Favorite Overall Anime Character

#Rikka

Comment here if you want to share your favorite anime character overall!

Any genre is welcome!

**No Hentai, Fandom, or any Nudity is allowed in this post.

Probably Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins, or Natsu from Fairy Tail

Also, can't wait until the Dragon Ball Arc Tournament :3

• Agree 1

Any genre is welcome!

Overall, my favorite anime character is Edward Elric from "Fullmetal Alchemist" because he has so much love, devotion and care for his brother in order to return him back to his original body. But I also like Ed's short rants that make him look pathetic and funny. Plus being dubbed by beloved voice actor Vic Mignogna adds even more character to Ed, giving him a more masculine voice to suit his gender.

Overall, my favorite anime character is Uzumaki Naruto, as he insured the idea of peace, he suffered a lot as a child and lost his father and his mother when he was a baby. Despite hating the people of his village, did not hate them. On the contrary, he has saved the people of his village and the world with his friend. He did not leave his friend and helped him to come out of the darkness into the light.

__ " Be Strong when you are weak, Brave when you are Scared And Humble when you are Victorious" __

-Uzumaki Naruto-

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite character is Ohana Matsumae from Hanasaku Iroha. She has to deal with leaving her home as one of the worst times, and deal with family drama, and even drama from where she stays as several people either take issue with her, or their issues with others affect her. Hanasaku Iroha is not the most dramatic slice of life anime out there, but the characters are some of the best I've ever seen and Ohana is the best among them.

It's obvious who I'm picking. Kenshin Himura, of course! <3 He's one of the most unique characters i've ever came across in anime. Kenshin clearly undergoes the biggest character development, and fleshing out: he evolves from a cold and ruthless assassin to a man who vowed to never kill again. Nevertheless he struggles to maintain his composition, as being pushed to the limit by his foes he tries to avoid reverting to his older self. Brilliantly done. I freaking love this character and I don't think any character can fascinate me like he did.

• Agree 1

Sorry, can't pick just one here. There's three that come in to play for me:

Vash the Stampede (Trigun), Killua Zoldyck (HunterxHunter), the main "character" of Sawamura Seiji/Kasugano Midori (Midori Days)

Can not deny the hilarity of Trigun and the hijinx surrounding Vash. Killua is a deep character and one of the most enjoyable to watch in recent years IMO due to the family dynamic, gray area of the character's back story and the fact that he's still a kid and wants to enjoy his youth. Since getting in to anime I've found Midori Days an easy series to go back to for a quick laugh when I need a pick-me-up. I know Midori Days is not for most as it is primarily a romance, but those who have liked rom-coms would do well to check out this surreal romp in the genre.

• Like 1

Sorry, can't pick just one here. There's three that come in to play for me:

Vash the Stampede (Trigun), Killua Zoldyck (HunterxHunter), the main "character" of Sawamura Seiji/Kasugano Midori (Midori Days)

Can not deny the hilarity of Trigun and the hijinx surrounding Vash. Killua is a deep character and one of the most enjoyable to watch in recent years IMO due to the family dynamic, gray area of the character's back story and the fact that he's still a kid and wants to enjoy his youth. Since getting in to anime I've found Midori Days an easy series to go back to for a quick laugh when I need a pick-me-up. I know Midori Days is not for most as it is primarily a romance, but those who have liked rom-coms would do well to check out this surreal romp in the genre.

Vash from Trigun is a good choice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any genre is welcome!

My opinion has changed to Naruto Uzumaki as I recently cosplayed as Naruto himself at MCM Birmingham Comic Con.

This is a really difficult question, each character has so many unique and wonderful reason for their respected story. I think this comes down to the one I think fits the story the best and is consistent with growth and in light of the plot. I think that the whole cast of Bebop is fantastic, but just to be a bit different I will say Sakurako Kujou. I think she has such a well-developed story and fits so perfectly within her sphere, she never does things just because. She inherently draws from her own character the choices she makes, and we see a beautiful history in how she became who she is now. She is by far up there in reasons to be my #1 favorite character.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Male: Nagito Komaeda (His social impairment and his fantasical delusions, is something I go through everyday)

And I also collide hope with despair a lot as well.

Female: Junko Enoshima (Just cunning to the brink and attractive, deliciously evil and deranged)

If Miyazaki movies count then Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. If not probably either Kyoko Sakura or Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I like a lot of characters in anime though and my favorite changes depending on what I'm watching at the time.

If Miyazaki movies count then Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. If not probably either Kyoko Sakura or Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I like a lot of characters in anime though and my favorite changes depending on what I'm watching at the time.

I wasn't even considering movie characters, if they count I'm going to have to pick Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic