out but most of these people exclude me from their events anyway.

No I mean Deleting my Facebook page as I said =)

That's a bit selfish of them then =O Plus I find the checking in things dangerous, people know then that you are not at home and who knows if someone will break in. Same thing with posting the holiday thing. I know I did it before as well but now I feel really stupid for doing that O.o

No I mean Deleting my Facebook page as I said =)

That's a bit selfish of them then =O Plus I find the checking in things dangerous, people know then that you are not at home and who knows if someone will break in. Same thing with posting the holiday thing. I know I did it before as well but now I feel really stupid for doing that o_O

I guess the only people who could break in while I was away were friends so at least I would know it was probably someone I knew if that was the cause of it. OK, so do you mean you're deleting your modeling page then??

Yeah that one ^^ It takes 14 days for it to be deleted O.o

True about the friends thing but I still find it dangerous =O Nothing is private anymore since the internet xD

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

Yeah that one ^^ It takes 14 days for it to be deleted o_O

True about the friends thing but I still find it dangerous =O Nothing is private anymore since the internet xD

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

Why does it take 14 days to delete?

I don't know =(

Did you know some people are actually addicted to Facebook?

I do know that. I have some friends who post every single detail of their lives on Facebook. Well that makes sense why it takes 14 days to delete, one of my friends found out that someone had created a Facebook account under another name with all of her pictures. Lots of people reported it but it took ages for that account to be deleted.

Why does it take 14 days to delete?

I imagine it's a safeguard in case your account is hijacked...?

Or probably because they know with a high degree of certainty you'll change your mind and be back. :P

I imagine it's a safeguard in case your account is hijacked...?

Or probably because they know with a high degree of certainty you'll change your mind and be back. :P

Yeah that's probably it Optic =) Thank you! ^^

I post less on Facebook too, I only go on Facebook when there are notifications in my email inbox that someone messages me or anything important. And the other reason I need to go on Facebook is to post at the anime page I’m working on, Ryussei-sama (the page owner) updated new rule in our Facebook admin group, so i need to post at least 3 posts per day.

But I actualy only post one per day.

And I haven’t update my status for a long time.

I think i got kicked out of some anime group because today when i am on my profile page, there are only two groups in the groups section. But i know i am the member of a lot of anime and otaku group, so maybe i got kicked out because I’m too inactive?

Well, I’m kinda sad because some of them are closed anime groups and they are very strict with accepting members, they checked my profile and every single details before letting me join…

But now I got kicked out…

…..>o<…..

And the other reason I need to go on Facebook is to post at the anime page I’m working on, Ryussei-sama (the page owner) updated new rule in our Facebook admin group, so i need to post at least 3 posts per day.

But I actualy only post one per day.

It would be tough publishing 3 times a day on a specific Facebook page, I personally would run out of fresh content so quickly... once a day would be about right. Though as you suggested before, scheduling posts in advance could work! :D

I think i got kicked out of some anime group because today when i am on my profile page, there are only two groups in the groups section. But i know i am the member of a lot of anime and otaku group, so maybe i got kicked out because I’m too inactive?

I think it's natural the more groups you're a part of, the less time you'll be able to share across all of them. Of course that depends how active each group/page is... regardless even if they're that strict about being active they should have at least poked you with a message before doing that. :(

But now I got kicked out…

Don't worry, you'll always be welcome here! Our community is nice and friendly ;)

I usualy post around 3 to 4 posts a day at Ryussei-sama's page before. But since EOC and FCAT is coming, I have to perpare for tests and also doing my school projects.so when I remeber about page posting, it is already at evening so i only posted one post. To save time. I usualy perpare the pictures ahead the time, and perpare the text part of the posts in word document so when I go on Ryussei-sama's page,I only need to paste the text part and upload the picture part. I don't schudule posts in an app or page managing site because Ryussei-sama is strict with page qualities, they have to be large, and have very high resolution, but sometimes when using a page managing site to schedule posts, the pictures sometimes will looks smaller. And Ryussei-sama will notice the problem and send me a message within a minutes after i posted. No kidding,I experienced it …..and the emotion face he send to me, the expression of flare......

I don't schudule posts in an app or page managing site because Ryussei-sama is strict with page qualities, they have to be large, and have very high resolution, but sometimes when using a page managing site to schedule posts, the pictures sometimes will looks smaller.

Eep, so it seems the page managing site is compressing the image twice hence the reduction in quality/size? Not good at all :(

Yes! What is the name of the group? AN Group?

@NightDancer will send you the link via PM or FB. ^^

I find Facebook to be a great place to get latest updates and news nowadays. Lots of business, games update their facebook pages with latest news faster than their own website nowadays. Especially that some online sellers only have facebook pages

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that our AN Facebook page is getting pretty actively lately thanks to KatyC (never realised her existence until a while ago), and that's a good sign. :)

But again, Facebook is like the tool of communication nowadays. My mom was able to find her old high school classmates through Facebook and held reunions. :P