Digimon Adventure/Zero Two

Guest Ket

True, it was just their conviction, that made be believe it could be canon! After all, there are parts of the canon (or were parts of the canon) that I am not aware of, or want to look into, but sites such as Digimon wikia have articles that are written using the dub canon, and not always compare it with the sub canon!

Watched the episode featuring Dagomon recently, wow, the "Hanyamon" wanted Hikari to become their Demon Baby Momma!! From the synopsis of the episode on Digimon wikia, I was unsure if that was changed, would have though it would, I mean "you will be our bride, and together we will make superior offspring" (or words to that effect!

Although I'm not 100% sure, from the synopsis on Digimon wikia, does look like it was changed, from Hikari being a demon baby momma, to the "Hanyamon" wanting Hikari to be their Queen! Reading some of the dub changes to the series, in some instances, it almost feels like you're watching a completely different show!

Actually because Dagomon's storyline was never addressed in the series, do you think it will play out in -tri-? Probably not, but it's a possibility, although would they get Chiaki J. Konaka back?

[spoiler=Further divergence onto -tri-]I was also thinking further about -tri-, in that similarly to how all original eight chosen children will have their partners evolve to Ultimate, will we see anymore unaddressed evolutions, from the 02 quartet, so Silphymon and Shakkomon's next forms, or maybe even the perfect, ultimate and unanimated (in 02) Armour evolutions of Veemon, Hawkmon, Armadimon, Wormmon, Tailmon and Patamon, or maybe even Armour evolution of the partners to the original eight, because apparently it's possible; Palmon to CheerGalmon!

Just thought given if they keep at the same speed, two ultimates per movie, leaves no new (partner) ultimates in the last two movies, however also requires the 02 quartet finally making an appearance!

Was thinking that the order the ultimates are in was odd, but they might be following the order the crests were found in, so that means next would be Koushiro and Takeru (given Taichi and Yamato already got their ultimates), then Sora and Hikari, wow, for a change, Takeru, won't be last, maybe, although technically as Seraphimon did appear in the third movie (third part of amalgam dub movie, he techincally wouldn't be last anyway)!

Speaking of which, will the fact that Angewomon has achieved a different ultimate (Orphanimon) to before (MagnaDramon in third movie/part of amalgam dub movie), be referenced? That said, the fact that it was apparently Lilymon's second evolution to Rosemon, wasn't referenced either, although perhaps it was, given how people commented on Zudomon to Vikemon being a new evolution, but the same sort of comment was not mentioned about Rosemon!

It's annoying nothing for the third movie is up yet, I mean a low quality poster for Determination was out around the same time Reunion was in cinema, and the teaser in the Determination trailer isn't much to go on, even tried translating the words on screen that popped up during the teaser, nothing of consquence, basically "story unfolds with new developments", if I translated it right

@senshikoi : In a way, I kinda doubt movie 3 stuff would be referenced at all. It was a standalone film made to promote the golden Digimental stuff, which was later used in the show itself (this movie came out before those events took place in the show originally). I mean, if the current movie didn't even reference the fact that this was the second time Palmon had evolved to Rosemon, which was witnessed by Jou, Koushirou, Sora, and Yamato at that time, then I doubt they would bother with the movie 3 stuff.

Also, maybe people made more of a deal over Vikemon because it was finally something more official outside of the Digimon Adventure RPG PSP game. Years ago Gomamon's Ultimate was debated on a lot as it was easy to figure out the other Adventure (01) kids' partners' Ultimate forms, but his was a tricky one. At the time, people seemed to debate over his Ultimate being either MarineAngemon or Plesiomon (sp?). Palmon's confirmed mega back then was still Rosemon, even though she had never made any real appearance in the dramas or any other part of the franchise. Years ago, I wrote a fic that took place two years after 02 ended (so in 2004). For it, I wanted to include another Ultimate/Mega for a couple of the other kids and didn't want to use Takeru or Hikari and of course no Yamato or Taichi, so I settled on HerculesKabuterimon and Rosemon. I also used an alternate evo for Hawkmon and Miyako had the Digimental of Knowledge for him, and also had alt evos for Daisuke/V-mon, Ken/Wormmon, Iori/Armadimon...but never mind all that. Some commenters asked why I didn't use Gomamon's mega and I pretty much said, it was because it was debated on too much on what his official mega form was, so I didn't want to bother with it to upset readers.

Anywho, I didn't think about the order much until you pointed it out. Jou was the first to find his crest (after Taichi), then Mimi, if I recall right, then Yamato and Koushirou found their crests at the same time, then Takeru, Sora, and Hikari. It also would be interesting if they do bring up the Dark Digital World stuff again, given the e-mail Koushirou received. I'm all for it.

Edited by Guest

In a way, I kinda doubt movie 3 stuff would be referenced at all. It was a standalone film made to promote the golden Digimental stuff, which was later used in the show itself (this movie came out before those events took place in the show originally). I mean, if the current movie didn't even reference the fact that this was the second time Palmon had evolved to Rosemon, which was witnessed by Jou, Koushirou, Sora, and Yamato at that time, then I doubt they would bother with the movie 3 stuff.

True, the movies could always be set in a different "universe" to the series, I know with Pokémon, it's a bit of give and take; the first movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back) possibly was set in the series "universe", given that Mewtwo Returns was a feature length episode in Japan, rather than a straight to video movie, however the seventh movie (Destiny Deoxys), appears to be set in an alternate "universe", as the episode "Deoxys Crisis" mentions the events similar to that of the seventh movie, and yet Ash, May, Brock and Max who were all present, don't say "I remember"!

Back to Digimon, another out of place point to make is, that it appears the chosen children are aware of the Digimon re-birth cycle, whereas although Wormmon is reborn (a bit later on), the 02 quartet still don't seem to get/know, when Demon and his forces attack, re-watching 02, that annoyed me a bit, I mean surely there wasn't need for all that angst, I mean surely the original eight chosen children should have told them that Digimon are reborn!

Unless we follow the argument of "because they were evil Digimon, they may not be reborn", because reading into it on Digimon wikia, it appears that evil Digimon can find themselves resigned to "hell", whereas in Frontier it appears they can be purified and reborn, unless that too, is a case-by-case, but I think Lucemon was also scanned at the end of the series, so I think that means everyone can be reborn! I'm now trying to remember about Belphemon, in Savers, was he "purified" too, I think he was, turned back into a Digitama, but can't remember!

Think it's only Tamers where "dead is for life", although apparently in one of the early episodes Ruki believes that Digimon have a re-birth cycle, though this may be a dub line! Trying to remember what happens in Xros Wars, I know certain Digimon are purified when the Code Crown is obtained, but don't know if everyone is "purified", such as Lilithmon, still, that's the series I'll be watching next, and I'm digressing!

A minor out of place point was in the fourth movie, in which Daisuke has borrowed Jun's phone, which has a phone charm of Yamato on, which is interesting given that Jun is over Yamato, when he saves Sora, that said, I think you mentioned to me at one point (possibly in the -tri- topic), that Jun still attends Yamato's concerts, so thinking about it, it's justifiable that she might still have a phone charm of him!

Also, maybe people made more of a deal over Vikemon because it was finally something more official outside of the Digimon Adventure RPG PSP game. Years ago Gomamon's Ultimate was debated on a lot as it was easy to figure out the other Adventure (01) kids' partners' Ultimate forms, but his was a tricky one. At the time, people seemed to debate over his Ultimate being either MarineAngemon or Plesiomon (sp?). Palmon's confirmed mega back then was still Rosemon, even though she had never made any real appearance in the dramas or any other part of the franchise. Years ago, I wrote a fic that took place two years after 02 ended (so in 2004). For it, I wanted to include another Ultimate/Mega for a couple of the other kids and didn't want to use Takeru or Hikari and of course no Yamato or Taichi, so I settled on HerculesKabuterimon and Rosemon. I also used an alternate evo for Hawkmon and Miyako had the Digimental of Knowledge for him, and also had alt evos for Daisuke/V-mon, Ken/Wormmon, Iori/Armadimon...but never mind all that. Some commenters asked why I didn't use Gomamon's mega and I pretty much said, it was because it was debated on too much on what his official mega form was, so I didn't want to bother with it to upset readers.

Sorry to clarify, what I meant regarding my comment of "people commented" was "in movie", should have said "characters"! Basically what I meant was that all the characters commented how Vikemon was a new evolution, but when Mimi evolved Lilymon to Rosemon, there weren't the same sort of comments, meaning it can either be read as the characters not needing to say "wow, new evolution", or that it's a subtitle reference to the fact it's happened before, rather than referencing it out right, and people wondering "when did that happen before?"

I remember that "indecision" about Zudomon's next evolution! When I was on Digimon wikia, I found out that Vikemon has been used as Armadimon's ultimate as well in one of the games, which I find interesting, as if they were to have the 02 quartet evolving to ultimate, that would mean that Armadimon, theoretically would get different ultimate (unless they stick with jogress for the 02 quartet)!

Anywho, I didn't think about the order much until you pointed it out. Jou was the first to find his crest (after Taichi), then Mimi, if I recall right, then Yamato and Koushirou found their crests at the same time, then Takeru, Sora, and Hikari. It also would be interesting if they do bring up the Dark Digital World stuff again, given the e-mail Koushirou received. I'm all for it.

