Neptunia Rebirth Games are hard

RepentantSky

Seriously, have any of you ever played one of these things? I just recently beat my first Neptuina game with Mega Tagmension: Blanc Vs Zombies, and that game kind of starts off hard, but now that I'm playing Neptunia Rebirth 1, I'm seeing a trend here. The bosses are a stupid hard difficulty spike. Where I'm at right now, the regular enemies can hardly touch me, but I fought a boss, and I barely beat him, and the boss before that, was even harder. Has anyone ever played these games before and found that to be an issue? Or have you played them just in general. It seems kind of odd that a series dedicated to making fun of video games and brands would be more difficult than most of the games they make fun of.

Really? I've honestly never found any of the Neptunia games hard. Do note that they may be some battles that you MUST lose in order to proceed with the story. Unless you've grinded the hell out, then you'll absolutely lose.

Megatagmension Blanc was easy as hell. You can even finish it without touching the in-game shop.

When it comes to ReBirths tho, proper game knowledge should do the trick. Proper grinding, equips and team composition are all parts that needs to be taken note of.

But hey, don't you think that bosses are meant to be hard? If they hardly pose a challenge, then it kinda ruins their "Boss" title. lol

Maybe I'm just underleveled for boss fights then? I fought the boss at the end of Chapter 2, and I only won because Noire could transform, and even then, I only won because I was able to take her out of range of the bosses attacks and heal her up for several turns. Neptune, even though she was transformed and Compa both bit the big one during that fight. The fight before that, since it's basically two boss battles back to back, Noire barely pulled through, Compa had died twice, and Neptune, even transformed barely made and I had to heal with Compa's First Aid for the previous 5 turns to make that happen. I guess what I really need it better healing moves, but even defending sometimes to keep the damage I take low while healing isn't always enough.

Be sure to also use items, as to make sure Compa doesn't run out of SP fast.

If you feel like a battle is too much to handle, you can always grind for exp for the time being by doing quests, unlocking optional dungeons and stocking up on supplies. I have already finished many Neptunia games, including all ReBirths. The ReBirth1 is actually a lot easier than the next ones, so the game knowledge you get from this game would absolutely be handy for the next games.

• Informative 2

If I remember correctly, you have to get the Plans for them, then use the Remake system to implement the Plan using Materials needed.

I can't really check my ReBirth1 for info as I just finished Cycle 2 and haven't started Cycle 3 yet.

But click HERE and it should give you all the information needed on the Remake System.

Add Dungeon - as the name says, adds the Dungeon to the game. Optional Dungeons are unlocked this way after obtaining the Plan.

Add Enemies - adds harder enemies to the dungeon, making it harder. Effective for grinding exp.

Item Change - Changes the items you can pick up inside the dungeon. Drops obtained by monsters are determined by the monster itself, thus the Item Change doesn't change Monster Drops, only the items you can Pick up.

• Informative 1

That info helped a lot. I managed to get a dungeon and add enemies to it that gave me easy an 10K exp. I had to level up a but to beat the boss that I needed to heal Neptune's poison, and I've been able to get her level caught up with them. With this knowledge, I should be able to keep myself from getting stuck again.

I've moved forward a lot, I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of chapter 4 now and my characters are nearly at level 50. I haven't had this much fun with a new RPG series in a while, which is funny considering how goofy this game is. Either way it's still fun, so I'm sore sure going to be playing more of these after I finish this one. Thanks again for the advice.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Don't suppose anyone would be will to help me again. I'm trying to beat CFW Trick and I cannot do it. I've been stuck trying to level up and beat him with my Drive Gauge and that doesn't do enough, but he also regains too much health for me to beat him otherwise. I am at level 61-63 with my party and he's still not taking enough damage and doing a lot. I've been training for this fight for over three hours and I'm stuck.

I love the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise and all the games. (o^.^o) Megadimension Neptunia VII and Re;Birth 2 being my top favourites.. overall the difficulty can spike at strange points which requires some grinding for a few levels if you get stuck at a boss.

Having said that I haven't played Re;Birth 2 for awhile. That level should be about right though for CFW Trick.. Who is in your party? Also you've got decent weapons/armor/accessories for your party?

Same. I haven't played Re;Birth 2 for a while now. In fact, I haven't played any of the Re;Births after finishing them.

Maybe you need a different set of characters? Remember to use Buffs and Debuffs. Also proper positioning of the characters would also help in some instances. Equipment and Disks are also important.

Anyway, goodluck in your conquest. May the four goddesses be with you.

Thanks for trying to help, but I got frustrated after two more hours of grinding and still losing and decided to just buy Nepgear's anime sword to get past the fight and ending up beating the rest of the game. I didn't use the sword for the rest of it, but I was seriously getting annoyed and just used it to beat Trick. Now I'm giving Rebirth 3 a go.

All good! Make sure you aim for the True Endings too, they often add an extra 1-2 chapters at the end of each game.

I actually still haven't got True Ending for Re;birth 3 - the normal ending is very... uneventful. >_<

Have you seen the anime adaptation yet or you waiting until after you finish Re;birth 3? It is based on many of the events from the Re;birth games.

After that you can try the newest one Megadimension Neptunia VII, it's the darkest one yet! Has a much better battle system and Uzume / Orange Heart are great.

I'm gonna watch anything anime related after I beat the games. As for the true endings, depending on how much time I have, I might just watch them instead of playing them. I did get the true ending for Re;birth 1 though.

Thankfully, I already own Megadimension Neptunia VII because it was on that Golden Week sale last week and it only cost me about 12 bucks. Gonna play it after I finish Re;birth 3 for sure.

• Like 1

I have seen all endings of every Re;Birth. It's one of those things that I just can't let go, I HAVE to get all endings. lol.

Neptunia VII is so uhh.... Neptastic!

I'm currently waiting for Cyberdimension to hit Steam, then I'll be able to continue my journey with muh waifus.

Okay now I'm super lost here. I'm at Chapter 4 and the last thing I did was was talk to Vert in Leanbox and "found out" that she's the CPU in the other dimension. There's no one left to talk anywhere in Guilds for Information or anything, and I don't remember being given any hint as to where I should go next. I have no idea what to do.

• 1 month later...

If I get to chapter 8, does that mean I'm guaranteed to get the true ending in Rebirth 3? If not, can I still do what I need to, to get the true ending? At this point I'm more than invested enough to get the true ending and I'd really like to make sure I do.

Sorry I don't know the answer, best to make sure you have a new separate save each new chapter.

I passed Rebirth 3 awhile ago but didn't get true ending (the good ending is terrible and ends abruptly at the climax with the CPUs!!) so in the process of getting True Ending but I just haven't had the chance to play for awhile now due to my current schedule. :(

There is a Rebirth 3 thread in this section which would be worthwhile bumping.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Well I just finished Megadimension Neptunia VII but man the game had some issues, including the non-true ending which is pointlessly sad. That said, I really do not like the road building system, traveling from place to place can be extremely annoying considering how far you have to go sometimes. It makes taking quests extremely annoying sometimes. Also, I think they made it entirely too difficult to get defensive items considering how much of the game had you splitting income 4 ways, only to take away the ability to invest at probably the worst time, which forces grinding. Never mind that the only way to really make enough money is to max out Zero Dimension towards the end and sell the parts to do everything else. The game does have a good story, and Uzume just might be one of my favorite characters in the series, but man the problems that be really hag at you. I still want to get the true ending, but I began to figure out how.