TheAnimeTimes

Looking for Feedback

Hi guys,

Since I'm planning on posting around here more often, I figured that I'd share my YT channel. Obviously I'd love subs, but that's not why I'm posting. I could use feedback for what works, what doesn't, what you like, what you hate, etc so that I can tailor content that is enjoyable! This is a lot of fun -- if you haven't made videos I recommend it.

Check this ish out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cqlBY0Z8JH-6YEOlv2u_A

And please, please lmk what you think :)

• Like 2

*shows segway*

"That was my segue"

*continues*

Genius, took me about 5 seconds to get the joke and then it hit me so hard xD

Ohh man and the music too damn you're funny

Keep at this dude you're the best

Also now I'm gonna watch Lucky Stars

SUBSCRIBED!!!

I know you wanted critique but I'm honestly struggling

HONESTLY HELP ME

I'll edit if I find anything?

*shows segway*

"That was my segue"

*continues*

Genius, took me about 5 seconds to get the joke and then it hit me so hard xD

Ohh man and the music too damn you're funny

Keep at this dude you're the best

Also now I'm gonna watch Lucky Stars

SUBSCRIBED!!!

I know you wanted critique but I'm honestly struggling

HONESTLY HELP ME

I'll edit if I find anything?

Hey, I mean, I appreciate compliments too lol :P

My friends made fun of me for the Segway joke :(

• Like 1

Hey, I mean, I appreciate compliments too lol :P

My friends made fun of me for the Segway joke :(

What?!! Naa, I found it hilarious :D

So surprised I've never seen that joke made before, it's so clever and funny arggh xD

You have a pretty solid channel. I would recommend putting some music in the background otherwise its perfect!

• Agree 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BuCUAEHnE

Put a lot of work into this one. Very interested in feedback! I tried to generalize many of the concepts in the show, since I try to gear my content more for those who aren't well versed in anime. If you haven't watched the monogatari series, I highly recommend it.

I just wanna say f*** I tried watching that a little while ago but I relies I need to binge watch it other wise ill be completely lost, ill say i was vary confused so when I take another stab at it ill hopefully have a grasp on it. Your vid is great to I can tell you out a lot of work in it to I like the background music, its also good that you go into detail!

I just wanna say f*** I tried watching that a little while ago but I relies I need to binge watch it other wise ill be completely lost, ill say i was vary confused so when I take another stab at it ill hopefully have a grasp on it. Your vid is great to I can tell you out a lot of work in it to I like the background music, its also good that you go into detail!

Thanks! It's for sure a hard anime to get into, and it's meant to be very confusing. Maybe it'd be best if you watched it in chronological order (which is in the description)... I think that would explain a lot more! :)

Thanks! It's for sure a hard anime to get into, and it's meant to be very confusing. Maybe it'd be best if you watched it in chronological order (which is in the description)... I think that would explain a lot more! :)

Yeah I think I'll try that thanks!

Hi guys,

Since I'm planning on posting around here more often, I figured that I'd share my YT channel. Obviously I'd love subs, but that's not why I'm posting. I could use feedback for what works, what doesn't, what you like, what you hate, etc so that I can tailor content that is enjoyable! This is a lot of fun -- if you haven't made videos I recommend it.

Check this ish out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cqlBY0Z8JH-6YEOlv2u_A

And please, please lmk what you think :)

I did YouTube quite a while back. I agree it was fun :)

On that note, you definitely seem to be having fun! I really enjoyed the skits and visual representations used in the videos I watched. Really cool. The background music is nice too.Your blue boarder around the little window of anime gives off a professional vibe which is nice (but can get distracting at times). But the thing I like most are your thumbnails, as it really makes me want to click on the video and find out more. So great job there!

I like that most of your videos are short, and I think it is good that you keep it that way. Because a lot of YouTube consumers prefer short and concise videos - especially if its from a smaller YouTuber that they are not subscribed to, as they would generally prefer watching their pre-established favorites. So I think shorter videos are the best way to draw people in (unless you want to branch out to much longer videos and make it your forte). Personally, I am trying to shorten my blog posts too for similar reasons.

I may be nitpicking here, but please excuse me since you asked for feedback. As I mentioned earlier, your blue boarder around the anime window is kinda distracting and in-your-face. It is mostly personal preference, but I would much rather just enjoy the visuals displayed without an overlay on it. Also, when you directly reference things from the anime such as colour in the Monogatari Series - I think it would be more elegant if you just display it in the anime window rather than flashing it on top of the entire video. I know that you do it that way sometimes, but having it all in that window may help your video flow more intrinsically and really draw the viewer in.

But other than that, I love that you are talking about a wide range of anime and genres. I really like your channel in general, and will continue tuning in every time there is a new release.

Subscribed! I also joined your Discord :P

Edited by Guest

I did YouTube quite a while back. I agree it was fun :)

On that note, you definitely seem to be having fun! I really enjoyed the skits and visual representations used in the videos I watched. Really cool. The background music is nice too.Your blue boarder around the little window of anime gives off a professional vibe which is nice (but can get distracting at times). But the thing I like most are your thumbnails, as it really makes me want to click on the video and find out more. So great job there!

I like that most of your videos are short, and I think it is good that you keep it that way. Because a lot of YouTube consumers prefer short and concise videos - especially if its from a smaller YouTuber that they are not subscribed to, as they would generally prefer watching their pre-established favorites. So I think shorter videos are the best way to draw people in (unless you want to branch out to much longer videos and make it your forte). Personally, I am trying to shorten my blog posts too for similar reasons.

I may be nitpicking here, but please excuse me since you asked for feedback. As I mentioned earlier, your blue boarder around the anime window is kinda distracting and in-your-face. It is mostly personal preference, but I would much rather just enjoy the visuals displayed without an overlay on it. Also, when you directly reference things from the anime such as colour in the Monogatari Series - I think it would be more elegant if you just display it in the anime window rather than flashing it on top of the entire video. I know that you do it that way sometimes, but having it all in that window may help your video flow more intrinsically and really draw the viewer in.

But other than that, I love that you are talking about a wide range of anime and genres. I really like your channel in general, and will continue tuning in every time there is a new release.

Subscribed! I also joined your Discord :P

Thanks for the feedback!!! This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to hear.

I'll try an updated version of that border. I've stopped using it because it's a little clunky, but just putting the video up on the wall tends to look kinda silly. Maybe I do a thin border -- like a computer monitor?

Welcome to the discord, It's not super active in there but sometimes we play games or discuss anime. Hopefully it grows :)

• Like 1

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!