It helps if you're blitzing through Adventure just after watching -tri-, because I thought surely the first new ultimates would be for Sora and Koushiro, then I realised the order in which the crests were obtained in! Yeah the order you recall, is correct! Still, if they do follow the crest order, for Takeru to not be the last to receive a new evolution, would the world be able to cope ;)? Although as mentioned, if the third movie is classed as canon, then he and Hikari have already received ultimates!

True, I didn't think of the e-mail, and as I said, would address a storyline not followed up, which is a no-no in story writing 101, I would think :D! They could even revive Demon's storyline (who got sent to the Dark World), I mean he just popped up in 02, making demands, and then got sent away!

That said, given how Vamdemon has trolled the chosen children in the series, and Diaboromon has trolled them in the movies, perhaps one of those will be the main villain of -tri-, or given that -tri- was to be a series, and now is a movie, perhaps it will be a jogress of Vamdemon and Diaboromon @_@! Unless Himekawa is the main villain :D!

[spoiler=Other thoughts on Adventure and 02]Since my last re-watch of Adventure and 02, I seem to have all these problems with these two series, in that it almost feels like they've written the events, and then when they've been breaking them up into episodes, decided they didn't have enough story to fill the total episodes alloted (54 for Adventure, and 50 for 02)!

As I've mentioned, it seems I'd almost completely forgot about the plot of Adventure after episode 39, you can argue that given the time difference between the Digital and Real Worlds at that point, and the absence of Vamdemon, it goes without saying that "someone" would step in to fill the void, however apparently the Dark Masters "pre-date" Vamdemon, so what were they doing during Vamdemon's "reign", and unless this is dub canon, the Dark Masters work for Apocalymon!

With 02, I forgot about Demon and his minions, as with the Dark Masters, I almost feel like they might have been to fill a space that they didn't expect to have! Also, when the chosen children are travelling the Real World, unless the Dark Towers aren't active (however in some instances, they appear to be), Digimon seem to be able to evolve to Adult!

I find it interesting that Miyako calls Mimi (occasionally), Mimi-oneesama, given that they are relatively the same age, difference of a year, however looks like they're in different years at school, unless that's just based on US and Japanese school systems, given how Micchan and Tako (Mimi's friends from Adventure), are in Miyako's class! Still, I guess honorfic can be used in various ways, so fact that they're similar ages is irrelevant!

Watching the third movie I noticed that Hikari and Takeru appear to have two summer outfits, one of which is based on their winter outfits, Hikari's removes her fingerless gloves, whilst Takeru's is a short sleeve top, instead of a long sleeve top! As mentioned, the pattern reminded me of the top Sora wears in the first movie, but looking at her top in that movie, it seems the pattern is slightly different, same/similar colours though!

[spoiler=Other thoughts on the Epilogue]I know you mentioned how a couple of the earlier comments by members are fan fiction/theory, just thought I'd weigh in, now after watching the Epilogue, again:

• Hikari and Takeru - I see no evidence supporting the idea they are/were married, I mean surely if you were married, you'd have stood next to each other during that wideshot (of the original eight and 02 quartet) at the end of the episode;
  • Sora and Yamato - I see no evidence supporting the idea that they are/were divorced, I mean they're standing next to each other through most/all of the epilogue, have to wonder if the theory of divorce was based on the idea Yamato comes from a "broken" home, the argument for the effects of such a thing can be "positive" and "negative";
  • Mimi and Michael - as you mentioned, it was fan fiction/theory, and when watching the epilogue, it did appear there was no mention of Michael by name!

I actually thought that Hiroaki and Natsuko might have gotten back together, but looks like that was me remembering things wrong! Seems you were right about Koushiro working with both Shuu and Haruhiko Takenouchi in the Epilogue, might have been I watched the series a little slower last time, or just didn't remember, but this time, I did see Sora's father!

Feels like there's something I've forgotten, but oh well, written quite a bit anyway, writing too much would be overkill :D!

EDIT: Remembered what I've forgotten now, added to appropriate section!

Edited by Guest

True, the movies could always be set in a different "universe" to the series, I know with Pokémon, it's a bit of give and take; the first movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back) possibly was set in the series "universe", given that Mewtwo Returns was a feature length episode in Japan, rather than a straight to video movie, however the seventh movie (Destiny Deoxys), appears to be set in an alternate "universe", as the episode "Deoxys Crisis" mentions the events similar to that of the seventh movie, and yet Ash, May, Brock and Max who were all present, don't say "I remember"!
To my knowledge, I think it (movie 1) was supposed to have been within the universe of the series. It was highlighting Mewtwo and everyone's memories were wiped.
Back to Digimon, another out of place point to make is, that it appears the chosen children are aware of the Digimon re-birth cycle, whereas although Wormmon is reborn (a bit later on), the 02 quartet still don't seem to get/know, when Demon and his forces attack, re-watching 02, that annoyed me a bit, I mean surely there wasn't need for all that angst, I mean surely the original eight chosen children should have told them that Digimon are reborn!
Actually, that wasn't it. The Adventure group was in a killed or be killed situation. They were in survival mode. The 02 kids could go home practically anytime and restrategize. Also, up to a point, the 02 set of kids never had to kill anything. In the beginning, they were destroying the towers, rings, and spirals. The other Digimon they dealt with were control spire Digimon, so they weren't real to begin with.

I could understand why they had reservations doing so because they'd never been responsible for a death before. With the Adventure kids, there was so much going on, they didn't have time to think about it from a moral perspective...except probably Mimi.

Iori having qualms with killing didn't surprise me at all. He generally saw things in black and white and didn't venture to the grey area much, hence his coldness towards Ken and the junk with Oikawa. Killing = wrong period from his perspective/Once bad = always bad. Iori's father was killed by "bad guys", despite his nobly protecting a government official, so I can understand why he was the most stubborn. Killing would put him on the same level as the criminal who murdered his father.

I don't think the rebirth thing played into it...committing the act itself seemed to be what they had a problem with.

Anywho, the only thing that bothered me was Takeru and Hikari. They could've given the kids a bit of reassurance or explain what they experienced during their first adventure.

Unless we follow the argument of "because they were evil Digimon, they may not be reborn", because reading into it on Digimon wikia, it appears that evil Digimon can find themselves resigned to "hell", whereas in Frontier it appears they can be purified and reborn, unless that too, is a case-by-case, but I think Lucemon was also scanned at the end of the series, so I think that means everyone can be reborn! I'm now trying to remember about Belphemon, in Savers, was he "purified" too, I think he was, turned back into a Digitama, but can't remember!
I thought all can be reborn as long as the data had a place to return to, hence why those like Gotsumon, Pumpmon, and Wizarmon weren't reborn for Adventure.
A minor out of place point was in the fourth movie, in which Daisuke has borrowed Jun's phone, which has a phone charm of Yamato on, which is interesting given that Jun is over Yamato, when he saves Sora, that said, I think you mentioned to me at one point (possibly in the -tri- topic), that Jun still attends Yamato's concerts, so thinking about it, it's justifiable that she might still have a phone charm of him!
Yup, she still attends the concerts as she seems to actually be a fan of the music.
Sorry to clarify, what I meant regarding my comment of "people commented" was "in movie", should have said "characters"! Basically what I meant was that all the characters commented how Vikemon was a new evolution, but when Mimi evolved Lilymon to Rosemon, there weren't the same sort of comments, meaning it can either be read as the characters not needing to say "wow, new evolution", or that it's a subtitle reference to the fact it's happened before, rather than referencing it out right, and people wondering "when did that happen before?"[/quoteAh, I see what you mean. That's possible.

I remember that "indecision" about Zudomon's next evolution! When I was on Digimon wikia, I found out that Vikemon has been used as Armadimon's ultimate as well in one of the games, which I find interesting, as if they were to have the 02 quartet evolving to ultimate, that would mean that Armadimon, theoretically would get different ultimate (unless they stick with jogress for the 02 quartet)!
There's a path where Armadimon can evolve to MegaSeadramon and to whatever after that. lol. There are so many alt paths. I would still love to see Dinobeemon someday.
It helps if you're blitzing through Adventure just after watching -tri-, because I thought surely the first new ultimates would be for Sora and Koushiro, then I realised the order in which the crests were obtained in! Yeah the order you recall, is correct! Still, if they do follow the crest order, for Takeru to not be the last to receive a new evolution, would the world be able to cope ? Although as mentioned, if the third movie is classed as canon, then he and Hikari have already received ultimates!
I'm sure we will all be able to cope. :-). Movie 3 still doesn't seem to be canon since it was a promo movie originally.
True, I didn't think of the e-mail, and as I said, would address a storyline not followed up, which is a no-no in story writing 101, I would think ! They could even revive Demon's storyline (who got sent to the Dark World), I mean he just popped up in 02, making demands, and then got sent away!
PLEASE TRI!! Demon!! Ironically for my terribly written fic, he was the villain I used. He escaped the Dark World.
That said, given how Vamdemon has trolled the chosen children in the series, and Diaboromon has trolled them in the movies, perhaps one of those will be the main villain of -tri-, or given that -tri- was to be a series, and now is a movie, perhaps it will be a jogress of Vamdemon and Diaboromon ! Unless Himekawa is the main villain !
"Himekawa shinka...Villainmon!" :-P

[spoiler="Other thoughts on Adventure and 02]Since my last re-watch of Adventure and 02, I seem to have all these problems with these two series, in that it almost feels like they've written the events, and then when they've been breaking them up into episodes, decided they didn't have enough story to fill the total episodes alloted (54 for Adventure, and 50 for 02)!

