Anime Search

Tasty

Hi all. Just made this account. I'm in search of a good anime, preferably English dubbed. I would hugely appreciate it if anyone helped me. I'm looking for an anime with romance and action, but kinda leaning towards the romance side. Good relationship development, and a chosen partner, as in, not ending with the relationship kinda where it started off. Ecchi would be nice, but not required. Comedy is a nice bonus too. Something like sword art online. All anime I've tried similar to SOA were either too dark, or lacked the romantic aspect. Thanks whomever helps me out!

-Tasty

• Like 1

There is a decent variety in the romance genre, it really depends on what you want which you will find enjoyable. Note that some of these are rather obscure so take these as just a few pointers and quality is all over the place.

If you want some action with somewhat a romance theme then Elemental Gelade or Tokyo Underground is worth checking out.

For a more surreal or just out of normal slice-of-life, you could go with Kyoukai no Kanata, Midori Days, Shuffle, Trouble Chocolate, Air or My Bride is a Mermaid just to name a few.

If you want more normal slice-of-life then Da Capo, Nisekoi or Fuuka might be more your speed.

For more deep stories, winding and entrenching emotions, things that will make you ball your eyes out, and more like what you might find in a real relationship then Clannad, Your lie in April, or Nodame Cantabile is worth watching.

Lastly, the guilty pleasures if you will, ecchi from the generic to bordering on the absurd with some semblance of romance entwined, you could go with Futari Ecchi, Chobits, DearS, Girls Bravo, or Ladies Vs. Butlers.

Hope this helps, and feel free to discuss any of these.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Hi all. Just made this account. I'm in search of a good anime, preferably English dubbed. I would hugely appreciate it if anyone helped me. I'm looking for an anime with romance and action, but kinda leaning towards the romance side. Good relationship development, and a chosen partner, as in, not ending with the relationship kinda where it started off. Ecchi would be nice, but not required. Comedy is a nice bonus too. Something like sword art online. All anime I've tried similar to SOA were either too dark, or lacked the romantic aspect. Thanks whomever helps me out!

-Tasty

If you want comedy with action and romantic elements then "Ouran High School Host Club" is the series I would recommend.

hmmm I would have said kenichi but it is not that romantic. you can try old anime like best teacher onizuka.

If you want something like SAO then try Tower of Druaga as it has romance/action and some funny parts.

Akatsuki no yuna may also b a candidate for you.

• Agree 1

I don't know about GTO's romance aspect myself, of course I only got through the first 4-6 eps and there was only flirting for the most part and it was from some jailbait from what I remember. What I do remember clearly was much subversion and badassery to establish rapport. I can recommend GTO if you like the yakuza/delinquent genre entries such as Cromartie High School, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, or Gokusen.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a decent variety in the romance genre, it really depends on what you want which you will find enjoyable. Note that some of these are rather obscure so take these as just a few pointers and quality is all over the place.

If you want some action with somewhat a romance theme then Elemental Gelade or Tokyo Underground is worth checking out.

For a more surreal or just out of normal slice-of-life, you could go with Kyoukai no Kanata, Midori Days, Shuffle, Trouble Chocolate, Air or My Bride is a Mermaid just to name a few.

If you want more normal slice-of-life then Da Capo, Nisekoi or Fuuka might be more your speed.

For more deep stories, winding and entrenching emotions, things that will make you ball your eyes out, and more like what you might find in a real relationship then Clannad, Your lie in April, or Nodame Cantabile is worth watching.

Lastly, the guilty pleasures if you will, ecchi from the generic to bordering on the absurd with some semblance of romance entwined, you could go with Futari Ecchi, Chobits, DearS, Girls Bravo, or Ladies Vs. Butlers.

Hope this helps, and feel free to discuss any of these.

Thanks so much! It's kinda sad I've seen almost all the Ecchi suggestions xD

• Geano locked this topic