Need emotional help relating to anime, and a few suggestions. Please.

richardparker800

Question

Today,I finished with Elfen Lied, getting that hollow feeling which I'm quite used to by now. It always happens when someone in an anime dies. The images linger, the ending remains stuck, and sooner or later I find myself in the corner,shivering and thinking,replaying the anime again and again in my mind. What I need help is with overcoming this kind of thing I'm facing. Strangely, it only happened with some specific anime,like these-

Mirai Nikki

Corpse Party:Tortured Souls

Another

Elfen Lied

Midori Shoujo Tsubaki (Mr.Arashi's Amazing Freak Show adaptation)

And a few more.

What noticed was that they all somehow related to horror. Especially Mirai Nikki, my top rated anime.

These are the anime after which I finished,I felt kindaaa good and satisfied. These anime thrilled me to the core. Mirai Nikki did too,but some scenes just left me gaping and feeling horrible.

Attack on Titan

Parasyte:The Maxim

Btooom!

And these are the anime which left me completely devoid of words

Monster

Death Note

Death Parade

Erased

Tokyo Ghoul

Strangely,gore doesn't bother me but deaths do. Sadness does. Extremely. Tragic endings leave me sleepless for weeks. I never cry during an anime,but after I'm done,the sadness kicks in and I'm left feeling hollow. I finish the bloodiest anime without cringing or turning away once.Neither do I ever get scared,be it anime or real life. But when someone dies? Nope nope nope.

Like, I reached the point where I would open an anime's Wikipedia page, go the episode list,and read the summary of the last episode. If the main character or his best supporting character dies, then nope, I'm not watching it. Example- School Days,Clannad, Assassination Classroom,Berserk,Texhnolyze I've thoroughly enjoyed every anime I've watched with the exception of those with bad graphics like Midori.

Even after finishing Midori, I scanned the internet to find out what happened to afterwards and I was hinted that she committed suicide. FML.

So I guess you must have grasped my problem more or less by now. Please help me overcome this complex. I want to be strong,emotionally strong,able to handle these things by myself instead of posting it on the internet.

Also, please suggest me more anime,preferably NOT fantasy or comedy or ecchi or anything casual like that. Psychological,horror,mystery,thriller,game are the genres that appeal to me which is why Mirai Nikki is the perfect anime according to me. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME AN ANIME WITH A SAD ENDING. Though feel free to suggest what anime you think is best for me to watch.

Thank you ^^

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Today,I finished with Elfen Lied, getting that hollow feeling which I'm quite used to by now. It always happens when someone in an anime dies. The images linger, the ending remains stuck, and sooner or later I find myself in the corner,shivering and thinking,replaying the anime again and again in my mind. What I need help is with overcoming this kind of thing I'm facing. Strangely, it only happened with some specific anime,like these-

Mirai Nikki

Corpse Party:Tortured Souls

Another

Elfen Lied

Midori Shoujo Tsubaki (Mr.Arashi's Amazing Freak Show adaptation)

And a few more.

What noticed was that they all somehow related to horror. Especially Mirai Nikki, my top rated anime.

These are the anime after which I finished,I felt kindaaa good and satisfied. These anime thrilled me to the core. Mirai Nikki did too,but some scenes just left me gaping and feeling horrible.

Attack on Titan

Parasyte:The Maxim

Btooom!

And these are the anime which left me completely devoid of words

Monster

Death Note

Death Parade

Erased

Tokyo Ghoul

Strangely,gore doesn't bother me but deaths do. Sadness does. Extremely. Tragic endings leave me sleepless for weeks. I never cry during an anime,but after I'm done,the sadness kicks in and I'm left feeling hollow. I finish the bloodiest anime without cringing or turning away once.Neither do I ever get scared,be it anime or real life. But when someone dies? Nope nope nope.

Like, I reached the point where I would open an anime's Wikipedia page, go the episode list,and read the summary of the last episode. If the main character or his best supporting character dies, then nope, I'm not watching it. Example- School Days,Clannad, Assassination Classroom,Berserk,Texhnolyze I've thoroughly enjoyed every anime I've watched with the exception of those with bad graphics like Midori.

Even after finishing Midori, I scanned the internet to find out what happened to afterwards and I was hinted that she committed suicide. FML.

So I guess you must have grasped my problem more or less by now. Please help me overcome this complex. I want to be strong,emotionally strong,able to handle these things by myself instead of posting it on the internet.

Also, please suggest me more anime,preferably NOT fantasy or comedy or ecchi or anything casual like that. Psychological,horror,mystery,thriller,game are the genres that appeal to me which is why Mirai Nikki is the perfect anime according to me. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME AN ANIME WITH A SAD ENDING. Though feel free to suggest what anime you think is best for me to watch.

Thank you ^^

You could try "Hellsing Ultimate".

• Agree 1

I get a feeling. A feeling that leaves me empty inside, a feeling that makes me think to myself, "what do I do now?". A feeling that makes me wonder, why can't my life be like that?

I don't know whether it's because I'm still kind of new to anime, or it's maybe because I'm experiencing this emotion for the first time.

But whenever I finish an anime that I'm actually attached to, I get a feeling like I've been left behind or something. It's hard to explain but it's a good, yet bad feeling.

While writing this, I have that feeling. It's because I completed Angel Beats last night. Probably my favourite anime so far. Something about it just made me so attached. I'm not sure if it's because of the intense action, the beautiful storyline, the breath-taking characters. I just don't know.

But what I do know is that, it's been the first anime that I've been this attached to. After finishing the anime, (I won't include any spoilers) I felt so happy. But now I have like an aftermath of emotions. The more I think of the characters, the story, the setting, I get butterflies. It's like my stomach churns in a good way.

I don't know if this is the feeling you have. Heck, I don't even know if other people get it after finishing a good anime, I've never really asked.

I guess that's just how it works.

• Agree 1

Angel Beats is in my top 3 animes ever too and I get the same feeling after I watch an anime that rips up all kinds of emotions. I really do envy anyone who gets to watch Angel Beats or any other special anime for the first true time because thats when its top peak amazing. If you're kind of new to the anime scene the you're going to have to get used to this feeling because oH Boy does it get me often, keep watching and hunting for new shows to watch. Not only can you watch or read anime you can go on a hunt of your own to fill that "void" (as i like to call it) of a feeling after you just got done with a great. I'll search for hours trying to feel said void, its like a drug almost.

Being strong doesnt mean that you dont have that emotions or dont need to talk about it. You shouldnt try that, it might fire back one day. I watched Future Diary a week ago and I cried damn much and I rewatched certain scenes every day because I wanted to feel it again because it feels good and a billion times better than feeling nothing or pushing everything away with excessive video gaming eg. Watching something else is effective to get over it but maybe you should accept that it made you sad for a while and instead tell friends or parents that/why it made you sad. I started doing that recently and it actually feels quite awesome to let someone know how you feel and why you are so attach/obsessed to/with a certain character and why you feel so connected to himher. Although it is ok to sometimes push away. Just not for ever.

I feel like Hootr explained quite often. It sucks, that why I prefer crying

Edited by Guest