I think Adventure ended up going over by two episodes, which was why 02 was only 50 eps.

As I've mentioned, it seems I'd almost completely forgot about the plot of Adventure after episode 39, you can argue that given the time difference between the Digital and Real Worlds at that point, and the absence of Vamdemon, it goes without saying that "someone" would step in to fill the void, however apparently the Dark Masters "pre-date" Vamdemon, so what were they doing during Vamdemon's "reign", and unless this is dub canon, the Dark Masters work for Apocalymon!

I can't remember, but I think Apocalymon was responsible for the Dark Masters' creations.

With 02, I forgot about Demon and his minions, as with the Dark Masters, I almost feel like they might have been to fill a space that they didn't expect to have! Also, when the chosen children are travelling the Real World, unless the Dark Towers aren't active (however in some instances, they appear to be), Digimon seem to be able to evolve to Adult!

I found Demon interesting because he seemed to act on his own, which was why I was bummed that he didn't return and when finding out about Tri started to cross my fingers for him to be used again.

I find it interesting that Miyako calls Mimi (occasionally), Mimi-oneesama, given that they are relatively the same age, difference of a year, however looks like they're in different years at school, unless that's just based on US and Japanese school systems, given how Micchan and Tako (Mimi's friends from Adventure), are in Miyako's class! Still, I guess honorfic can be used in various ways, so fact that they're similar ages is irrelevant!

[/Quote]Miyako has a lot of respect for her and Mimi is older. She probably used -san when first meeting her.

Also, Mi and Tako are in Miyako's class? Sure about that? I don't remember.

[spoiler=Other thoughts on the Epilogue]Hikari and Takeru - I see no evidence supporting the idea they are/were married, I mean surely if you were married, you'd have stood next to each other during that wideshot (of the original eight and 02 quartet) at the end of the episode;

Maybe. :-P

Sora and Yamato - I see no evidence supporting the idea that they are/were divorced, I mean they're standing next to each other through most/all of the epilogue, have to wonder if the theory of divorce was based on the idea Yamato comes from a "broken" home, the argument for the effects of such a thing can be "positive" and "negative";

[/Quote]I think people just expected them to look more family like, like Ken and Miyako. Well, for that pair anyway, I don't feel it needed to be explicitly stated since we knew they were already a couple. Also, for those two, it panned from Sora to Yamato, unlike the others.

Mimi and Michael - as you mentioned, it was fan fiction/theory, and when watching the epilogue, it did appear there was no mention of Michael by name!

Yeah, he was already known. They could've mentioned him if he was indeed married to her...but I will say this silliness...Koushirou and Mimi with their kids loomed very family like. :-P

I actually thought that Hiroaki and Natsuko might have gotten back together, but looks like that was me remembering things wrong! Seems you were right about Koushiro working with both Shuu and Haruhiko Takenouchi in the Epilogue, might have been I watched the series a little slower last time, or just didn't remember, but this time, I did see Sora's father!

I'm surprised I remembered that. lol

To my knowledge, I think it (movie 1) was supposed to have been within the universe of the series. It was highlighting Mewtwo and everyone's memories were wiped.

Yeah, I believe it was "in universe", I mean it is definitely "in universe" in Japan, as a follow up special (Mewtwo Returns) screened as a feature length episode, but in the west, it was released as a straight to video movie, so the movie could be classed as part of a seperate universe, but the mind wipe is possibly a hint that that the movie was in the same universe, just that Pokémon didn't know that it was going to be the start of a line of movies, as well as a long running series, actually depending on when the movie was made, the idea of continuing after the first series, may not have entered in their minds yet!

I think movie 10 is even canon, looking at Bulbapedia, it seems I'm right, but not for that I was thinking, although it doesn't disprove my reason, just doesn't mention it... unless I'm thinking of the flashbacks from movies 11 and 12 (that formed a movie trilogy with movie 10)! Apparently according to Bulbapedia, all movies are canon (except for one of the versions to movie 14, as they're the same movie, just with different "events"), not sure I really believe that!

Actually, that wasn't it. The Adventure group was in a killed or be killed situation. They were in survival mode. The 02 kids could go home practically anytime and restrategize. Also, up to a point, the 02 set of kids never had to kill anything. In the beginning, they were destroying the towers, rings, and spirals. The other Digimon they dealt with were control spire Digimon, so they weren't real to begin with.

I could understand why they had reservations doing so because they'd never been responsible for a death before. With the Adventure kids, there was so much going on, they didn't have time to think about it from a moral perspective...except probably Mimi.

I don't think the rebirth thing played into it...committing the act itself seemed to be what they had a problem with.

Anywho, the only thing that bothered me was Takeru and Hikari. They could've given the kids a bit of reassurance or explain what they experienced during their first adventure.

That's quite true, I can see your point, about survival, maybe I'm being too hard on them! Technically you could argue that the re-born Digimon will not be quite the same as they were before, a point Angemon makes, and again (in seperate canon) is made in Savers regarding Agumon!

Similarly I find it crazy how they set up a "pre-established" Digimon partner in Re-Digitise for the protagonist, only for that partner to die because you've not completed the game by the end of its life cycle! Unless that just hints that I was playing the game too slowly!

My opinion as to why re-birth might have played into it, was because the re-births as Digitama all happened before/around the first kills, in that they saw that a Digimon will be re-born after death: Angemon returned to a Digitama after defeating Devimon - technically the first kill was Bakemon, I think, but I meant as a group; Wormmon returned to a Digitama some time after the defeat of Chimeramon - although as he was an artifical Digimon did he count, or the fact that the chosen children didn't perform the "kill"?

However, my knowledge of Frontier could be influencing my opinion, in that you're purifying evil, by returning them to a Digitama; returning them to their "natural" state! True, it could be argued that a "group" first kill, or that you didn't partake in the first kill, could make you apprehensive, when you are required to take your "first" kill!

True, in the episode of Odaiba Memorial, the original eight talk about their adventure in the Digital World, but doesn't seem to come up, although, given that there hasn't been a need for "killing", perhaps they didn't see a need to bring it up! Hikari does mention to Taichi that the 02 quartet will come up against this connundrum, but can't remember where exactly this features, in relation to Odaiba Memorial, and Demon and his "minions"!

I thought all can be reborn as long as the data had a place to return to, hence why those like Gotsumon, Pumpmon, and Wizarmon weren't reborn for Adventure.

That's what I read from the article, I could have misread! Basically I think it's a case of evil Digimon go to "hell", although if they're able to let go of what makes them "evil", then they can be purified, and reborn! I didn't think about Gotsumon and Pumpmon not being reborn!

There's a path where Armadimon can evolve to MegaSeadramon and to whatever after that. lol. There are so many alt paths. I would still love to see Dinobeemon someday.

Quite true, I do sometimes wonder if the anime should take on these alternate paths, I mean do partner Digimon need to evolve into the same Digimon?

I know that there has been some differences in evolution (in the same canons); Greymon to SkullGreymon, Tailmon to Angewomon, Nefertimon and Silphymon (with Aquilamon), 02 evolutions, Angewomon to MagnaDramon and Orphanimon, Growmon to MegaDramon (or whatever it was), and Frontier with Human and Beast spirits!

Still, would it be better for it? Yeah, I'd quite like to see Dinobeemon too!

"Himekawa shinka...Villainmon!" :-P

Hahaha, I can see that, although I would have said Villainessmon ;), however D'Arcmon was really Mumuxmon in disguise (Frontier movie), so "male" Digimon masquerading as a "female" Digimon has happened before! Think it might have happened other times too, but don't know!

When I read your comment, the first Digimon that came to mind was Rosemon (an evil Rosemon), however given we already have a Rosemon for Adventure, couldn't be Rosemon, Lotusmon perhaps; she kinda featured with Nanami bio-evolving into BioLotusmon (in Savers), but would be the first time Lotusmon actually features!

Actually, first Digimon to spring to mind, after thinking about how Rosemon already features, was Lilithmon, probably more appropriate than other choices, plus in one of the Digimon card games, she features on a card along side Alphamon!

Managed to see Himekawa's smirk this time, was in a different place to where I thought, was at the split screen bit, rather than the walking away bit! Yeah, could mean she's evil, but also could be that she has come to a closer understanding as to events of -tri-, why Meicoomon was being targeted, etc.!

I mean in the first Tamers movie, in my opinion, Renamon has a bit of an evil laugh moment, but nothing happens after that, it could have been I misinterpreted it, or was an "after effect" of absorbing the "strange" Pteramon's data!

Didn't realise until this last re-watch of the Tamers movie, that the Omegamon featured, may be Adventure's Omegamon!! It's interesting I bring up the first Tamers movie, as like -tri-, it too has a Digimon nicknamed "Mei", kinda, not quite :D!

Miyako has a lot of respect for her and Mimi is older. She probably used -san when first meeting her.

Also, Mi and Tako are in Miyako's class? Sure about that? I don't remember.

True, it's just when people are similar ages, I believe the rules of honorfics can blur, although even when ages aren't similar, the rules can somtimes be blurry, as someone could be referred to as "older", even if they're "younger" as a sign of politeness, respect, experience, etc.!

