What is the worst anime you have ever watched?

scarlet reaper

• 1 month later...

I don't usually like to give anime extremely low ratings unless it's completely devoid of entertainment value (which is rare, because studios usually have to put in a decent amount of effort even if it's just cashing in). That being said, I do come across certain 1s, 2s, and 3s out of a score of 10. Here's a list:

- Tantei Opera Milky Holmes

- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira

- Detective Conan vs. Wooo

- Pokemon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened

- Pokemon Best Wishes: Decolora Adventure

- Digimon Xros Wars, especially the Time-Hunters part of the season

There are usually a lot of reasons and factors that go into what I consider a bad anime, but most of them are the same reasons that I don't bother going into them: bad writing, cliched and uninteresting characters, generic story that I've seen before, too much fanservice that distracts from the storyline, too much filler, and the reason above all: it's boring. I try to rate my anime nowadays based on how much entertainment value it has for myself personally rather than try to rate it "objectively" like it's mathematics (which I used to do), so it's definitely a very subjective rating.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Probably gonna be Diabolik Lovers. Even though I love the beginning, in the end I was like, what just happened? Like, there are wolves breaking through the window, towards Yui and- boom! The ending theme rolls in. I spent MONTHS researching on it. But I found NOTHING. I even read the manga, which was totally different from the anime. Like, no similarities at all. (I wouldn't recommend you to watch it if you're not yet 17. And you don't wanna get your hopes crushed)

• Informative 1

Pupa. Seriously, why a red BUTTERFLY?!! Butterflies are meant to be cute. But NOOOO. Pupa just HAD to use butterflies. And that brother-eating scene. Um, EXCUSE ME?! How could an innocent butterfly make that girl EAT her brother?! Seriously, I hated it. WHY JAPAN??!!:'(:'(

• Funny 1

Not many anime tend to bore me to death or earn my hate, but I did not enjoy Attack on Titan, which many people seem to think is one of the best anime out there.

If you want to see what I hated about it, you can check out the review of it that I just linked to, but the only other thing that I hated, which I did not mention on the linked page, is how people think that some basic questions that are only meant to create intrigue in the series are somehow deep and meaningful.

Honestly, deep questions are like "What is truth?" or "What is a miracle?", not motivations behind what characters are doing.

It's been so long I thought I was alone all this time.

However, AOT wasn't the worst I have completed. The only Anime I absolutely loathed was Mahou Sensei Negima! I rated it 0.5/5 I wanted to rate it 0 but that wasn't an option. If you can call excrement art, then I guess it's a form of art.

Pupu......that anime......is the single worst thing to exist in all of humanity, its only a half hour long in total, im not gonna say much except its trying so hard to be edgy its cringy.....MASSIVE GORE WARNING

I usually watch anything with an open mind, but, these anime were very bad.

Deadman Wonderland: Had a pretty interesting premise. Ruined it with a bad main character, terrible screenplay, bad pacing, bad voice acting, and a bad ending. The only redeeming qualities are the animation and the score. Simply put, this anime was boring.

Gilgamesh: This is a pretty obscure anime, and I'm sure most people have never heard of it. It starts of pretty well, but, as it goes on, it literally has no idea what it's doing. It becomes pretentious, and thinks it's very deep, when it's not. Also, the plot becomes extremely convoluted around the mid-way mark. On top of all that, the voice acting is very monotone. This anime was a snooze-fest.

Mayoiga: The definition of disappointment. I was pretty excited because it was from the same author as Another. It starts of with a group of people who want to start fresh, and they end up in a shady place. Seemed promising. What went wrong? Character designs were generic, the pacing was awful, the plot became convoluted, the interactions were boring, and there was no sense of suspense or tension, even though it was a perfect setting for stuff like that.

Honorable mentions: Psychic Detective Yakumo, Guilty Crown(which I dropped halfway through).

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I only started to watch anime again (after a few years) last year so I haven't watched that much anime and the ones I've seen have been pretty good so far but what comes to mind for this question is Vampire Knight. I don't hate it, but I think I outgrew the vampire concept and it wasn't as interesting to me, which made me pretty upset because I don't like to not like an anime, but I honestly just didn't find it interesting. :/

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic