Looking for anime with a compelling story, no loopholes and realistic romance.

Kuuhakutino

Hi guys!

I've always liked watching anime. But recently I decided to re-watch my old favourites. At one point, I watched Code Geass. Code Geass' story is amazing. I realised that a lot of anime actually has no point in it, just random gags every few episodes. Some anime's stories progress so slow. So now I decided I'd look for actual good anime, but I found it difficult and time consuming. I don't exactly have a lot of free time.

Even though Code Geass is amazing, I somehow felt that something was missing. So I decided to re-watch Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. I loved it. It has a solid story, and there are no loopholes in the plot. I love main characters like Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne. I also like how mature their conversations can become. There's satisfying romance and enough action to keep me interested. I'm not really looking for an anime that focuses everything in romance, but anime across all genres feels incomplete without romance. I'm not a fan of the harem stuff and the fact that sometimes characters begin their relationship as the anime ends. I just don't think it's realistic.

Does anyone feel the same? Can anyone recommend any anime that fits the description? Mirai Nikki would be a good example.

Edited by Guest

Does anyone feel the same? Can anyone recommend any anime that fits the description? Mirai Nikki would be a good example.

I think Clannad is the best example I've seen of a 'realistic' romance in anime, to be honest. Some aspects of the story do contain supernatural elements, however the core of the show is fairly down to Earth, especially compared to something like Mirai Nikki. At the core of it, the story is basically entirely character driven, and consists of both personal triumphs and personal tragedies.

Very highly recommended - I don't tend to ever watch high school romance anime, but this one is easily at the very top of my anime ranking list.

• Like 1

Every time I think of an anime that's like this, I think of Eureka Seven. The pace starts out a bit slow, but once it gets going, it really doesn't stop, and it's romance is one of the most well done I've ever seen. All the characters in it are memorable in their own right as well.

I think Clannad is the best example I've seen of a 'realistic' romance in anime, to be honest. Some aspects of the story do contain supernatural elements, however the core of the show is fairly down to Earth, especially compared to something like Mirai Nikki. At the core of it, the story is basically entirely character driven, and consists of both personal triumphs and personal tragedies.

Very highly recommended - I don't tend to ever watch high school romance anime, but this one is easily at the very top of my anime ranking list.

Thank you for the recommendation. Just like you, I don't tend watch high school romance anime, unless it comes with other elements like suspense or mecha, but because of your comments, I'll definitely give it a shot!

• Like 1

Every time I think of an anime that's like this, I think of Eureka Seven. The pace starts out a bit slow, but once it gets going, it really doesn't stop, and it's romance is one of the most well done I've ever seen. All the characters in it are memorable in their own right as well.

Thank you for the recommendation! I remember watching this back when it was newly released. It's one of the few animes I'm interested in, that I never really finished.

The only "realistic" romance anime I could recommend is "Itazura na Kiss". It's an old anime, but a very good one. I consider it one of the best anime I have ever watched.

I don't watch too much romance so that'll be my only recommendation.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!

I've realized that what I'm looking for is any anime of any genre with resolved romance. I just hate it when a character has a love interest and they do not go into some sort of relationship even when the anime ends.

I'd like to ask everyone to give me some more recommendations. Thank you in advance. I hope this thread helps anyone else looking for the same elements in an anime.

I've watched plenty of anime since I started this thread. Here's a list of some anime I really like to help you guys with the recommendations and anyone who has the same interests as me.

-Gundam Seed

-Sankarea

-Mirai nikki

-Sword Art Online (I dislike the fact that all girls are in love with MC though)

-Btoom

-Steins gate

-Re:Zero

-Nisekoi (I normally dislike a harem, but I can bear with it because only two girls actually have a chance)

-Btoom

-Maoyu Maou Yusha

Edited by Guest

A very good, realistic and heartfelt anime that will probably bring you to tears is Your Lie in April. I highly recommend it. I don't wish to say anything about the romance and such in this anime as I do not wish to spoil any parts of this excellent anime for you.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

A very good, realistic and heartfelt anime that will probably bring you to tears is Your Lie in April. I highly recommend it. I don't wish to say anything about the romance and such in this anime as I do not wish to spoil any parts of this excellent anime for you.

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I'll try watching it right now! Thank you!

If you want a conclusion, you can also watch Eureka Seven AO. It does conclude everything in it's own way, but I'll be honest, it's not great. The show is in no way on par with the original. There is also the Eureka Seven movie which is basically AU and all of the characters play different roles, but it's Evangelion levels of confusing, especially if you watched the main show first, which I highly recommend you do.

• 1 month later...
  • Geano locked this topic