Well Digimon wikia refer to Micchan and Tako as being Miyako's classmates, might not be 100% true, however they are on the Kyoto trip with her, and appear to know her! It's possible that they're in different years, in that Kyoto is a combined year trip, but I believe Miyako is in year 6 at school, and I'm guessing that's the final year at their school!

However as I said, does seem strange, given that they were Mimi's friends in Adventure, unless either Mimi was in the year above, or, nope Mimi would have to be in the year above, given that Koushiro is in the year above too!

I think people just expected them to look more family like, like Ken and Miyako. Well, for that pair anyway, I don't feel it needed to be explicitly stated since we knew they were already a couple. Also, for those two, it panned from Sora to Yamato, unlike the others.

It could just be the difference between the two couples, both Sora and Yamato may not be outwardly affectionate people by the epilogue; Sora and Yamato may have taken after their parents, in that Sora may be quite reserved, similar to how her mother was, and depending on what Yamato's father's love life might have been like, Yamato might not register a need to be overly affectionate!

Still, there's also the argument that everyone's their own person, so Sora and Yamato of the epilogue may not have been shaped majorly by their parents! Nature versus Nurture, and other things; could take this into a fandom debate!

Yeah, he was already known. They could've mentioned him if he was indeed married to her...but I will say this silliness...Koushirou and Mimi with their kids loomed very family like. :-P

Bit confused what you mean here, well the last bit, for silliness :D! My mind jokingly thought, did you mean-Koushiro "Do it for papa, my daughter, network with Mimi's son, so I can get closer to Mimi-san!"-?

I'm guessing you mean, how close Koushiro and Mimi were with their own children?

EDIT:

Re-watching the epilogue, I can see what you mean about Koushiro, Mimi and their children looking like a family in the first wide shot, given how close they're standing together!

I can also see the "merit" for the divorce argument regarding Sora and Yamato, it was interesting to note that in the first wide shot, Sora is standing closer to Jou, whilst Yamato is standing closer to Taichi; obviously patched things up since -tri- ;)!

Edited by Guest

That's quite true, I can see your point, about survival, maybe I'm being too hard on them! Technically you could argue that the re-born Digimon will not be quite the same as they were before, a point Angemon makes, and again (in seperate canon) is made in Savers regarding Agumon!
Surprisingly, even though I liked Savers ok, I don't recall much about it...but yeah. I truly felt that the Adventure kids were in danger so much and so often that they didn't really have time to think about the moral side to their killing other Digimon because of the situation they were forced into. It's like someone being stranded on an island filled with people who want to kill them for whatever the reason or on an island filled with animals that could possibly kill them. The person would do what they must in order to survive it. The 02 kids never had to worry about that since it was easy for them to escape back to their safe homes.
My opinion as to why re-birth might have played into it, was because the re-births as Digitama all happened before/around the first kills, in that they saw that a Digimon will be re-born after death: Angemon returned to a Digitama after defeating Devimon - technically the first kill was Bakemon, I think, but I meant as a group; Wormmon returned to a Digitama some time after the defeat of Chimeramon - although as he was an artifical Digimon did he count, or the fact that the chosen children didn't perform the "kill"?
Probably a combination. They didn't really kill it and Ken did pretty much announce that he'd created it. It was an empty shell. Still, even up to that point, the 02 kids still hadn't been responsible for any actual deaths or did any actual killing. So yeah, makes sense why they were hesitant and partially freaked over it since they had the time to actually think about it since they could just easily run away and go back home.

However, my knowledge of Frontier could be influencing my opinion, in that you're purifying evil, by returning them to a Digitama; returning them to their "natural" state! True, it could be argued that a "group" first kill, or that you didn't partake in the first kill, could make you apprehensive, when you are required to take your "first" kill!

Yeah. I'm a chicken when it comes to killing things. I can't even swat a fly without feeling bad. I just try to shoo it out the window.
True, in the episode of Odaiba Memorial, the original eight talk about their adventure in the Digital World, but doesn't seem to come up, although, given that there hasn't been a need for "killing", perhaps they didn't see a need to bring it up! Hikari does mention to Taichi that the 02 quartet will come up against this connundrum, but can't remember where exactly this features, in relation to Odaiba Memorial, and Demon and his "minions"!
Wow, I don't remember it either.
That's what I read from the article, I could have misread! Basically I think it's a case of evil Digimon go to "hell", although if they're able to let go of what makes them "evil", then they can be purified, and reborn! I didn't think about Gotsumon and Pumpmon not being reborn!
That would be interesting. A Digi-heaven and Digi-hell. lol As for poor Gotsumon and Pumpmon...yeah, they were killed in Shibuya someplace. No place for their data to go, unlike Vamdemon who ended up possessing Oikawa or whatever.

Quite true, I do sometimes wonder if the anime should take on these alternate paths, I mean do partner Digimon need to evolve into the same Digimon?

I want Dinobeemon so badly! I had a theory, though....

XV-mon + Stingmon > Paildramon

Stingmon + XV-mon > Dinobeemon

The path with jogress evolutions depends on which has the stronger or more dominant data. I pretty much felt that the paths chosen for the jogress partners was to represent the newer Chosen Child (Daisuke, Miyako, Iori) as opposed to the veterans (Ken, Hikari, Takeru).

For the evo sequences XV-mon, Ankylomon, and Aquilamon were first...so that's why I feel that's why we got Paildramon, for example, as opposed to Dinobeemon.

Hahaha, I can see that, although I would have said Villainessmon ;), however D'Arcmon was really Mumuxmon in disguise (Frontier movie), so "male" Digimon masquerading as a "female" Digimon has happened before! Think it might have happened other times too, but don't know!

When I read your comment, the first Digimon that came to mind was Rosemon (an evil Rosemon), however given we already have a Rosemon for Adventure, couldn't be Rosemon, Lotusmon perhaps; she kinda featured with Nanami bio-evolving into BioLotusmon (in Savers), but would be the first time Lotusmon actually features!

Actually, first Digimon to spring to mind, after thinking about how Rosemon already features, was Lilithmon, probably more appropriate than other choices, plus in one of the Digimon card games, she features on a card along side Alphamon!

Interesting. Still would be nice to see some of these alt paths.
Managed to see Himekawa's smirk this time, was in a different place to where I thought, was at the split screen bit, rather than the walking away bit! Yeah, could mean she's evil, but also could be that she has come to a closer understanding as to events of -tri-, why Meicoomon was being targeted, etc.!
Yeah, that's also a possibility. She could've realized something and why Meikomon was a threat. It makes sense....but for now, I just want her to be evil. lol
I mean in the first Tamers movie, in my opinion, Renamon has a bit of an evil laugh moment, but nothing happens after that, it could have been I misinterpreted it, or was an "after effect" of absorbing the "strange" Pteramon's data!
But Renamon was already established as being a good guy. I could see it being a fake out if it was the other way around.
True, it's just when people are similar ages, I believe the rules of honorfics can blur, although even when ages aren't similar, the rules can somtimes be blurry, as someone could be referred to as "older", even if they're "younger" as a sign of politeness, respect, experience, etc.!
To quote Miyako, "Bingo!" ^_^
Well Digimon wikia refer to Micchan and Tako as being Miyako's classmates, might not be 100% true, however they are on the Kyoto trip with her, and appear to know her! It's possible that they're in different years, in that Kyoto is a combined year trip, but I believe Miyako is in year 6 at school, and I'm guessing that's the final year at their school!
Even if she was in year 6, the other two would be in year 1 of junior high school at that time. It could've just been a mistake, or the two girls just look similar to Mimi's two friends from Adventure (like all of the Yamachas and Bulmas walking around in the Dragon Ball universe). Going by the novel, Mimi's two friends knew Koushirou and laughed at him for having his laptop (Mimi didn't) when first arriving at the campgrounds. They were all in the same class according to that. Students don't fail in Japanese schools. You move up regardless of how crappy a student you are for elementary and junior high. High school may be a bit different and to be honest, I'm still not fully sure regarding high schools here, even though I have worked in one before.
It could just be the difference between the two couples, both Sora and Yamato may not be outwardly affectionate people by the epilogue; Sora and Yamato may have taken after their parents, in that Sora may be quite reserved, similar to how her mother was, and depending on what Yamato's father's love life might have been like, Yamato might not register a need to be overly affectionate!
But that's Japan in general. PDA isn't really a thing here...'cept for maybe hand-holding and usually with young couples, not older couples. What I meant though, was that since in the show's canon, it was established that they were already a couple and becoming close (like the scene in one of the eps where Yamato had his arm around Sora's shoulder, which would seem straight up weird unless it was your significant other if you're opposite gender) there was no need to explicitly say it again, I guess.
Still, there's also the argument that everyone's their own person, so Sora and Yamato of the epilogue may not have been shaped majorly by their parents! Nature versus Nurture, and other things; could take this into a fandom debate!
You know, for my headcanon, I view Yamato as the type that would take relationships very seriously and not become like his father or in a divorce situation. Maybe it helps that both were already friends prior to their dating. They'd known each other for a few years prior to getting together.
Bit confused what you mean here, well the last bit, for silliness :D! My mind jokingly thought, did you mean-Koushiro "Do it for papa, my daughter, network with Mimi's son, so I can get closer to Mimi-san!"-?

