Attack On Titan Season 2 - Episode 1 Discussion

RepentantSky

I for one, will not spoil anything by posting images or talking about actual plot, because I gotta be honest, I think this is the best episode of the series so far, and I think everyone ought to watch it before coming in here and reading said spoilers.

With that in mind, what an episode. The opening plot twist was great, knowing more about that Titan with fur was interesting as all hell, the new character introductions were short, sweet and to the point just as they ought to be, the action and animation were amazing, even if the former was really short. I already want a game for this season to be made and maybe announced at E3 this year, because I want to be a part of this story in any way that I can, and playing a new character in the opening, which would be this amazing. I might actually watch this episode a few times, just to do it. What a way to start a season.

• Like 2

I for one, will not spoil anything by posting images or talking about actual plot, because I gotta be honest, I think this is the best episode of the series so far, and I think everyone ought to watch it before coming in here and reading said spoilers.

With that in mind, what an episode. The opening plot twist was great, knowing more about that Titan with fur was interesting as all hell, the new character introductions were short, sweet and to the point just as they ought to be, the action and animation were amazing, even if the former was really short. I already want a game for this season to be made and maybe announced at E3 this year, because I want to be a part of this story in any way that I can, and playing a new character in the opening, which would be this amazing. I might actually watch this episode a few times, just to do it. What a way to start a season.

Yeah agreed. It jumps straight back into the story and the little recap at the start was short but effective. The death scenes are as brutal as ever - something I loved about S1. The opening theme is less impactful but is still fine. I'm overall very hyped for this season, which makes it infinitely harder to hold out until the season ends so I can marathon it in one go.

• Like 1

Enjoyable episode, I thought! I keep up with the manga so nothing really came as a surprise, but seeing the events come back to life in animation was a real treat. I'm glad to see that the animation style is keeping up with the benchmarks set during the first season, and rather look forward to seeing how far into the story the season will carry us.

he opening theme is less impactful but is still fine.

Hrm... I agree with this, to be honest. While I utterly love the first two openings, this one felt a bit more ho-hum to me. With that said, it may yet grow on me as time goes by.

• Like 1

The death scenes are still awesome and leave an impact on you. I love that the recap was short and sweet and they started exactly where the first one left off.

The new titan was interesting so hyped to see where that goes.

• 4 weeks later...

The animation is what really gets me, we cover the manga on our YouTube channel, but seeing the manga come to life with the anime is always so welcome. Because of the way it was drawn in the mange, the lines just look so clean in the anime, I love it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I waited for this 4 years ;) and now I am watching it late! First episode was great - quality stuff. I am going to watch next one like right now!

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much agree with what has been said above - was a great first episode after such a long hiatus.

I really loved the way that Hanji interrogated Pastor Nick. It's been quite sometime since the first season but I do vaguely remember she was very passionate and almost playful about her titan research. Now it seems her demeanour has changed to a hardened one.

attack-on-titan-s2-e01-19.thumb.jpg.e9c34ae475c6d3e3a7541ca1d183313d.jpg

Of course the biggest highlight was the first appearance of the mysterious Beast/Ape titan towards the end of the episode. It can talk??! He has the ability to control the other titans around him?! And seems to have no appetite for direct violence...

attack-on-titan-s2-e01-09.thumb.jpg.10c99ecfc084f15ce595b1c839b9f76a.jpg

7/10

attack-on-titan-s2-e01-15.thumb.jpg.f52389804a4d293112fd69be1113e00f.jpg

attack-on-titan-s2-e01-23.thumb.jpg.5a536fbd42c28cc43d850fa46c4f333c.jpg

• Geano locked this topic