Which game did you most recently buy?

JesuDesu22

- Steins;Gate (PC)

I just purchased this as well! Believe it or not, I've never played Steins;Gate. I'd only watched the anime, but your VN related posts have convinced me that I need to give this a try. I think I'll love it.

• Like 2

My most recent two are Nier: Automata and Resident Evil 7. I haven't played that much of either, but I've thoroughly enjoyed both so far. Certainly, Nier: Automata is fantastic.

There are a few games I'm considering getting soon and I'd appreciate opinions, since I don't have enough money to buy all of them. I can buy 1 or 2, depending on what I go for. So, advice on which to pick for now would be appreciated. I've eliminated a few choices, like Persona 5, due to cost already. But I'm interested in Yakuza 0, Final Fantasy 15, Metro Redux, Gravity Rush 2, Tales of Berseria, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Fate/Extella: Umbral Star. Again, all help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

The most recent game i bought was tekken 7 from steam.

You most definitely should. NieR Automata is the best RPG game that's come out, and likely that's going to this year.

recently completed it, it was great. Really enjoyed it espicially the fast paced combat. Kinda rimned me of metal gear solid rising revengeance.

recently completed it, it was great. Really enjoyed it espicially the fast paced combat. Kinda rimned me of metal gear solid rising revengeance.

Well, the combat mechanics were handled by the same company (Platinum games).

Anyway, I ended up deciding to get Tales of Berseria and Metro Redux, a remastered collection of the to Metro games which were based off the superb Metro book series by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Tales of Berseria

Excellent choice, tbh. I purchased it a while back and played halfway through in one big push. The characters are visceral. The story is dark and elegantly told. I felt like I was playing in a storybook.

Have you been able to play it, yet?

I think my most recent purchase is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the PC. I personally believe it was the last good CoD made by Infinity Ward.

Great solid gun-play coupled with an astoundingly phenomenal single player and multiplayer. For $10 (As of right now the Steam sale is going on.) You cannot go wrong. I wouldn't bother with any of the DLC though. All the maps are vacant.

• Like 1

Excellent choice, tbh. I purchased it a while back and played halfway through in one big push. The characters are visceral. The story is dark and elegantly told. I felt like I was playing in a storybook.

Have you been able to play it, yet?

I've played up to Hellawes and briefly looked around. Then I stopped because it was late. So far, I like it. The characters and the interaction between them has certainly been a positive so far. The main character's outfit does harm the serious aspect a bit. But I'll add that the combat system does have interesting aspects to it and I am intrigued so far by the plot.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 2

The main character's outfit does harm the serious aspect a bit.

I hated her main outfit. I hated it so much that I actually purchased DLC so that I could swap her into something that wasn't both useless and goofy. I mean, for fuck sake, she broke out of the prison and still continues to wear rags? It isn't even good fan service. It's just a chaotic eyesore that's really trying too hard to be "cool" and "dark" whatever that is.

If you feel like throwing additional cash at the game, I recommend the Japanese outfit DLC, or the Pirate outfit DLC if you're feeling goofy. (The swimwear DLC isn't bad either. It's also not quite what you'd expect. I mean, seriously. How did the swimwear end up making more sense than the primary outfit? I don't understand......)

• Agree 1

So far, I've been using the villager clothes. As the main outfit, it just comes off as "some guy's fanart attempting on the internet to make a edgy sexy costume", rather than something anyone would chose. Plus, as you mentioned, there's the whole rags to rags thing. You'd think getting actual clothes again would be something Velvet would seek after being like that for so long, rather than being all "fanservice clothing permits better manoeuvrability and the random belts help too. Somehow".

It's probably a bit more annoying when it's not that long since I watched a let's play of Nier, where one character has a fanservice outfit in part so the writer can make a ton of jabs at stupid fanservice constumes via the reactions/comments of other characters.

As for the DLC, that's weirdly impressive, having fanservice clothing that's more practical than her actual clothes.

• Agree 2

So, I've started Metro 2033, the first of two games in Metro Redux. It's a shooter, set in the Moscow Metro after a World War. Humans are trapped there, dealing with the struggle of surviving and the threat of mutants. While the game is linear, the setting is given chances to be fleshed out, with the Metro stations and the chatter of various people. You can choose Russian voice acting, which is an improvement over the English acting and does add a bit to the feel of being in a Russian setting. However, it does mean missing out on a lot of random dialogue from background NPCs. As for the combat system, I've only faced mutants so far and their tactics are basic, though there was one moment where a mutant popped out of a hole near an item and killed me. I anticipate improvements when I face human opponents, since I've heard they tend to react more intelligently than usual shooter AI to your actions.

I've made more progress with Berseria and have started properly toying with elements of the combat system that I had not done much with. It's becoming more and more fun as I move forward. The writing and character interactions are good and I also like the minor dialogue of NPCs. It does a lot to enhance the setting and introduce shades of grey in regards to the enemy, via expressed opinions. Velvet's interactions with Laphicet are sweet and those between Rokarou and Eizen are fun. The cooking and scouting systems are interesting, though the recipe feature keeps reminding me of Final Fantasy 15, with the line “I've come up with a new recipe” popping in my head when one is discovered in this game.

Im gonna buy garrys mod and tomodachi life, both games i have really wanted for awhile.

I also recently gotten sims 4 and im loving it

the thing about gmod is theres so many add-ons so if yopu have slow internet, you probably dont wanna get it. Most multiplayer servers require different types of add-ons big or small. :P (Just heads up)

the thing about gmod is theres so many add-ons so if yopu have slow internet, you probably dont wanna get it. Most multiplayer servers require different types of add-ons big or small. :P (Just heads up)

I know, ill mainly play with my close friends anyways, thanks for the warning though.

Very kind of you :)

• 1 month later...
This awesome game called SOMA. Its dark, it's creepy, makes you have an existential crisis, makes you question what does it mean to be human and has a hella unique story.

You know I saw a lot about SOMA. Even saw a few videos of some LP's. Never ended up getting it though for some reason.

Anyways, for the topic the most recent games I bought were Sonic Mania and Undertale for PS4.

You know I saw a lot about SOMA. Even saw a few videos of some LP's. Never ended up getting it though for some reason.

If you like a game where you don't know whats happening at first, and you piece together the story from the clues around you, have to figure out how to proceed in the game without it telling you exactly what to do, can't fight back against the monsters...only run and hide, you'll love this game.

• 1 month later...