I'm guessing you mean, how close Koushiro and Mimi were with their own children?

Yeah, pretty much this. They looked like a family for that shot. I was just joking and saying if people can say something as silly and convoluted as Takeru coming to the gathering to meet up with his wife, "Hikari" then I can jokingly say that Koushirou and Mimi are actually married with two kids. :-P
EDIT:

Re-watching the epilogue, I can see what you mean about Koushiro, Mimi and their children looking like a family in the first wide shot, given how close they're standing together!

Yeah. They do look family like. I know it didn't happen, but it's still fun to joke about.
I can also see the "merit" for the divorce argument regarding Sora and Yamato, it was interesting to note that in the first wide shot, Sora is standing closer to Jou, whilst Yamato is standing closer to Taichi; obviously patched things up since -tri- ;)!
Yep, and Yamato hooked up with Taichi. :P So that's what some probably would want to say. :P

Edit: Okay, just found out more about Japanese high schools. I just asked my friend. So...yeah, it's difficult to fail in Japan at school. The most challenging thing is getting into high school since you have to take entrance exams. For the most part, you only fail if you don't show up or miss too much time. Even if you go everyday and are a cruddy student, you can still manage to graduate.

The only exceptions are probably the type of schools Jou goes to. Private schools of that nature where grades do matter.

Edited by Guest

My favorite(s) from Season 2 (the English dub) are Ken and his partner Wormmon, and, oh, yeah, funny Davis.

From what I can still remember of the dub, Wormmon's voice matched quite well, and it's a different choice to the direction that the original version went with; a very cute voice! If I'm right, Ken is voiced by Derek Stephenson Prince, and I found it amusing that, he voices a similarly looking character in Bleach, and in some instances (dark spore), similar attitude!

Surprisingly, even though I liked Savers ok, I don't recall much about it...but yeah. I truly felt that the Adventure kids were in danger so much and so often that they didn't really have time to think about the moral side to their killing other Digimon because of the situation they were forced into. It's like someone being stranded on an island filled with people who want to kill them for whatever the reason or on an island filled with animals that could possibly kill them. The person would do what they must in order to survive it. The 02 kids never had to worry about that since it was easy for them to escape back to their safe homes.

I'd say that you need to remedy that with a re-watch of Savers then ;)! Yeah, you're probably right, I was looking at this too coldly! I was at one point going to argue that the original children may have not considered the moral side of killing due to the "game" theory, but that was only something brought up later, during the Etemon arc (in which Taichi is wreckless, because he believes his main body is safe elsewhere)!

Yeah. I'm a chicken when it comes to killing things. I can't even swat a fly without feeling bad. I just try to shoo it out the window.

What you should say, is that you're compassionate... or God fearing :D! You could say I'm chicken too, I'm so "against" killing, I'm vegetarian, although if I did ever go to Japan, I might put my vegetarianism aside, just for the duration of the trip, I mean I have to experience Takoyaki at least!

I became vegetarian as I decided I didn't want to eat something killed for "my" benefit, obviously it wasn't killed for "me", it's not like I'm a rich kid, but basically if I ate it, it would be "like" it was killed for "my" benefit! That said, I'm also a hypocrite, because although I don't eat meat, I do still wear leather shoes!

Nearly went into all this further, but decided on the subject of politeness, probably best not to! In the example you gave, I try to do the same, herd flies and other insects out of a window!

If I was one of the chosen children, and found myself having to kill, either for survival (Adventure), or to protect the city (02), I don't know if I could do it, sure I have looked at it quite logically in my previous posts, but in actuality, would I still use logic? After all, some of this logic, is based on information I would not have to hand, such as knowledge from other universes (Frontier), and of the world!

Wow, I don't remember it either.

I think if someone had asked me about it before my re-watch, I wouldn't have remembered it either, it was Hikari and Takeru's "date" (1st August), which Daisuke got all upset about, and then got interrupted by the ghost of Wizarmon!

That would be interesting. A Digi-heaven and Digi-hell. lol As for poor Gotsumon and Pumpmon...yeah, they were killed in Shibuya someplace. No place for their data to go, unlike Vamdemon who ended up possessing Oikawa or whatever.

You'd think for every hell, there's a heaven, however there was no mention of it on Digimon wikia, although I think there's a heaven, might be mentioned on one of the cards, or something, plus Devimon and LadyDevimon had to fall from somewhere, else they can't be fallen angels ;)!

Just means that Shibuya is possessed; any strange events, will be Gotsumon and Pumpmon :D!

I want Dinobeemon so badly! I had a theory, though....

XV-mon + Stingmon > Paildramon

Stingmon + XV-mon > Dinobeemon

The path with jogress evolutions depends on which has the stronger or more dominant data. I pretty much felt that the paths chosen for the jogress partners was to represent the newer Chosen Child (Daisuke, Miyako, Iori) as opposed to the veterans (Ken, Hikari, Takeru).

For the evo sequences XV-mon, Ankylomon, and Aquilamon were first...so that's why I feel that's why we got Paildramon, for example, as opposed to Dinobeemon.Interesting. Still would be nice to see some of these alt paths.

Interesting idea, and I can see that being the case, as Dinobeemon does have "elements" of XV-mon to it! Looking at wikimon..., it appears that it is also a jogress of Stingmon and XV-mon! Given how ImperialDramon doesn't sport any Stingmon "colours", I think Dinobeemon's ultimate "should" be GranKuwagamon, with GrandisKuwagamon as an answer to ImperialDramon Fighter Mode!

I was looking at the evolutionary options for Dinobeemon (excluding ImperialDramon), and GranKuwagamon seemed to be the only one I was "happy" with, and I say "happy", because we're "entering" at the "end" of an evolutionary chain, so kinda doesn't feel 100% right, to me!

It seems that Stingmon and XV-mon are the only ones with alternate jogresses, or at least alternate jogresses within the group; I was just looking at the other partners! I have however, come up with some ideas of possible evolutions:

• Tailmon + Aquilamon > Hippogriffomon > D'Arcmon - Hippogriffomon has a similar colour scheme to Tailmon, four legged posture of a usual cat, and has wings and a beak, same as a bird, whilst D'Arcmon, is kinda cheating, because she's actually an adult Digimon, rather than Ultimate, but didn't like any evolutions from Hippogriffomon, D'Arcmon also plays against the more "male" Silphymon and Valkyrimon;
  • Ankylomon + Angemon > Shakkoumon > Shakamon - Shakamon again is kinda cheating, I couldn't find an acceptible evolution after Shakkoumon, in my opinion, however I stumbled across Shakamon through Angewomon, or Sanzomon, and thought "actually, not bad, and in my opinion, plausible!", it also appears Shakamon can evolve from HolyAngemon, so not that much of a stretch from the evolutionary jogress pool!

Valkyrimon is a good shout for Silphymon's ultimate (features in Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer), however it seems that an alternate evolution for Silphymon can be AncientIrismon, although that feels like a knife in the back, on account of JetSilphymon being absent in the anime! As for potential Angemon/Ankylomon possible evolutions, I couldn't find any I was happy with!

Now that I'm looking at alternate evolutions, I seem to be unable to stop, as I'm now thinking about non-jogress evolutions:

• XV-mon > Aero V-dramon > Ultra V-dramon - "only" option, and probably most used option, for XV-mon if not jogressing, also it seems no matter if XV-mon jogresses or not, he still ends up as being a Royal Knight;
  • Stingmon > Cannonbeemon > TigerVespamon - was either this, or Okuwamon > GranKuwagamon, and I decided to make that the jogress, and this the normal, especially as if picked Okuwamon line, Stingmon's orange hair would disappear, only to re-appear later;

• Aquilamon > Karatenmon > Ravmon - although Garudamon might make more sense, colour scheme, and also, Hawkmon was given one of Garudamon's feathers after all, Hawkmon has a samurai-like nature, even when he isn't Shurimon, so Karatenmon, and from there, Ravmon;
  • Ankylomon > Brachimon > UltimateBrachimon - only choice there was in my opinion, from the options, makes some sense, with the dinosaur theme, although not quite the same dinosaur as before, but then that's how Digimon work some times;
  • Angewomon > Junomon or Venusmon - have no problem with Angewomon to Orphanimon, but just thought these two evolutions were quite interesting, Junomon, because of the similarities of the outfits, and Venusmon, because she's the "clothing" extreme of Orphanimon (one is a very covered up evolution, whilst the other is a very undressed evolution)!

Yeah, that's also a possibility. She could've realized something and why Meikomon was a threat. It makes sense....but for now, I just want her to be evil. lol

Hehehe, well, would make a change, a human villain in Adventure/02, I mean, all the other villains have been Digimon!

But Renamon was already established as being a good guy. I could see it being a fake out if it was the other way around.

True, but if she was taken over by bad data, similar to Oikawa, she could be evil, temporarily, not sure how they'd cure her, unless, she "burned" the bad data out of her system, with a tough battle against the other partner Digimon!

To quote Miyako, "Bingo!" ^_^

The cultural differences are a bit hard to get your head around some times!

Even if she was in year 6, the other two would be in year 1 of junior high school at that time. It could've just been a mistake, or the two girls just look similar to Mimi's two friends from Adventure (like all of the Yamachas and Bulmas walking around in the Dragon Ball universe). Going by the novel, Mimi's two friends knew Koushirou and laughed at him for having his laptop (Mimi didn't) when first arriving at the campgrounds. They were all in the same class according to that. Students don't fail in Japanese schools. You move up regardless of how crappy a student you are for elementary and junior high. High school may be a bit different and to be honest, I'm still not fully sure regarding high schools here, even though I have worked in one before.

