Unpopular opinion on characters

ItsSammy

Are there any "unpopular" (As in, not very liked) Anime characters that most people find annoying, but you actually like?

For instance, some people might think a character is too loud, whiney, dramatic, or even boring but you still like the character.

I have a few characters I actually really like but most people find annoying.

1. Recon from Sword Art Online.

upload_2017-3-6_23-37-14.png.0100475136b379d086ec096687f635df.png

Most people find his voice to be annoying since he can get a bit whiney at times but I actually quiet adore this character, he's always so adamant about his feelings towards Sugu, or Leafa-chan, as he calls her.

He's not a major character in the Anime and is pretty much only seen in a few episodes but he's still pretty great; I quiet enjoyed watching how he was drawn and thought the artwork for his character was pretty great, all of his expressions are so animated and I thought it was cute.

At one point he actually fights beside Kirito and Leafa, I thought that was pretty cool and you got to see him throw his own life away (In game) for Leafa-chan.

I think he's actually really cute and funny, it's so fun watching him try to have a real relationship with Leafa.

2. Misa-Misa from Death Note.

upload_2017-3-6_23-45-51.thumb.png.884c2764f101a944b8878d2135e2a938.png

I personally thought Misa-Misa was absolutely adorable. Although a lot of people thought her ditzy and somewhat childish personality was annoying and just hindering to Light I thought she was really cute, she was always doing her best to be helpful and the fact that she was so madly in love with Light made me feel a little bad for her because Light wasn't really a emotional kind of person ... I, personally, found Misa-Misa to be really cute and sweet, even though she could get a little ditzy at times I always found it cute.

3. Armin Arlert from Attack On Titan.

upload_2017-3-6_23-50-23.thumb.png.a9fd927c28c4852e252b9248efe05835.png

I'm absolutely in love with Armin, he's such a cute, innocent, sweet, smart, adorable, little guy and I adore him!

I'm not really sure how anyone could look at him and not like him but many people actually find him "annoying" because he gets emotional, I actually love it when he gets emotional because you can feel so much for him ... He tries his very best to do everything he can for Mikasa and Eren, he spent most of his life thinking he was a burden and no good for anything, I mean, I just love him so much! I loved watching him grow in the show and seeing him fight his demons, he really is a strong person but some people just can't see that.

I personally can't think of any reason to dislike him, he's absolutely adorable and I love him so much!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

I think anyone who has a problem with Armin is insane. He keeps the whole group together and without him, the ending of the first season would have never worked. Armin is the brains of their operation and honestly is one of the main reasons Attack on Titan is interesting at all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Back in my days where I actually liked Naruto, I didn't find Sakura to be that horrible as the majority of the people believe her to be. Kishimoto clearly does not know how to write good female characters, but she good some development throughout the series. She had to work hard for goals and whether you like her character or not, you have to admit for what she's achieved, she clearly deserves some respect.

• Like 1

Light-Yagami-light-yagami-5964725-1024-768.thumb.jpg.13642b7ae9ca1691dd6605048ee01f84.jpg

He is on so many top 10 most hated anime character lists and many people I talk to despise him but I love LIGHT! He is an awesome character and was my 2nd fave in all of deathnote, just a very small bit under L.

And also, these don't have to only be anime characters.

walter-white-saymyname1.gif.ef25af4df037b12cf67508ae8baa44c8.gif

Walter white, who is close to my favorite character on all of Television if not #1. People hate him so much but he is great and he was a good person who did bad things. HEISENBERG.

• Agree 2

Natsuki Subaru from Re:Zero

latest?cb=20160521200340

He is nothing more than a dumb, self-insert protagonist whose little character development gets reset every time he lays in a girl's lap.

I'm not sure what's worse: the fact that he went around making important political deals when he had absolutely no authority to do so, the fact that people actually took him seriously even though they knew he had no authority, or the fact that Emilia went along with the deals without questioning or reprimanding him.

• Agree 2

Back in my days where I actually liked Naruto, I didn't find Sakura to be that horrible as the majority of the people believe her to be. Kishimoto clearly does not know how to write good female characters, but she good some development throughout the series. She had to work hard for goals and whether you like her character or not, you have to admit for what she's achieved, she clearly deserves some respect.

Dude whats wrong with you, if you think shes that bad you must be a dbz fan boy

I didn't even know there was a list of unpopular anime characters and as far as I care I might find a placement of a character in an anime as odd but that doesn't mean I dislike them

main characters not being right might make me dislike the anime more so than the character tho but not so with the other characters as you still need them as you cant have an anime with just the main

• Geano locked this topic