Gaming in March 2017

RepentantSky

There's a lot to look forward to coming up next month, from the release of the Nintendo Switch, to NieR: Automata, to Mario Sports Superstars to Zelda: Breath of the Wild. There's just a lot to look forward to, and it technically has already started with the trailer for Middle-Earth: Shadows of War, which let us know a gameplay trailer is on the way come March 8th, and Twitch streamers playing Horizon Zero Dawn on Twitch right now. So the question I pass on to you, is what are you most excited about? There's a lot to look forward to for shooters as well since Mass Effect is on the way, and so is Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

For me, I'm most excited for Horizon Zero Dawn, which despite it's launch date, favors a March sort of setting because it comes out on the last day of the month, and Mario Sports Superstars, which will have the most detailed online functionality that a 3DS game has had to date. I'm also super excited about the Switch and the games coming for it, but I won't be getting it on release sadly. So what are you most excited about? Let's talk upcoming games. Here's the trailer for Shadows of War by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5LbCZMpCA

If you like this kind of thread. let me know, I could make one each month for the sake of conversation, summarizing the month and posting the biggest trailers and such. I'm an amateur journalist so I'm usually in the know about these sorts of things.

• Like 1

Letzee...

Mostly, I'm looking forward to Breath of the Wild though it'll be a few moments until I'm actually able to pick up a Switch, sadly. Mass Effect: Andromeda is another thing I'm interested in, and something I'll actually be able to pick up and enjoy fairly quickly.

I'm also going to be giving Strafe a look, since I love quasi-roguelike first person shooters.

• Like 1

I almost forgot about Strafe. For sure gonna have to pick that one up. Any game that reminds me of old school doom is worth looking into.

I can definitely agree with that. The gameplay and graphical style both really call out to me, to say the least.

From a purely visual perspective it reminds me a great deal of Sublevel Zero, which was another retro styled roguelike-like game, this time modeled after the classic Descent titles. If I enjoy Strafe even half as much as I enjoyed Sublevel I'll be highly impressed.

If you like this kind of thread. let me know, I could make one each month for the sake of conversation, summarizing the month and posting the biggest trailers and such.

I think it'd be worth doing, to be honest. Anything to help sp

• Like 1

I've never played a Descent game, but I've seen them played, they do look fun. Here's hoping Strafe can match the style and standards it's set for itself. though it does seem like it won't have much of a problem with that.

As for making these threads monthly, I'll without a doubt consider it, thanks for the positive input zoop. ^_^

Sadly, I will need to get my financial life in order before I pick up console gaming again but that should be sometime soon as I just got word that I got a decent job offer (after five years searching, finally!). For the most part I'll be playing catch-up since the last five years has seen the birth of the current console generation and I haven't had the chance to be a part. If anyone wants to play some casual Mario Kart 8, Overwatch, Super Smash or Splatoon after I get the system/games I'll definitely be up for that.

As for what I'm looking forward to, definitely Zelda as I've been a fan most of my life.

• Like 1

I don't know if these are coming out in march, in fact I think they aren't. But these games are the ones I am most hyped for by far: God of war 4, Tekken 7, Streetfighter 5.