I do believe that Miyako does refer to one of them, or both of them by name, at one point in the episode! As you said, it could be a mistake that Micchan and Tako became Miyako's classmates, it could just be that the animators picked some "under used" character designs for the episode, similar to how Juri's friend Ayaka is featured in the animation to Biggest Dreamer as a "Tamer", but not in the series; it's possible that more of Juri's friends might be "Tamers", but Ayaka's the easiest to spot!

Schools work the same in the UK, or at least I think they do, I don't recall anyone being kept back, it was just an automatic progression, quite possibly even if you failed your SATS, although I guess you'd re-sit those, but they weren't really an entrance exam, I don't think!

But that's Japan in general. PDA isn't really a thing here...'cept for maybe hand-holding and usually with young couples, not older couples. What I meant though, was that since in the show's canon, it was established that they were already a couple and becoming close (like the scene in one of the eps where Yamato had his arm around Sora's shoulder, which would seem straight up weird unless it was your significant other if you're opposite gender) there was no need to explicitly say it again, I guess.

Quite true, MiyaKen doesn't feature as much in the series as SoraYama, so they needed to show more MiyaKen in the epilogue!

You know, for my headcanon, I view Yamato as the type that would take relationships very seriously and not become like his father or in a divorce situation. Maybe it helps that both were already friends prior to their dating. They'd known each other for a few years prior to getting together.

It's possible, you are shaped by your experiences, so Yamato might try to ensure his marriage does not end in a divorce! I actually wonder if Hiroaki and Natsuko get back together, I mean they seem to be on friendly terms, however, we know as of -tri-, they're not back together!

Yeah, pretty much this. They looked like a family for that shot. I was just joking and saying if people can say something as silly and convoluted as Takeru coming to the gathering to meet up with his wife, "Hikari" then I can jokingly say that Koushirou and Mimi are actually married with two kids. :-P

Yeah. They do look family like. I know it didn't happen, but it's still fun to joke about.Yep, and Yamato hooked up with Taichi. :P So that's what some probably would want to say. :P

If I was asked which of the two statements I'm more likely to believe is true, I'd have to say Mimi and Koushirou being a couple, is more likely than Hikari and Takeru! However, I know neither is true :D!

Edit: Okay, just found out more about Japanese high schools. I just asked my friend. So...yeah, it's difficult to fail in Japan at school. The most challenging thing is getting into high school since you have to take entrance exams. For the most part, you only fail if you don't show up or miss too much time. Even if you go everyday and are a cruddy student, you can still manage to graduate.

The only exceptions are probably the type of schools Jou goes to. Private schools of that nature where grades do matter.

Yeah, as mentioned, I believe it's the same in the UK, however I don't think we even really have entrance exams (unless it's a Private School), as I said, there are the SATS, but I think you can still get into -a- Secondary School if you fail them, although you might need to re-sit them first!

Some places, actually, like where I live, have the 11+ (as well as SATS), which could be described as an entrance exam, however I didn't take the 11+ myself, I went to school elsewhere!

SATS may possibly be entrance exams, or the second round of SATS at least, given that in some parts of the UK, we have Middle and "Upper" schools, although the Secondary School, I went to covered Years 7 - 11 (Years 1 - 6 were Primary, and Years 12 and 13 were Sixth Form)!

Edited by Guest

From what I can still remember of the dub, Wormmon's voice matched quite well, and it's a different choice to the direction that the original version went with; a very cute voice! If I'm right, Ken is voiced by Derek Stephenson Prince, and I found it amusing that, he voices a similarly looking character in Bleach, and in some instances (dark spore), similar attitude!
For me, personally, I loathed Wormmon's dub voice.
I'd say that you need to remedy that with a re-watch of Savers then ;)!
Someday I might, but I did sorta wish we would've gotten a sequel. I wasn't big on the main character, but I actually found his sister and Ikuto interesting characters.
Yeah, you're probably right, I was looking at this too coldly! I was at one point going to argue that the original children may have not considered the moral side of killing due to the "game" theory, but that was only something brought up later, during the Etemon arc (in which Taichi is wreckless, because he believes his main body is safe elsewhere)!
Yeah. That was an interesting part of the series. It was nice how realization set in and how he lost his courage but realized he had to get over it to save his friend.
What you should say, is that you're compassionate... or God fearing :D! You could say I'm chicken too, I'm so "against" killing,
I just hate killing things I guess. I mean, we built on their land, you know? They belong outside, so let's shoo them back out...but if I see a spider, nope nope nope nope! I have a terrible fear of them. I can't even kill one.

One time about three years ago, I took a trip to Tokyo from my place in Yamagata for a week. I cleaned up and stuff before I left, which included no dishes in the sink and stuff. After my week, I returned home, headed to the kitchen, a spider was in my sink. I freaked out. I was petrified. It took me a long time to deal with it. I even called my mother! That's how much of a wimp I am. What I did was put my vacuum hose into the sink, turned it on for like 20 minutes and didn't go near it, but kept an eye on it. After that, I vacuumed my floor and even soap powder to make sure it wouldn't crawl back out. Total freak out. ^^;

I'm vegetarian, although if I did ever go to Japan, I might put my vegetarianism aside, just for the duration of the trip, I mean I have to experience Takoyaki at least!
Well, if it helps any, takoyaki is more dough than octopus, imo.
I became vegetarian as I decided I didn't want to eat something killed for "my" benefit, obviously it wasn't killed for "me", it's not like I'm a rich kid, but basically if I ate it, it would be "like" it was killed for "my" benefit! That said, I'm also a hypocrite, because although I don't eat meat, I do still wear leather shoes!
I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian. I like the taste of meat too much. lol That aside, I'm also diabetic. A high protein and veggie diet works best for me since carbs like bread, rice, and pasta causes my blood sugar to shoot up unless it balances out with the other foods, like if I have a Japanese school lunch. Doing that myself is....tedious, so it's just easy to eat veggies and some kind of protein, whether it's fish, chicken, beef, etc. Usually I stick to fish or chicken, though.

For example, for this week, my dinners consisted of a salad and fish. Today, however, since it's Friday, I'm treating myself to....chili. lol I know, not really that interesting.

If I was one of the chosen children, and found myself having to kill, either for survival (Adventure), or to protect the city (02), I don't know if I could do it, sure I have looked at it quite logically in my previous posts, but in actuality, would I still use logic? After all, some of this logic, is based on information I would not have to hand, such as knowledge from other universes (Frontier), and of the world!
I guess we'd have to keep everything separate and to that particular series' universe.
I think if someone had asked me about it before my re-watch, I wouldn't have remembered it either, it was Hikari and Takeru's "date" (1st August), which Daisuke got all upset about, and then got interrupted by the ghost of Wizarmon!
That was pretty funny, Daisuke thinking the two had a date and then the look of confusion he had when they invited him along.

I now wonder if they'll reference that in Tri. Maybe the next film will take place during the summer or something or close to August 1 and they bring up the Wizarmon stuff.

You'd think for every hell, there's a heaven, however there was no mention of it on Digimon wikia, although I think there's a heaven, might be mentioned on one of the cards, or something, plus Devimon and LadyDevimon had to fall from somewhere, else they can't be fallen angels ;)!
Oh yeah, you're right. They are fallen angel types. Hm, I'm liking the sound of there being a Digi-heaven and a Digi-hell. They have Digi-gods, so why not, right?
Just means that Shibuya is possessed; any strange events, will be Gotsumon and Pumpmon :D!
Hey, I just realized something... The theater that I go to that actually air the Digimon films - it has a limited release here - is in Shibuya. I only go to that one because there's a bus that stops right in front of the theater, so it's pretty convenient. So Gotsumon and Pumpmon's spirits are watching the Digimon movies, rooting on Gabumon and Patamon.
Interesting idea, and I can see that being the case, as Dinobeemon does have "elements" of XV-mon to it! Looking at wikimon..., it appears that it is also a jogress of Stingmon and XV-mon! Given how ImperialDramon doesn't sport any Stingmon "colours", I think Dinobeemon's ultimate "should" be GranKuwagamon, with GrandisKuwagamon as an answer to ImperialDramon Fighter Mode!

I was looking at the evolutionary options for Dinobeemon (excluding ImperialDramon), and GranKuwagamon seemed to be the only one I was "happy" with, and I say "happy", because we're "entering" at the "end" of an evolutionary chain, so kinda doesn't feel 100% right, to me!

It seems that Stingmon and XV-mon are the only ones with alternate jogresses, or at least alternate jogresses within the group; I was just looking at the other partners! I have however, come up with some ideas of possible evolutions:

• Tailmon + Aquilamon > Hippogriffomon > D'Arcmon - Hippogriffomon has a similar colour scheme to Tailmon, four legged posture of a usual cat, and has wings and a beak, same as a bird, whilst D'Arcmon, is kinda cheating, because she's actually an adult Digimon, rather than Ultimate, but didn't like any evolutions from Hippogriffomon, D'Arcmon also plays against the more "male" Silphymon and Valkyrimon;
  • Ankylomon + Angemon > Shakkoumon > Shakamon - Shakamon again is kinda cheating, I couldn't find an acceptible evolution after Shakkoumon, in my opinion, however I stumbled across Shakamon through Angewomon, or Sanzomon, and thought "actually, not bad, and in my opinion, plausible!", it also appears Shakamon can evolve from HolyAngemon, so not that much of a stretch from the evolutionary jogress pool!

