Have you ever acted like an anime character you liked?

scarlet reaper

I've found that while watching good animes I sometimes start to pick up things from how the character acts. I did this one time after watching fullmetal alchemist, I started acting like Edward it was actually pretty funny. Have you ever done this? What anime was it from? What character?

Oh the cringe....

I've used to pretend that I've had a cooler alter ego persona like Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! So whenever I'd make this ''switch'' I'd suddenly act like I was way cooler than I actually was. :P

Edited by Guest
  • Funny 3

sorry no

at best anime , well some certain types , has helped me open up non existent emotions that I could never understand let alone display , even if it has only opened up a little

so I cant say ive ever acted like an anime character , yet !

• Agree 1

Hummm ...!!

My childhood ... I was acting like Goku at school, hitting and throwing my friends:hot:, I pretended using Kamehameha on them.

And they were running away cuz they were scared. :D

It was extra cool and i liked that cuz i thought i was Goku and super strong, it was me vs. 10 or more. :D

What a days! <3

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Well, I did pick up the habit of cracking my fingers like how Kaneki Ken(Tokyo Ghoul) does his.

It already had the habit of cracking my fingers before watching Tokyo Ghoul but I realized how convenient the way Kaneki cracks his.

It's like, uhh..... energy saving.

• Agree 1

Well I kinda act like a mix of my favorite characters like regain from mob psycho100 ,L from death note and hanjie/armeeaaan(hangy hanjy whatever)from AOT....but the rest of my personality comes from other western shows or LIFE

• Agree 1

Closest I ever really got was back when YGO was very, very new and my friend and I would have completely over the top duels. Weren't acting like anyone in particular but it was close enough.

• Like 1

Nah not really, though according to multiple sources I very closely resemble character of Raphiel Shiraha from Gabriel Dropout in terms of behavior. I'm okay with this.

XczHS2b.gif.ca940806bba604c5cd7c30bac3323418.gif

She has the best facial expressions.

• Like 1

If I'm like any anime character, I'd kind of fall into the stereotype of the mostly silent, often unimpressed but intelligent older characters that exist in many shows rather than one particular character. I'm not a lot nicer than they are, but beyond that, I'd say I'm fairly similar.

• 3 months later...
I've found that while watching good animes I sometimes start to pick up things from how the character acts. I did this one time after watching fullmetal alchemist, I started acting like Edward it was actually pretty funny. Have you ever done this? What anime was it from? What character?

Yes, for a lot of my life since I was 15 I acted like Kurumu mixed with Mizoré from Rosario + Vampire lol...

Hell yeah I have a accidental habit of mimicking people and things around me its actually quite annoying habit, so when L fro death note sat I would sit like him during the show when I see Naruto I would imitate the hand signs I would run like him, I would act distant or clueless based on characters I saw so when I went to school people couldn't get a grip on my personality because every week when I finished an anime I would act completely different and do weird things.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I once acted as Sailor moon with all the "In the name if the moon I'll punish you" when I was younger. But then that dream and portraying was killed by my brother so I sticked with Doraemon instead -_-

Hell yeah I have a accidental habit of mimicking people and things around me its actually quite annoying habit

Omg, you must be my spirit cousin or something! I do this same thing.

Anytime I watch something, read something, or just spend too much time around the same person... I end up copying what I see without even thinking about it. I've always been like that, even when I was a little kid, and it has never gotten any better. The absolute worst thing was when I watched too many Steins;Gate marathons and ran around like a caffeinated Mayuri when I went to work the next day.

The shame... I will never be able to live the shame down....

tumblr_onkwezzmDO1vwt3qvo1_500.gif.164e540061a2ab727f8be89b3e39451e.gif

• Funny 1

Omg, you must be my spirit cousin or something! I do this same thing.

Anytime I watch something, read something, or just spend too much time around the same person... I end up copying what I see without even thinking about it. I've always been like that, even when I was a little kid, and it has never gotten any better. The absolute worst thing was when I watched too many Steins;Gate marathons and ran around like a caffeinated Mayuri when I went to work the next day.

The shame... I will never be able to live the shame down....

[ATTACH]31369[/ATTACH]

YESS exactly from now on we are spirit cousins it is fate (o^.^o)

• Friendly 1

I would recite the lines of Edogawa Conan or even imitate his pose (especially the one where he rests both his arms behind his head while walking). I also imitated his 'Sherlock' pose from Phantom of Baker Street, the one where he places both his palms under his nose (could never remember the proper name for it).

• Geano locked this topic