Morning, afternoon or night person?

Optic

Not to mention my sleep schedule is so bad and I sleep later of the night. :/

You sleep in a lot on weekends Pokii-san? ;)

At work though, I find that I'm at my best about halfway through the morning (around 10am or so).

Do you do shift work or regular hours?

Thinking back to my first job I recall my sleeping patterns were all over the place whenever I had late shifts or really early shifts the following day. Now that I'm in regular full-time work my sleeping pattern is quite consistent now which has a flow on effect.

Still more of a night person though, I seem to be inspired more at night with ideas. ^_^

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you do shift work or regular hours?

I do shift work, and sometimes I do have late shifts and morning shifts the following day, but that is a fairly rare occurrence. (I hate it when that happens though :?)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am definitely a night person , during the day I am generally lazy but as soon as it hit 4~5 pm I wake up properly I do my studying after 7~8 pm and try to avoid as much of the day as possible , I have issues with glare so I cant see properly in sunlight and yet I always manage to forget my glasses when I go out (o_O) , and my eyes work better in dim light than in normal/bright light so night time is when can actually see things properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mostly a night person, though the day does have its benefits. I prefer the quietness and solitude that come with the night, but it's tough to buy food after midnight. My local mini-mart opens 24/7, but it's still kinda intimidating to be walking the streets that late at night. Crime rarely happens around here, but I would still feel uncomfortable sometimes.

The day can sometimes be too noisy for me, but that also means that I could blast my loud music from my computer without care, or play my videos and movies as loud as I want. Haha... yeah, I'm obnoxious like that. :P

• 2 weeks later...

As a college student, due dates definitely help motivate me to get things done. I do my best quality work at night right before I go to bed

• 1 year later...

This really depends.. Over the last several months I've been a complete night owl. But typical me is very much a morning person. I use to have a strict routine. I would get a lot done starting around 5am and then start to wear down around 2pm. I use to take cat naps in the afternoon, wake up, be active until about 8pm and then crash.

As of late, I have not been getting up until 11am and then staying up until at least 3am, with drowsy moments in the late afternoon. But being out of work has done that to me.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
When it comes to projects, do you find you're more productive in the morning, afternoon or at night?

I find I'm more a night person. I procrastinate easily during the morning and early afternoon. Towards the late afternoon and evening I'm at my peak when it comes to working on the main website. :P

Bear in mind I work full-time 8am to 4pm during the week, so what I said above really applies to weekends. During the week I relax some days and depending on how much I've destressed, I will work on the AN Community projects.

How about you? :)

Hmmm projects

with the main job I have I may be on call and may work 17hrs days one after another on going for a period

and with projects my neighbours wouldn't like me conducting my projects in to the nite due to noise

but im an all rounder any time is fine with me and ive learnt to power nap when needed

Morning, afternoon, or night person? I'm none of those!

I'm more of a......day off person. Work is yuck.

For real though, I'm a night owl. Working 2pm-10pm/3pm-11pm works out great for when I like to sleep (which is in the morning lol)

• Like 1

then it probably annoy you that im currently off work for the next three weeks :P

It doesn't annoy me when other people are off :P

Besides, I've got this Wednesday to look forward to (getting a tattoo). And also from December 25 - January 4 I get to go back home for Christmas and new years :P

• Like 1

I am mostly a night person when it comes to school, projects, and cards xD

At about 6:00 - 7:00 I normally do the project/homework/cards and later I put my finishing touches on it.

So basically I am a night person xD

7103af117e32577f2d499a9d4a7204f4.thumb.jpg.5011497221b538d4229114a14c1fa2b3.jpg

Well I use to be a morning person. I grew up early to bed and early to rise. But now that I work 2nd shift hours I have become a total night person. I miss the mornings and being up with the sun but being awake late at night can be fun too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It depends for me I usually have class in the day time but every night I usually stay up until like 2am and watch anime and listen to music, So I would say I'm more of a night person really

• 5 weeks later...

I think I'm a morning person and night person... Likely not an afternoon person at all. ;)

I rarely wake up early, but I love it when I do! It feels wonderful, especially in spring or summer~

Well I like the sun too! Except when it gets in my eyes, or shines on my screen. I think the sun should start wearing sunglasses...

• Funny 1

Some very interesting thoughts here! Seems many here focus better at night. ;)

Not sure about others here but I find in the afternoon just after lunch I get drowsy and find it more difficult to focus - though I can partially counter that if I have coffee with my lunch. If I have a very big and heavy lunch (occasionally on weekends) then it's very likely I'll have a nap. @_@

Also my previous thoughts on focusing better at night still stands - however with an additional caveat: must not have had any alcoholic drinks. I'm a rather big fan of Japanese beer and enjoy having 1-2 drinks on certain anime viewing sessions. If I've done that, then that evening is a write-off for doing anything work or study related due to being too relaxed. :P

I'm most productive in the morning after I've had about an hour to spin-up, and in the afternoon after lunch. Evenings can be a bit of a drag, during which time I rarely feel like doing much of anything productive, apart from making dinner.

This isn't entirely convenient for me, because I often have a very difficult time actually sleeping worth a damn. For a long time I had to rely on an AM radio alarm tuned exactly between two stations at max volume to jerk me awake simply due to how little sleep I was getting. I have it a bit better these days, but still tend to run a bit short.