Valkyrimon is a good shout for Silphymon's ultimate (features in Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer), however it seems that an alternate evolution for Silphymon can be AncientIrismon, although that feels like a knife in the back, on account of JetSilphymon being absent in the anime! As for potential Angemon/Ankylomon possible evolutions, I couldn't find any I was happy with!

Now that I'm looking at alternate evolutions, I seem to be unable to stop, as I'm now thinking about non-jogress evolutions:

• XV-mon > Aero V-dramon > Ultra V-dramon - "only" option, and probably most used option, for XV-mon if not jogressing, also it seems no matter if XV-mon jogresses or not, he still ends up as being a Royal Knight;
  • Stingmon > Cannonbeemon > TigerVespamon - was either this, or Okuwamon > GranKuwagamon, and I decided to make that the jogress, and this the normal, especially as if picked Okuwamon line, Stingmon's orange hair would disappear, only to re-appear later;

• Aquilamon > Karatenmon > Ravmon - although Garudamon might make more sense, colour scheme, and also, Hawkmon was given one of Garudamon's feathers after all, Hawkmon has a samurai-like nature, even when he isn't Shurimon, so Karatenmon, and from there, Ravmon;
  • Ankylomon > Brachimon > UltimateBrachimon - only choice there was in my opinion, from the options, makes some sense, with the dinosaur theme, although not quite the same dinosaur as before, but then that's how Digimon work some times;
  • Angewomon > Junomon or Venusmon - have no problem with Angewomon to Orphanimon, but just thought these two evolutions were quite interesting, Junomon, because of the similarities of the outfits, and Venusmon, because she's the "clothing" extreme of Orphanimon (one is a very covered up evolution, whilst the other is a very undressed evolution)!

Hehehe, well, would make a change, a human villain in Adventure/02, I mean, all the other villains have been Digimon!

You know, all this talk about alt evos here has actually given me the urge to go back to that Digimon fic I mentioned that took place two years after Adventure 02's ending and rewriting that. I just redid the first chapter.
True, but if she was taken over by bad data, similar to Oikawa, she could be evil, temporarily, not sure how they'd cure her, unless, she "burned" the bad data out of her system, with a tough battle against the other partner Digimon!
In this way, I could see something like that working. It's plausible.
I do believe that Miyako does refer to one of them, or both of them by name, at one point in the episode! As you said, it could be a mistake that Micchan and Tako became Miyako's classmates, it could just be that the animators picked some "under used" character designs for the episode, similar to how Juri's friend Ayaka is featured in the animation to Biggest Dreamer as a "Tamer", but not in the series; it's possible that more of Juri's friends might be "Tamers", but Ayaka's the easiest to spot!
That wouldn't surprise me. It was probably just easier to do that. Also, maybe there was a chance of one of Juri's friends actually becoming a Tamer and the idea was dropped to have Shaochung/Shuichon become one instead as her silhouette was never in the first version of the intro, from what I recall.
Schools work the same in the UK, or at least I think they do, I don't recall anyone being kept back, it was just an automatic progression, quite possibly even if you failed your SATS, although I guess you'd re-sit those, but they weren't really an entrance exam, I don't think!
Well, US style we fail if we don't do our work or fail everything. For my school district, anything under 70% was considered a fail. If we failed like one of the important subjects like English, we'd have to retake it the next year or in summer school since that's something you have to take every year. It wasn't like some other subjects where if you didn't pass it, you had an extra year to try again....but then again, all schools are different and varies by state/city/county, etc. I mentioned how in my county, for high-school seniors, one time to some coworkers how if we had good attendance and good grades (and average of 85% or higher in said class) you can get exempt from taking that particular class' final exam. For me, I was exempt from all of my classes, except my math class (I had like an 84.9%) and US Government (I just really really sucked in this class ^^) Anyway, the others I was sharing this with didn't have that in their schools.

We also had SATs in high school of course, but taking that was optional, but recommended.

Quite true, MiyaKen doesn't feature as much in the series as SoraYama, so they needed to show more MiyaKen in the epilogue!
This pairing did actually surprise me. We knew that Miyako had a crush on Ken, but of course given their ages, we never could see anything from his side. I heard that they wanted a second pairing and chose those two because their seiyu were good friends.
It's possible, you are shaped by your experiences, so Yamato might try to ensure his marriage does not end in a divorce! I actually wonder if Hiroaki and Natsuko get back together, I mean they seem to be on friendly terms, however, we know as of -tri-, they're not back together!
That's something else I liked about Adventure/Adventure 02 or maybe I should say the Digimon series as a whole. The characters don't all come from traditional Japanese homes.

I'll use Takeru as an example. A while back, on the myanimelist forums, I went on about how I could understand why Takeru's fantasy at the end of 02 was to have his folks back together. One person argued that he thought it was stupid because Takeru was older and should've been used to it and gotten over that. I pointed out how untraditional Takeru's life was compared to the others around him.

02 Takeru was a latchkey kid. In the episode where Hikari was stranded in the Digital World, Daisuke even asked if it was okay for him to head back. Everyone else was doing things to get away with staying out later than usual, like how Yamato had to tell Daisuke's folks that he was going to be late and stuff. Takeru mentioned that his mother was going to be out late and that they didn't have to worry or think up something for him.

Also, later on in the series, it's pretty much implied that Takeru hangs out at Daisuke's place a lot. Natsuko met up with Daisuke's father, who was returning Takeru's notebook to her and she was thanking him for always having Takeru over.

Daisuke is part of a nuclear family, as is Miyako, Ken, and Hikari. I could see the desire to have a normal family burying itself in the back of his mind. Even then, I don't think Takeru's desire was necessarily to have his parents back together entirely, but to have a normal family setting in general since, in a way, he's never really had it.

If I was asked which of the two statements I'm more likely to believe is true, I'd have to say Mimi and Koushirou being a couple, is more likely than Hikari and Takeru! However, I know neither is true :D!
Nope and I don't mind it, personally...despite my love of the pairing.
Yeah, as mentioned, I believe it's the same in the UK, however I don't think we even really have entrance exams (unless it's a Private School), as I said, there are the SATS, but I think you can still get into -a- Secondary School if you fail them, although you might need to re-sit them first!
For where I grew up, public schools didn't have entrance exams or anything like that, but yeah, the private schools did. Edited by Guest

Internet lying to me there for a moment, saying no new posts!

For me, personally, I loathed Wormmon's dub voice.

Hahaha, it was different, I thought it suited him, however I do like the original voice! I don't think I could watch the dub anymore, all those changes!

Someday I might, but I did sorta wish we would've gotten a sequel. I wasn't big on the main character, but I actually found his sister and Ikuto interesting characters.

I almost feel like re-watching it now, to see if I feel it could have done with a sequel; I felt like it had a nice ending, that said, they could have gone the Tamers route, and made a movie in which the chosen children are reunited with their partner Digimon!

Hahaha, main character was Masaru, and sister was Chika! With Masaru leading, it was a very shounen series; FURU POWAA -full power-!! Surely "Naruto" (Junko Takeuchi) should have been in this one ;)! Think my favourite characters might have been Yoshino, Lalamon, Megumi, Miki and PawnChessmons!

Actually, I'm curious where they'd go if they followed the events from the non-canon/out of canon movie, in which Rhythm tells Agumon that she loves him!

Another thing I'm curious about, is if the chosen children were reunited with their partner Digimon, would Nanami, Ivan and Kouki receive partner Digimon, and become chosen children? It might not be an actual thing, but "villains" in Digimon series have become chosen children!

Yeah. That was an interesting part of the series. It was nice how realization set in and how he lost his courage but realized he had to get over it to save his friend.

Indeed, it even gets re-used in Xros Wars, the realisation that the Digital World is not a game!

I just hate killing things I guess. I mean, we built on their land, you know? They belong outside, so let's shoo them back out...but if I see a spider, nope nope nope nope! I have a terrible fear of them. I can't even kill one.

One time about three years ago, I took a trip to Tokyo from my place in Yamagata for a week. I cleaned up and stuff before I left, which included no dishes in the sink and stuff. After my week, I returned home, headed to the kitchen, a spider was in my sink. I freaked out. I was petrified. It took me a long time to deal with it. I even called my mother! That's how much of a wimp I am. What I did was put my vacuum hose into the sink, turned it on for like 20 minutes and didn't go near it, but kept an eye on it. After that, I vacuumed my floor and even soap powder to make sure it wouldn't crawl back out. Total freak out. ^^;

Reminded me of a comment Sarah Millican made on QI "I have a rule that if an insect comes into my house I can kill it, because it's my home, but not if it's outside because it's their home"!

That said, I think I heard that the spiders that lurk about the house, are apparently house spiders!

Goodness, I tend to ignore spiders, if I need to, and I mean, really need to, I will deal with them, but if I don't, then I just ignore them, although doesn't mean I don't check to see if they're lurking about anywhere new!

Well, if it helps any, takoyaki is more dough than octopus, imo.

