What is the worst anime you have ever watched?

scarlet reaper

I don't want to step on anyone's toes so if you see an anime on here that you liked, don't get offended everyone has their own personal interests in anime. Ok so I have not seen many bad anime personally however I didn't like sankarea because of the uninteresting storyline and the crappy ending. I'm also not too big on aldnoah zero, the storyline itself and the characters are pretty good however it has had the shittiest ending i have ever come across. TWICE! what about you? what anime did you hate?

The worst anime I forced myself to complete are Big Order, Tales of Zestria, Gangsta, Tokyo Ghoul S2, and Super Kid. There are a few experimental shorts that are worse, but they are so obscure they aren't even worth mentioning.

• Agree 2

Colorful and Orochuban Ebichu come to mind along with Highschool of the dead, Kanon (first version), and Super Street Fighter IV.

• Agree 1
  • Creative 1

Oh yea I forgot about high school of the dead

I can agree with that. I went into it blind, only knowing that it had zombies. I'm a bit of a zombie fan, which is unfortunate because 95% of all zombie movies/games/shows are terrible, so I was fairly eager to give Highschool of the Dead a try.

The opening sequence dashed all of my hopes, but for some fool reason I kept going, hoping that it would have some sort of redeeming quality.

It... didn't. :'(

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Funny 1

SAO and RWBY for me. I hate both of them. SAO ruined itself from the getgo, however the thing is RWBY would be good, but something about it makes me hate it to the core. don't know what exactly, but it does.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Funny 1

Oh yea I forgot about high school of the dead

kinda same but I dropped it after 3 episodes so I don't really wanna judge sth I haven't seen

Owari no Seraph was pretty bad imo as well... the second season was thankfully not as idiotic as the first one but I still have a bad opinion about the anime

Okami shoujo to kuro ouji was another terribly cringey anime that I regret watching, the characters were just so freaking stupid and it makes me feel bad that the author considered such a low-key abusive relationship to be worthy of making a story about

Also, Mirai Nikki is another one of those I dislike... it has many fans, I know, but seriously, for the most part it was just stupid children and even stupider adults doing sh*t that lead to nothing and the whole plot would have no freakin point otherwise, so the author threw in a joke of a ''god'' to make things work.... wtf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The worst anime I forced myself to complete are Big Order, Tales of Zestria, Gangsta, Tokyo Ghoul S2, and Super Kid. There are a few experimental shorts that are worse, but they are so obscure they aren't even worth mentioning.

TG S2... the worst anime you've ever watched... i'm speechless.

Tokyo Ghoul season 2 was a mess. There were parts in the manga that had been taken out of the anime that absolutely needed to be there and it made the whole thing play out horribly. Season 2 should have been at least 4 episodes longer so that it made even a lick of sense.

I don't know if you ever heard of Eiken, but if you want to see something bad go check it out. HOTD and SAO don't even come close to the awfulness that is Eiken.

Is it unfair if I say Shin-chan? The characters aren't funny, the jokes are stupid, it's annoying to look at and falls flat on it's face from the start and never gets better. There's nothing redeemable about it at all.

You're referring to the Funimation dub or the original Japanese version?

[spoiler=TG S2]-Kaneki joins Aogiri, the terrorist group that tried to torture him to death, because he wants to "get stronger." That's like a Jew joining the Nazis because he wants military training to protect his family from the Nazis.

-Literally everything Kaneki does is edge for the sake of being edgy. Sure, he got tortured, but that is a cheap excuse.

-Whenever Kaneki is about to lose a fight, he magically loses control of his powers, allowing him to win.

-Touka, an important character in S1, literally does nothing except stare at Kaneki twice.

-The battle near the end of the series was somehow more drawn out than The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.

-The only good part of it was when Kaneki carried his friend's body through the battlegrounds, but the series didn't do anything to make me care about his death.

It may not have been the worst, but it is still bad enough to warrant a 1/10. Oh, don't bother trying to bring the manga into this since the source material is irrelevant when discussing the adaptation. Here is my list if you would like what other shows I rated just as bad as it.

If you would like to continue this debate, send me a PM in order to prevent this thread from being derailed.

Edited by Guest

I don't know if you ever heard of Eiken, but if you want to see something bad go check it out. HOTD and SAO don't even come close to the awfulness that is Eiken.

You're referring to the Funimation dub or the original Japanese version?

It has nothing to do with one version or the other. The show is garbage on both fronts.

It has nothing to do with one version or the other. The show is garbage on both fronts.

I don't think it's that bad. The Funimation version butchered it, though... It's fairly liked in Japan and it IS a kids show, let's be fair. Nothing can be ever as bad as Eiken or Pupa.

I don't think it's that bad. The Funimation version butchered it, though... It's fairly liked in Japan and it IS a kids show, let's be fair. Nothing can be ever as bad as Eiken or Pupa.

If I'm gonna be honest, the "It's a kids show" is the least acceptable and most annoying excuse I've ever heard. I grew up watching kids shows that I still go back and watch sometimes, and they are actually good. It's not just nostalgia that makes me like them. Shin-chan though, posses none of the attributes to make it likable.

If I'm gonna be honest, the "It's a kids show" is the least acceptable and most annoying excuse I've ever heard. I grew up watching kids shows that I still go back and watch sometimes, and they are actually good. It's not just nostalgia that makes me like them. Shin-chan though, posses none of the attributes to make it likable.

That's your opinion and I won't judge you for it. This is a free country after all. Again, the series is not as well-known or even liked in the West as it is in Japan and the translation definitely differs from the original. In Japanese it's really more of a typical kids show, whereas the English version adds more adult humor to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Not many anime tend to bore me to death or earn my hate, but I did not enjoy Attack on Titan, which many people seem to think is one of the best anime out there.

If you want to see what I hated about it, you can check out the review of it that I just linked to, but the only other thing that I hated, which I did not mention on the linked page, is how people think that some basic questions that are only meant to create intrigue in the series are somehow deep and meaningful.

Honestly, deep questions are like "What is truth?" or "What is a miracle?", not motivations behind what characters are doing.

• Agree 1

What comes to mind is Tenjou Tenge. It had so much potential as a fighting manga but was executed so poorly. The main character is just some undisciplined hot-headed delinquent who is essentially gift-wrapped all his perks because the plot required it. The show made an attempt to develop him but it came off as rushed and contrived for the sake of making him look interesting. I just didn't buy him at all a protagonist.

Then there's also the issue with half the show being flashbacks with a different story and characters..

• Like 1

Akame ga Kill. My friends told me to watch it because it was an anime that kill it's character off for good! The show live up to that statement, but honestly I thought show kill their characters off too quickly and so often that I barely felt anything when a character die. The only deaths that affect me were Chelsea and Bols because they gave them so little airtime before they were killed off. Ugh, my favorite characters from the show. Other problems I had with show was with the boring male who most of females seem to had a thing for and the ending seem rushed.

• Like 2

• Geano locked this topic