Whats your favorite anime monster?

scarlet reaper

Untitled.thumb.png.462df37de46c8e7982e819030e8830c1.png

Saya of Saya No Uta* by far for me. If you happen to bump into her without falling into complete and utter terror, chances are that your perception of reality is warped beyond any and all possible conception. If so, what would otherwise have the appearance of a horrid eldritch abomination may yet appear cute and easy to get along with... as long as you're okay with her position on the food chain, and the fact that the particularities of her life cycle don't bode particularly well for humanity.

My number one waifu. :)

* As much as I love Saya No Uta, I can't actually recommend it to anyone because holy fuck, the game is messed up in so many ways.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

monster monster monster !!!!!

fav monster ? where do we start

are we going cute , aggressive or what

think we should also have a thread about face monster voice actors too as that may also be interesting

well after trolling around a heap in the real early morning , prob couz I'm still half a sleep but I couldn't actually pic a fav so ill stick for now with Tora from the anime Ushio to Tora as a playfull monster but was considering Holo from Spice and Wolf instead

upload_2017-3-4_3-30-1.png.5636ea427676bee55d7275998d923b0a.png

but I just couldn't (in my tiredness) pick a monster type monster

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hmm I would say that maybe Gleam eyes from sao because it made kirito go full out in a battle like when I first watched that I was shaking with excitement!!

• Like 1

59e2176ed6bae_namelessmonster.thumb.jpg.d23622c81dfcaa8ded2289927f3d7fbb.jpg

I'm not sure if this really counts, but my favorite anime monster is the Nameless Monster from well... Monster. It's a bit of a strange thing, really, since this monster isn't actually a "real" monster. It isn't a physical presence, and it doesn't exist as a ghost or some other type of non-corporeal form. Basically, you don't ever see it pop into the story and start gobbling people up. Instead, it's a subtle thing, lurking in the subtext of every negative event.

The Nameless Monster seems, to me, to represent a feeling of hunger, pain, or lack. It represents the desire to fill the voids that exist inside of us at any cost. It also seems to represent the evil that everyone is capable of if they're pushed too far in the search of their own purpose and identity. Frankly speaking, it made me think of my own "monsters", the parts of myself that I prefer to keep to myself, under lock and key.

For its overpowering presence in the story and for its oppressive mystery, I consider the Nameless Monster to be my current favorite monster in and out of anime.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic