What are you afraid of?

NightDancer

Deep water mainly due to bad experiences when I was a child. I am a lot better at it now but at the pool I can't go anywhere that is deeper than my height or I freak but when I was a teen I never used to be able to go into spas, pools or the beach so at least its not as bad as what it once was.

I also don't like moths very much, they freak me out and so do cockroaches. One time I was driving to my uni and this big cockroach appeared near my car dash! I had never been so scared in my life. I had to keep driving to uni, got there and had to call my grandparents who were an hour away to drive up and remove the cockroaches, lets say they weren't too impressed with me about that one!

• Like 1

Deep water mainly due to bad experiences when I was a child. I am a lot better at it now but at the pool I can't go anywhere that is deeper than my height or I freak but when I was a teen I never used to be able to go into spas, pools or the beach so at least its not as bad as what it once was.

I also don't like moths very much, they freak me out and so do cockroaches. One time I was driving to my uni and this big cockroach appeared near my car dash! I had never been so scared in my life. I had to keep driving to uni, got there and had to call my grandparents who were an hour away to drive up and remove the cockroaches, lets say they weren't too impressed with me about that one!

I have that with crabs. I'm scared to death whenever I am swimming in the sea. I don't want to stand because I am afraid a crab with walk over my feet or hurt me. My father is the one who made so afraid of crabs. When we went to the beach as a kid he always joked around by putting dead crabs on my back whenever I was sunbathing...One time it was alive and I felt it crawling onto my head...Ever since then I am so afraid of these animals but I love to eat them xD

Would have to say heights, if there are safety rails and a platform then I'm OK with it. But if not then I tend to hesitate. I'm sure there are others out there that don't hesitate with heights. :P

Would have to say heights, if there are safety rails and a platform then I'm OK with it. But if not then I tend to hesitate. I'm sure there are others out there that don't hesitate with heights. :P

A friend of mine has it the other way around, when she looks up to high buildings from down bellow she gets a really scary feeling =O

Clowns, I hate clowns o_O

Clowns are a common villain in many game and movies, is that a mood killer for you or can you generally tolerate it?

A friend of mine has it the other way around, when she looks up to high buildings from down bellow she gets a really scary feeling =O

I must admit when I was younger I did get a little paranoid thinking something might drop out of the window. You remember when I had my Europe trip in Sep 2012? I remember reading an article in the newspaper whilst commuting on the underground tube, where a window frame fell out of a window, crushing someone walking along the pathway. Apparantly it weighed half a ton...

Just dug out the story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-19421257

Really unlucky. x__x

afraid of? hmmh..it depends on what kinds of personality I am.sometimes i scared of bugs and weird noises in a quiet room. But when i turn into my other personality I can smash a cockroch and walk on streets that has no street lights and don't feel scared. But when I am at my weak moment I even afraid of staying alone in living room,and I will scared of dark...

Seriously,no kidding.....I'm not psycho,I had myself tested..mu.png.db6418a6d74fffe5df6b4c835809b02c.png

Clowns are a common villain in many game and movies, is that a mood killer for you or can you generally tolerate it?

I must admit when I was younger I did get a little paranoid thinking something might drop out of the window. You remember when I had my Europe trip in Sep 2012? I remember reading an article in the newspaper whilst commuting on the underground tube, where a window frame fell out of a window, crushing someone walking along the pathway. Apparantly it weighed half a ton...

Just dug out the story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-19421257

Really unlucky. x__x

I don't play games if they have clowns in them, I'm that scared of clowns. If I see one in public I prefer taking another way xD The McDonald's one is okay, it's not scary but those clowns at birthday parties...those seem so fake happy and seem so grumpy and mean in real life.

Oh that does sound really scary O.o

• 2 weeks later...

Same and with crabs as well xD For the rest I don't believe I'm scared of something.

Good thing is that running away from a crab is easy because they can't walk straight forward xD

Same and with crabs as well xD For the rest I don't believe I'm scared of something.

Good thing is that running away from a crab is easy because they can't walk straight forward xD

But would you really see many crabs in your life?

I already have seen a lot of them o_O I got that fear during my childhood. xD There are a lot of them at the beach here.

Yes but how often do you go to the beach though? I never really saw any crabs at the beaches ... maybe I just wasn't looking out for them.

Every summer like once a week, then I Usually see 5 or more. O.o I'm scared to stand in the sea because I'm afraid a crab will grab my foot. It is common to happen. So I never stand when I am in the water xD

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

Katy is right I often see crabs in restaurants and on menus! Would you eat a crab, NightDancer?

I love eating it!! I eat it ever since I was four years old or something xD I'm just really scared of them alive. Sadly my dad gave that fear to me xD

I love eating it!! I eat it ever since I was four years old or something xD I'm just really scared of them alive. Sadly my dad gave that fear to me xD

I will take you to a restaurant and force you to see the live crabs in the restaurants in the water and force you to touch it and then have to eat it for dinner :P haha I am so mean.

I will take you to a restaurant and force you to see the live crabs in the restaurants in the water and force you to touch it and then have to eat it for dinner :P haha I am so mean.

I don't like restaurants where you can pick a crab or lobster to eat, I find that sad =( They cook them alive =( I am not a vegetarian but I do buy meat and fish or lobster/crabs that haven't suffered with pain when they died. But getting off topic now xD

I don't like restaurants where you can pick a crab or lobster to eat, I find that sad =( They cook them alive =( I am not a vegetarian but I do buy meat and fish or lobster/crabs that haven't suffered with pain when they died. But getting off topic now xD

Many Chinese restaurants do that, uh oh. xD

Many Chinese restaurants do that, uh oh. xD

But wouldn't they kill them with ice before cooking them? I always thought they would be humane to those sea life that they cook alive. I have never bought one from there anyway cause they are always so expensive anyway. Haha I will stop going off topic now.

Right, back on-topic. :P

I suppose with most fears you can gradually overcome them with time. I don't know anyone personally that has overcome a fear but I am sure some of you may know someone that may have?

• Like 1

Right, back on-topic. :P

I suppose with most fears you can gradually overcome them with time. I don't know anyone personally that has overcome a fear but I am sure some of you may know someone that may have?

I'm trying xD I actually touched a dead one recently but it gives me the shivers haha. With clowns I don't know O.o

• 4 weeks later...