What is your current job?

NightDancer

Thank you so much! :D

Well, I just got offered a job today and I start on Monday. It's my first ever full time job. It is a job at a chocolate shop and I will be training to be a manager. :) It's very exciting. Previously I was a supervisor at Coles so I think I've made it to the next step (like being a service manager without all the Coles long training and policies) with this new job. I would like to be a journalist but if this doesn't happen at least I have a full time job which I can either stay at for a long time or become a manager somewhere else eventually. I hope I do a good job.

Thank you so much! :D

Well, I just got offered a job today and I start on Monday. It's my first ever full time job. It is a job at a chocolate shop and I will be training to be a manager. :) It's very exciting. Previously I was a supervisor at Coles so I think I've made it to the next step (like being a service manager without all the Coles long training and policies) with this new job. I would like to be a journalist but if this doesn't happen at least I have a full time job which I can either stay at for a long time or become a manager somewhere else eventually. I hope I do a good job.

Full time like 40 hours a week? Will you stop going to Uni then? =O

Past jobs: Promoting websites, interviewing bands for magazines, receptionist, Food Service & catering, Office Manager.

Current Job-Positions; Head of the secretary team/Help desk/Communication Trainer/Model

I felt like making this topic because my bestie @Caroline got a new job today!! Congrats!!!

What is your dream job? What is your current job and which job did you have in the past? =)

I know before I said emergency services was my dream job but the more I work on AN the more I feel I would love this website to be self-sustaining. So I am working on it more and more in my free time and I am really happy for all the members and contributors that have helped us out so far! I remember @Moster82 said he wanted to have a office like a company for AN. xD And yes we still want Sannamon and Akane cookies @NightDancer... ;)

Well, I just got offered a job today and I start on Monday. It's my first ever full time job. It is a job at a chocolate shop and I will be training to be a manager. :) It's very exciting.

Congratulations! Maybe you'll get discounts or some perks every now and then on the chocolate. :P

Make a good impression and you'll be fine, just bear in mind full time work (from my experience) starts to feel a little bit of a grind in terms of routine after awhile but I'm sure the chocolate will make up for that. xD

My dream job is to be a mangaka,it is my dream since elementary school!

I hope it comes true! :D

• Like 1

Full time like 40 hours a week? Will you stop going to Uni then? =O

Past jobs: Promoting websites, interviewing bands for magazines, receptionist, Food Service & catering, Office Manager.

Current Job-Positions; Head of the secretary team/Help desk/Communication Trainer/Model

Well I am going to continue going to uni for the rest of the trimester and see how I feel about my job. If I don't like my job then I will do another trimester at uni and finish my Masters. If I like my job I either defer my course or just graduate with a Graduate Diploma.

Cause you live in Singapore right? When do you finish? Are you enjoying it?

Yea, finishing it in about 5 months time. Beside getting to enjoy some minimal benefits of being in the Logistics Wing, and the company of my fellow mates, there is nothing else to really enjoy

Yea, finishing it in about 5 months time. Beside getting to enjoy some minimal benefits of being in the Logistics Wing, and the company of my fellow mates, there is nothing else to really enjoy

What would you like to do afterwards?

What would you like to do afterwards?

To be honest, I have no idea. I enjoy working in the retail section but somehow, its hard to upkeep a family by working in the retail section alone unless I get a good position. Maybe just get a good old office job and go into an endless loop of mundane life?

To be honest, I have no idea. I enjoy working in the retail section but somehow, its hard to upkeep a family by working in the retail section alone unless I get a good position. Maybe just get a good old office job and go into an endless loop of mundane life?

If you like it and it pays enough to live with, why not ^^

I wonder until when I can earn extra cash with modeling. I'm glad I look younger so it lasts longer xD

The sad thing is that retail normally pays quite little in Singapore and the living cost here is continuously rising. It's possible to live with that amount of pay but its going to be quite tough to me.

The sad thing is that retail normally pays quite little in Singapore and the living cost here is continuously rising. It's possible to live with that amount of pay but its going to be quite tough to me.

Retail jobs here in many of the bigger Australian chains are commission based (base rate + bonus for sales).. Harvey Norman, JB Hi-iFi and Good Guys come to mind.

Maybe sales might be an option? Low barrier entry but can be competitive. Didn't @Moster82 do something similar?

I've always wondered what it would be to be a sales rep for a tech company. I'd love to be a consultant one day within IT but 3 years experience, not quite enough yet... xD decisions.. decisions..

Retail jobs here in many of the bigger Australian chains are commission based (base rate + bonus for sales).. Harvey Norman, JB Hi-iFi and Good Guys come to mind.

Maybe sales might be an option? Low barrier entry but can be competitive. Didn't @Moster82 do something similar?

I've always wondered what it would be to be a sales rep for a tech company. I'd love to be a consultant one day within IT but 3 years experience, not quite enough yet... xD decisions.. decisions..

Sales are awesome! I'm already going with a colleague to prospect conversations for acquisition. Sometime soon I hope to do them myself!

• 1 year later...

I work as a machinist for a gun company. I enjoy it working with metal and creating something with my hands. It also pays the bills.

My dream job would defiantly be a video game tester or something anime related. Like working for all the big anime cons or something of that nature. I also love the ocean so I have been trying to get my captains license in my spare time.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently unemployed and a self-titled FT SAH (Full-Time Stay At Home) House Fiancée, but I used to work for the Disney Store about a year and a half ago which I really enjoyed and loved before having to leave due to personal reasons :)

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...

Hmmm , revive ol' thread

to leave school the condition put on me by my folks was a job

so I got a job before my licence to drive running a fire extinguisher refill work shop (well I was the only one there and they gave the training) next was

im a diesel mechanic/fitter and turner by trade worked for the state railways where I live (have my own shed now and do custom jobs occasionally for others)

did some other work and qualifications , to end up

im a road train driver (the US tractor trailer , Europe's lorry) some times I do sfa others im going 17hrs for a few days cart anything including fuels and explosives you think it and yes ive prob carted it and prob have a pic of two doing so up to 200 tonne and/or three trailers , that is anything but not live stock

WP_20151213_19_22_03_Pro_zps3pzm71qc.thumb.jpg.d6e7faa418d491fe337d9896b4c13a12.jpg

dream job .... no job :P

• Informative 1

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting job @Wodahs - and I am sure you've seen your fair share of bad drivers on our roads.

I also imagine as a truck driver you make fair use of UHF radio to keep in touch with other drivers?

To answer the original topic, I'm currently a Library Technician in a school environment. It's quite interesting and certainly much less hectic than my previous role in ICT helpdesk support. I'm using this opportunity to gain some more skills on the side, taking advantage of less stress. And more time for Anime Forums. ;)

• Like 1