what anime did you feel abruptly came to an end

Wodahs

i thought there was a thread about this already but couldnt find it

so im not asking which one you feel after so many series ended and you want to keep going , but which ones ended after one season left in the air and you waited for a season 2 to at least help finish seasons 1 scenario , as I found my self for some reason today thinking about unbreakable machine doll and how it seemed to finish with a cliff-hanger (well to me from what I remember about it) yet to be answered

so what were yours

ill probably think of a few more my self latter

i thought there was a thread about this already but couldnt find it

so im not asking which one you feel after so many series ended and you want to keep going , but which ones ended after one season left in the air and you waited for a season 2 to at least help finish seasons 1 scenario , as I found my self for some reason today thinking about unbreakable machine doll and how it seemed to finish with a cliff-hanger (well to me from what I remember about it) yet to be answered

so what were yours

ill probably think of a few more my self latter

For me, as far as the TV series goes, the original "Fullmetal Alchemist" ended somewhat unresolved as both brothers ended up separated completely. Fans need to watch the movie sequel "Conqueror of Shambala" to see the positive outcome.

Great Teacher Onizuka.

I've hoped there'd be second season 2 since he embarked on a new adventure but that never happened. :/

*I've heard that there was GTO manga sequel but since I haven't read it and we're talking strictly about anime I guess this qualifies.

While we're on this topic, Code Geass ended with a cliffhanger but I didn't mind since I've liked the way it was done. I don't know what they'll do with R3 but it'd such a waste to ruin ending of R2 which was probably anime's strongest point.

TTGL ''ended'' roughly and it was such a waste because I'd have liked to see more of Kamina...

• Like 2

I think Blue Exorcist ended kind of abruptly. Like, an episode before the very end, they ran into a whole new problem. They just ended it with a semi trying to kill them. That's it. No special ending song after seven hours of my time. I'm not dissing Blue Exorcist, it's really good, but they could've done a better job ending it. I mean, they are adding another season, I'm pretty sure, and it'll be good, but come on!!

BE.jpg.6505fe6354a87165d2d1236a345a6d7e.jpg

Edited by Guest

I think Blue Exorcist ended kind of abruptly. Like, an episode before the very end, they ran into a whole new problem. They just ended it with a semi trying to kill them. That's it. No special ending song after seven hours of my time. I'm not dissing Blue Exorcist, it's really good, but they could've done a better job ending it. I mean, they are adding another season, I'm pretty sure, and it'll be good, but come on!!

[ATTACH=full]30794[/ATTACH]

but blue exorcist did get a second season which is out already , not that ive seen it nor know where its picked up

yes im interested in all that finished gully at end of first season with out finalisation or ones that blatantly hinted of a second that never came

some more to the list

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

Claymore

any one else ??

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Personally full metal alchemist came to an end quite quickly but i think fairy tale after 8 or so seasons ended quite weirdly like there is gonna be another season but i haven't heard of a new season so :(

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...

No game no life but if it gets a second season then I hope they make it as awesome as the first! I know the movie is coming out but that I am pretty sure is back story for how the world tet if that was his name created....

"Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"

I knew the second I read the title of this post that this was my response. I was really annoyed by the ending of DanMachi as I was really enjoying it up until it's last few episodes. I felt it showed a lot of promise and I was genuinely really enjoying it for what it was. And then, the last few episodes came along. All of a sudden I felt the show lost all sense of reason and became a rushed, blabbering mess, completely ruining everything I had watched already with a conclusion that felt out of place and with a lot of unresolved and wasted material from earlier in the show.

Really devestatingly poor conclusion to an anime I was enjoying, for a time.

• Like 1

"Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"

I knew the second I read the title of this post that this was my response. I was really annoyed by the ending of DanMachi as I was really enjoying it up until it's last few episodes. I felt it showed a lot of promise and I was genuinely really enjoying it for what it was. And then, the last few episodes came along. All of a sudden I felt the show lost all sense of reason and became a rushed, blabbering mess, completely ruining everything I had watched already with a conclusion that felt out of place and with a lot of unresolved and wasted material from earlier in the show.

Really devestatingly poor conclusion to an anime I was enjoying, for a time.

Talking about this show. What happened with the second season? There's already 6 episodes and I don't see a trace of the protagonist of the first seson, is this season only about that new girl and the yuri she wants to happen? I'm confused.

2242746_1323827412730.72res_500_281.jpg.32fcad6ec0f069337febd51f32d8bcff.jpg

• Like 1

Talking about this show. What happened with the second season? There's already 6 episodes and I don't see a trace of the protagonist of the first seson, is this season only about that new girl and the yuri she wants to happen? I'm confused.

[ATTACH=full]31313[/ATTACH]

They dared to make a second season? :o

It's all news to me, I'd better check that out... thanks for the referral ^w^

• Like 1

They dared to make a second season? :o

It's all news to me, I'd better check that out... thanks for the referral ^w^

Yes they did, it's called Dungeon Ni Deai Wo Motomeru No Wa Machigatteiru No Darou Ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria. I'm only watching because I'm hoping to see the protagonist from the last season, but we're 6 episodes in AND NOTHING.

tumblr_inline_oo9xh00FIS1sim6sz_500.gif.17be1a6f0647cdfda76c086d051eaa6a.gif

• Like 1

@Teru Oh of course, Sword Oratoria, I remember reading of that. I believe it's a side story that focuses on... well here have a look:

image.thumb.png.ccb3e799cfcc81452ff8525f4f1204d5.png

The cover doesn't seem to feature MC either

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

@Teru Oh of course, Sword Oratoria, I remember reading of that. I believe it's a side story that focuses on... well here have a look:

[ATTACH]31314[/ATTACH]

The cover doesn't seem to feature MC either

I'm not hyped about that at all, I know this is basically a yuri anime now, sadly.

• Like 1

Absolute Duo

Divine Gate

Dimension W

Deadman Wonderland

Rokka No Yuusha

Mayo Chiki

Karneval

Deadman Wonderland, Rokka no Yuusha and Mayo Chiki I agree. I had to start reading Deadman's manga and Rokka no Yuusha's light novel to see what was going to happen after the animes ended.

Deadman Wonderland, Rokka no Yuusha and Mayo Chiki I agree. I had to start reading Deadman's manga and Rokka no Yuusha's light novel to see what was going to happen after the animes ended.

Oooh i don't know if i could read deadmans manga. It was one of the few anime series I found truly gruesome. Still enjoyed it. Need to get Rokka No Yuusha Manga and LN but I'm in a bit of a read out stage right now (too much reading)

• Like 1

Oooh i don't know if i could read deadmans manga. It was one of the few anime series I found truly gruesome. Still enjoyed it. Need to get Rokka No Yuusha Manga and LN but I'm in a bit of a read out stage right now (too much reading)

I know how you feel. I read a lot of mangas as well and somehow I still find something worth my time that I never heard about. Deadman's is worth it if you liked the anime, it has only 58 chapters.

I know how you feel. I read a lot of mangas as well and somehow I still find something worth my time that I never heard about. Deadman's is worth it if you liked the anime, it has only 58 chapters.

I'll look at it I haven't finished the Anima but I will soon and Ill probably need the Manga when I'm done..

• Like 1

Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

I was really getting into it, and hyped up to see what happened next... And, that was it. There was no next. I mean, come on, wtf. I guess they had wrapped up the one arc, but I felt like there was so much missing. :meh:

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic