Who is your favourite anime character of all time?

NightDancer

Honda Goro from Major.

This is a lesser known anime with baseball as its main topic. The anime brings you through the life of Goro from young to old.

The main reason is basically that no matter what life throws at him, he constantly face the challenges if life to achieve his dream, of becoming a baseball professional like his father. Through the lost of his father, the lost of his dominant arm and even when external forces strives to ensure that he can't continue his dreams, he continues pursuing his dreams and grow stronger through it holding on to his beliefs. To achieve his dreams, he would even take the hardest route to prove himself the best, rather fighting against the best and emerging the winner, than to fight among people that are in the same league as him

Always going to be Asuka from Evangelion no matter how many anime I watch. She is just so relate-able to me. She's the reason I used to dye my hair red. Even when I go through stages of not liking anime anymore, there is no way I will ever stop liking her. She and Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl are two fictional characters who have probably shaped me to be like I am today, I think in terms of personality and what I wear. :) Plus I like that Asuka is loud like me too. Makes me feel better about my loud voice especially since I get into trouble for talking so loudly all the time but its something I cannot really control.

• Like 1

Oh gosh that's a tough one... I think I know how you guys felt when you gave me grief for making you have to narrow down your two most favourite anime Opening/Ending themes for that AN Compilation #01 soundtrack. :P

I have a few candidates in mind from Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gundam SEED/Destiny or even Code Geass... will get back to you after I finish watching the first season of it.

There are so many animes nowadays but there must be at least one character that is one of your favourites! If so which one and why? =)

In the meantime, what is yours? ;)

• 3 months later...

My favorite switches from time to time, probably because of seeing new characters and getting older myself. A few of my all time favorites: Rei Ayanami, Motoko Kusanagi, Mariah Chao, Sailor Venus, Leafa. Leafa is currently my favorite one! <3

• 3 months later...

There is too many of anime characters to be considered by my all time favorite but however I had my top 10 list of best anime characters of all time.

1. (2 way tie) Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad and Akatsuki from Log Horizon.

2. Nonon Jakuzure from Kill la Kill.

3. (3 way tie) Kyouko Sakura, Madoka Kaname, and Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

4. Jibril from No Game No Life.

5. (2 way tie) Nico Yazawa from Love Live! and Hibiki Ganaha from iDOLM@STER.

6. Takane Enomoto (Ene) from Mekakucity Actors.

7. Mashiro Shiina from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

8. (2 way tie) Chisaki Hiradaira and Manaka Mukaido from Nagi no Asukara.

9. Akame from Akame ga Kill.

10. Rin Matsuoka from Free!

• Like 1

Hm... favorites go to:

1) Rintarou Okabe

Steins;Gate

2) Xerxes Break

Pandora Hearts

3) Sasara

Countrouble

3) Lelouch Lamperouge

Code Geass

5) Holo

Spice and Wolf

As for a reason, I like all of their personalities. All of these characters are developed pretty well in my opinion, and they all add quite a bit to each work they were featured in.

• Like 1

4. Jibril from No Game No Life.

Jibril was fricken hilarious. :D

3) Lelouch Lamperouge

I only know Okabe and Lelouch from your list but it seems they both carry heavy burdens i.e. the actions they made had the implication to change the world severely and both had long journeys.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a three-way tie, Luffy and Zoro from One Piece, and Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo from Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo.

Luffy is one of my favorites because of his stupidity.

Zoro is one because he is a badass plain and simple.

Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo because he is Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo.

Guest Evil_Hunter

Goku, because he is a funny, loveable and extremly strong Fighter. He has a well know anime. (mabey the best anime ever)

WHO EVER IS DELETING MY POST JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST STOP!!!

That would be me, @Evil_Hunter, we know Goku is your favourite character but there is no need to push him onto other people's favourite anime character lists. Please refrain from doing so again.

Guest Evil_Hunter
That would be me, @Evil_Hunter, we know Goku is your favourite character but there is no need to push him onto other people's favourite anime character lists. Please refrain from doing so again.

Fine...:S

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I might be able to narrow this list down to 6 :P

1.Suzuka Dairenji from Tokyo Ravens

1. Kaori Miyazono from Your Lie in April

1. Aisaka Taiga from Toradora

1. Kanade from Angel Beats

1. Louise from Familiar of Zero

1. Nepgear from Hyperdimension Neptunia

1. Konjiki no Yami from To Love-Ru

1. Laura Bodewig from Infinite Stratos

1. Akemi Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica

2. Fate Testarossa from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

2. Kurumi from Date A Live

3. Lelouch from Code Geass

3. L from Death Note

4. Ichiyon from Upotte!

4. Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia

4. Sakurai Aoi from Rail Wars

• 10 months later...
There are so many animes nowadays but there must be at least one character that is one of your favourites! If so which one and why? =)

My favorite anime character ever is a toss up, but i wont give both i will answer with the best movie/series compilation and the anime that really had me and still does captivate me..... Ghost in the Shell, any of the editions except the 2nd movie, innocence..... that was the only let down for me.

My favorite anime character ever is a toss up, but i wont give both i will answer with the best movie/series compilation and the anime that really had me and still does captivate me..... Ghost in the Shell, any of the editions except the 2nd movie, innocence..... that was the only let down for me.

My favorite anime character is Motoko Kusunagi or the Major from G.i.t.S., she has the depth to be outstanding and believable. i have always had a strong connection to the anime and she is perfect in her acting because she pulls you into the life she portrays and to be in a prosthetic shell not being in touch with your humanity with the exception of her "ghost" its all nothing more than an expensive military armored suit.... the loss of humanity and feeling the actual way that its described is how ive always felt as a ghost in a shell wandering this earth in a state of illusion as to what is truly reality. So i understand her and am closer to the anime then i can say, it pulls certain emotional and philosophical strings in my life that gives me a devotion to the major and the show.

This is a difficult question to answer. I am split between about 17 characters.

I would have to say that Canada from Hetalia is my favorite.

• Geano locked this topic