Hi

Crowe

G'day, I'm Crowe. 24 (almost 25, eeee) and semi-obsessed with anime, obviously. Big fan of Fairy Tail and am excited for it to start up again in April. Also a fan of Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, and Watamote. As far as older shows go, Rune Soldier was pretty much my obsession throughout college.

Aside from that, I'm an amateur writer, predominantly high fantasy but occasionally science fantasy and realistic fiction. Also an amateur games developer, but that's more of a hobby than anything else.

• Like 1

Hello there Crowe, welcome to the AN Community forums, nice to have you onboard. :) Let me know if you have any questions, requests, etc. :)

Ooh Fairy Tail and Log Horizon, I've been meaning to watch those, they're on my to watch-list.

Aside from that, I'm an amateur writer, predominantly high fantasy but occasionally science fantasy and realistic fiction.

I would be curious to see some of your work, if it's publicly available of course. :P I think we have a few members here who have written fiction as a hobby here though that was sometime ago, I will need to check with them if they've written anything recently.

Also an amateur games developer, but that's more of a hobby than anything else.

Ooh a game developer! Out of curiosity may I ask what platform/engine? I'm not a great developer, websites are more my forte hence why I have great respect for programmers and developers regardless of field.

Hello there Crowe, welcome to the AN Community forums, nice to have you onboard. :) Let me know if you have any questions, requests, etc. :)

Ooh Fairy Tail and Log Horizon, I've been meaning to watch those, they're on my to watch-list.

Thank you, I will.

I was skeptical about Fairy Tail at first. I tend to get bored by long series'. I tried Naruto and just... I couldn't. I went into Fairy Tail with reasonably low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. I ended up watching all...170ish episodes in the space of a week or two, and it's definitely a favourite.

Log Horizon I went into because I enjoyed SAO, but felt it focused a bit too much on the romance aspects of the story, and the constant Mary Sue crap pulled by Kirito et al. I know he's the main protagonist and all, but it bugged me. The only thing that bugged me, admittedly. So I'm excited for S2, especially since we should be able to see Kirito as a chick.

I'm not fully caught up with Log Horizon yet (I'm on episode 18) but I'm loving everything about it. Well, most everything. It got quite slow in the middle, lots of talking and not much action. In fact I think there was one episode where it was just talking. The characters are likable though, and the romantic underlines are almost missable, which I'm enjoying a lot; considering the whole basis of the show being a sort of technological apocalypse, romance really shouldn't take a leading role. Additionally, the main character isn't a warrior-class character, so it's breaking the big tough hero trope right off the bat. I'm never going to not support breaking away from common themes.

I would be curious to see some of your work, if it's publicly available of course. :P I think we have a few members here who have written fiction as a hobby here though that was sometime ago, I will need to check with them if they've written anything recently.

I can certainly post up a few things. I've been meaning to work on a new piece, I just keep getting distracted by other things.

Ooh a game developer! Out of curiosity may I ask what platform/engine? I'm not a great developer, websites are more my forte hence why I have great respect for programmers and developers regardless of field.

As sad as it sounds, I'm working in the RPGMaker engine. Or rather I was, before my old laptop decided it wanted to BSOD multiple times a day. I managed to migrate a few important files, but didn't get around to the project I was working on, so I haven't gone back to it yet. I will, though. Probably just a test project to get back into the scripting side of things.

I did work in flash games/animation in college, but it has been such a long time since then I've forgotten 98% of it.

Thank you, I will.

As sad as it sounds, I'm working in the RPGMaker engine. Or rather I was, before my old laptop decided it wanted to BSOD multiple times a day. I managed to migrate a few important files, but didn't get around to the project I was working on, so I haven't gone back to it yet. I will, though. Probably just a test project to get back into the scripting side of things.

Oooh RPG Maker. Well what engine you use isn't important, just getting a finished project that you're proud of is the end goal really. I've played with it before many years ago just for fun using the stock sprites, music and battle scripts. The stock battles are very old school but I have seen some really unique battle interfaces through different scripts. Would be curious to see your test project or some work in progress screenshots in future. :)

I did work in flash games/animation in college, but it has been such a long time since then I've forgotten 98% of it.

Flash.. reminds me of my old basic tweening and keyframing at school, as I'm not an artist my projects were terrible but it was good fun. :D How are your graphic skills?

Oooh RPG Maker. Well what engine you use isn't important, just getting a finished project that you're proud of is the end goal really. I've played with it before many years ago just for fun using the stock sprites, music and battle scripts. The stock battles are very old school but I have seen some really unique battle interfaces through different scripts. Would be curious to see your test project or some work in progress screenshots in future. :)

I enjoy the old-style battle systems. I'm a big fan of old-school RPGs with front/side-facing combat. I've been working on learning to code Ruby, as I have a few ideas for a battle system I'd like to put together at some point, as well as other things.

Flash.. reminds me of my old basic tweening and keyframing at school, as I'm not an artist my projects were terrible but it was good fun. :D How are your graphic skills?

I used to do spritework in my youth, but aside from that I'm a more traditional artist. Sadly I've been in a slump lately and can't decide what to draw.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...