Haha, ah right, think it's just one of the Japanese food things that jumps to mind, possibly because I might be one of those foods that hasn't made the leap overseas (I could be wrong)! There's Okonomiyaki too, think I've spelt that right, although that might have made the jump!

I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian. I like the taste of meat too much. lol That aside, I'm also diabetic. A high protein and veggie diet works best for me since carbs like bread, rice, and pasta causes my blood sugar to shoot up unless it balances out with the other foods, like if I have a Japanese school lunch. Doing that myself is....tedious, so it's just easy to eat veggies and some kind of protein, whether it's fish, chicken, beef, etc. Usually I stick to fish or chicken, though.

For example, for this week, my dinners consisted of a salad and fish. Today, however, since it's Friday, I'm treating myself to....chili. lol I know, not really that interesting.

Was just like a switch for me, think I liked the taste of meat; chicken, pork, wasn't too fussed on beef, but I gave it up like a flick of a switch! I sometimes miss the texture of meat, because nothing vegetarian has the same texture, well Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), Halloumi and Tofu can, sometimes, depends on how you cook it!

Ah right, I'm happy being ignorant, not gone to the doctors to find out if I'm diabetic, or anything! Each to their own, interestingly I also had chili today, however, I quite like a meat-free carvery as a treat, which could also be described as nothing interesting :D!

I guess we'd have to keep everything separate and to that particular series' universe.

Very true, to form a true opinion, you'd have to erase my memory of the other series, and "extra-canon" information! Or maybe just ask after a while, as I may have forgotten by then; was just watching Xros Wars, which I last watched probably not that long ago... wait *checks release date of Hunters, five years ago!?*, I stand corrected, some time ago, so it's a given I forgot a couple of things then!

That was pretty funny, Daisuke thinking the two had a date and then the look of confusion he had when they invited him along.

I now wonder if they'll reference that in Tri. Maybe the next film will take place during the summer or something or close to August 1 and they bring up the Wizarmon stuff.

He also misread it in Hikari's diary as eight over one :D! It's possible, I can see them doing it to reference the series, however would they just reference when Vamdemon searched for Hikari, and Wizarmon's death, or the later featured 1st August (in 02), when they're with three of the 02 quartet, and Wizarmon "returns"?

If they feature the later 1st August as well, but not mention the 02 quartet, we will know something's up!

Oh yeah, you're right. They are fallen angel types. Hm, I'm liking the sound of there being a Digi-heaven and a Digi-hell. They have Digi-gods, so why not, right?

True, I can understand how "Digi-hell" fits into things (although you could say that's because the internet told me how), not sure how "Digi-heaven" would fit into it, but then, perhaps I can!

I was thinking that given how the "Digi-Gods" are on the Digital World, is there a need, but I don't believe they're always on the Digital World, so perhaps there is a "Digi-heaven" that they return to, also, it's possible that when a chosen child passes on, a partner Digimon choose to "ascend" to "Digi-heaven"!

Bit of a morbid thought, but was just thinking of how "Digi-heaven" might work, given the re-birth cycle of Digimon! Still it might not be the case, as Oikawa's partner Digimon (Pipimon) didn't appear to make this choice, but their appearance was only a brief one!

Just remembered, Cho-Hakkaimon is also a fallen angel Digimon, well, she isn't classed as one, but she was originally an angel Digimon, but incurred the wrath of Orphanimon! Wow, bloody hell, she's voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi in Xros Wars, thought she sounded similar to Mervamon, wait, and Akari too!?

Hey, I just realized something... The theater that I go to that actually air the Digimon films - it has a limited release here - is in Shibuya. I only go to that one because there's a bus that stops right in front of the theater, so it's pretty convenient. So Gotsumon and Pumpmon's spirits are watching the Digimon movies, rooting on Gabumon and Patamon.

Gotsumon and Pumpmon are the key to Patamon's ultimate evolution ;)!

In this way, I could see something like that working. It's plausible.

Probably got it from somewhere, my mind's saying comics, but could be wrong, actually speaking of comics, I quite often when I think about how -tri- doesn't acknowledge the 02 quartet, I jokingly think that the Adventure universe got affected by DC's Flashpoint (a reboot of their products, with some changes)!

That wouldn't surprise me. It was probably just easier to do that. Also, maybe there was a chance of one of Juri's friends actually becoming a Tamer and the idea was dropped to have Shaochung/Shuichon become one instead as her silhouette was never in the first version of the intro, from what I recall.

Quite true, Shuichon and Kenta did not feature as silhouettes in the first version of the opening, so as you say, Ayaka might have been considered as possible later edition, along with Juri, as I said, same might have been true for her other friends, but wasn't as easy to identify them as silhouettes!

Thinking of the opening, I have to wonder if they had grander plans for Tamers originally, given all the silhouetted Tamers that featured, Adventure/02 had chosen children of the world, so was Tamers planning on doing the same?

If I think about it, this is not done in any of the other series openings:

• Adventure does not change its opening to account for Hikari and the Perfect evolutions;
  • 02 does change its opening, minor foreshadowing (Ken "in" the Kaiser's hair, and evolutions);
  • Frontier doesn't change its opening to account for Koichi and later evolutions;
  • Savers has multiple openings, and Going! Going! My Soul!! does feature silhouetting, but only of partner evolutions;
  • Xros Wars has multiple openings, but no real foreshadowing, I don't think, although given I've just watched it, I should know :D (that said, there's foreshadowing in the first episode - the future Xros Heart)!

On the subject of openings, although there were no amendments to Butterfly in Japan, the Americans did swap scenes in Butterfly, for Keep On, which I must say, worked quite well, in my opinion! I found it interesting that with Akai Shougeki, the Japanese amended the opening, whilst the Americans didn't, a reversal of the previous situation!

I also stand corrected, Hunters does feature many silhouetted "Hunters", whether (some of) these are the Legendary Hunters, is unsure, you can't really get a feel for who the silhouettes represent!

Well, US style we fail if we don't do our work or fail everything. For my school district, anything under 70% was considered a fail. If we failed like one of the important subjects like English, we'd have to retake it the next year or in summer school since that's something you have to take every year. It wasn't like some other subjects where if you didn't pass it, you had an extra year to try again....but then again, all schools are different and varies by state/city/county, etc. I mentioned how in my county, for high-school seniors, one time to some coworkers how if we had good attendance and good grades (and average of 85% or higher in said class) you can get exempt from taking that particular class' final exam. For me, I was exempt from all of my classes, except my math class (I had like an 84.9%) and US Government (I just really really sucked in this class ^^) Anyway, the others I was sharing this with didn't have that in their schools.

We also had SATs in high school of course, but taking that was optional, but recommended.

I don't think SATS was optional for us, so that might be why we have automatic progression in UK schools (as long as you can pass the re-sit)!

This pairing did actually surprise me. We knew that Miyako had a crush on Ken, but of course given their ages, we never could see anything from his side. I heard that they wanted a second pairing and chose those two because their seiyu were good friends.

That's interesting to know about how they made that decision, based on seiyu!

That's something else I liked about Adventure/Adventure 02 or maybe I should say the Digimon series as a whole. The characters don't all come from traditional Japanese homes.

I'll use Takeru as an example. A while back, on the myanimelist forums, I went on about how I could understand why Takeru's fantasy at the end of 02 was to have his folks back together. One person argued that he thought it was stupid because Takeru was older and should've been used to it and gotten over that. I pointed out how untraditional Takeru's life was compared to the others around him.

02 Takeru was a latchkey kid. In the episode where Hikari was stranded in the Digital World, Daisuke even asked if it was okay for him to head back. Everyone else was doing things to get away with staying out later than usual, like how Yamato had to tell Daisuke's folks that he was going to be late and stuff. Takeru mentioned that his mother was going to be out late and that they didn't have to worry or think up something for him.

Also, later on in the series, it's pretty much implied that Takeru hangs out at Daisuke's place a lot. Natsuko met up with Daisuke's father, who was returning Takeru's notebook to her and she was thanking him for always having Takeru over.

Daisuke is part of a nuclear family, as is Miyako, Ken, and Hikari. I could see the desire to have a normal family burying itself in the back of his mind. Even then, I don't think Takeru's desire was necessarily to have his parents back together entirely, but to have a normal family setting in general since, in a way, he's never really had it.

True, "gotten over", and wanting are two different things, I'm sure he'd still want his parents together, I'm sure he'd be happy for his parents if they were seeing other people, but probably would be happier if they got back together!

That's something I found curious in 02, how the original chosen children were still hiding their partner Digimon from their family, or the fact that the younger children, were also chosen children! I guess it could have been they didn't want to worry their family, I mean "if the Digimon are back, then [insert name(s)] will disappear again", and same for the families of the younger children, perhaps!

Apparently that thought no longer applies in -tri-, given how Agumon, Tailmon and Gomamon have the run of the respective homes!

Nope and I don't mind it, personally...despite my love of the pairing.

That's interesting to know... :D!

Edited by Guest

• 7 months later...

Well, now that we have BanchouStingmon...

That's true, although I was considering evolutions that went to Ultimate, Banchou Stingmon is apparently a Perfect Level Digimon, with currently no next evolution!

Although I did do some "cheating" with evolution suggestions previously, so I'm sure I could do some here too, but would have to look into possible "evolutions" more!

• Geano locked this topic