You are being hunted by the avatar above you.

zoop

The avatar above you is hunting you. You have a small head-start, but circumstance and contrivance will conspire against you to force a confrontation. You don't know why you are being hunted, but it seems safe to assume that it's for some sort of particularly nefarious purpose.

What do you do?

Where do you go?

How will you fight back?

Tell us the epic tale of your heroic last stand against whatever terrifying antagonist it is that you end up facing.

It's okay if you're not familiar with the character or characters in someone's avatar - just go by appearances.

:)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

178489.jpg.7525cd8b2d29c0fad40bfcf2a261781c.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Creative 1

The avatar above you is hunting you. You have a small head-start, but circumstance and contrivance will conspire against you to force a confrontation. You don't know why you are being hunted, but it seems safe to assume that it's for some sort of particularly nefarious purpose.

What do you do?

Where do you go?

How will you fight back?

Tell us the epic tale of your heroic last stand against whatever terrifying antagonist it is that you end up facing.

It's okay if you're not familiar with the character or characters in someone's avatar - just go by appearances.

Since I don't know of the character, I'll just go on appearances and assume a nimble, assassinesque character

Sorry if I'm entirely wrong xD

The footsteps of my two heavy heels echoed their crunches in the gravelled streets around the empty village.

They strook the ground with haste and their incessant beating created a pulse not unlike a lonely grandfather clock.

Except, there was something I found was off about the usually comforting beat of my leather boots.

The echo was never quite the same every time. Unnaturally so, and sometimes I heard sounds that didn't match at all.

Confused after a long day at work, I marched on regardless, trying to focus.

I turned the corner onto my avenue sharply, and, without even a moment to react I felt the thickly treaded wheels of a mountain bike collide with the end of my right shoe. As it turned without slowing even slightly each toe tried desperately to escape until eventually there was no where left for them to curl. I almost fell as the sudden wave of pain shot up my leg.

As I stifled a cry, the cyclist swerved to regain balanced but did not look back but instead continued.

I gritted my teeth and bent my knees over and over to try to calm my quickly numbing foot. That was when I realised, that I wasn't mistaken before. I really did hear sounds in my own footsteps. I could hear, approaching quickly to my right, the sounds of someone, running.

'They must have just been walking along behind me' I thought as I turned myself around, preparing to pretend to not be hurt and assure her that I would be fine. What greeted me wasn't a concerned pedestrian, however. It was a young girl with a disturbingly stern and focused gaze, wearing clothing fit for combat. I saw her retrieve a long silvery knife from her side and rush with increasing pace.

Naturally, before I was even truly aware of it, I started to run. I bolted away, becoming completely primal as my body defied my slow, action-numbed brain. To bolt, though, as I understand it, means to scurry away in a specific direction with huge velocity. I had neither of those things as I limped and struggled as quickly as I could in a very non-specific direction, which happened to be towards the garden of an elderly couple. I could hear my unnamed pursuer approaching closer and closer and I soon learned that trying to outrun them would be futile.

As I continued to stagger, my attention snapped to the pocket knife my grandfather always insisted I carry in the upper left pocket of my jacket. I reached into the pocket desperately in one last attempt to free myself from the absurdly unlikely and surreal situation I had found myself in, and gripped the knife. I turned on a dime and looked at the attacker dead in the eye. They had me firmly in their sights too, as their stone-cold eyes remained fixed onto mine as the glistening blade lifted higher and higher until finally my primal instincts could take no more and in a panic I launched the knife from my hand and cowered away.

A moment that felt like a thousand lifetimes hit me. As I laid there, pathetically curled lightly in a ball on the driveway of Mr and Mrs Parkinson I waited and waited for the story to end. But it didn't. Cautiously, my head jittered up and my horrified expression simply mounted itself deeper as I found the attacker's body splayed across the ground, with my knife plunged deep into their neck.

Whether I was the luckiest man or the unluckiest man on the planet that night, is debatable.

---

Wow that's garbage xD

And not remotely epic, just one random dude coming home from work and being incredibly lucky against a trained assassin :P

Eh, I still tried my best to be interesting and I enjoyed playing about with words for the best part of an hour.

So even though you probably wasted your valuable time reading that, I had a little fun writing it, seeing as if it's a rarity for me these days.

Cool idea for a forum game, I like it, though I dread to think of what Kobayashi-san will do the the user after me haha

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

tumblr_m5z94dGWNY1ql141xo1_500.gif.9fc726e7c8e9ffb0c2b828283a4de3c5.gif

Oh Gawd. I had a hard time figuring out exactly what rating to that post. 'like', 'funny', and 'creative' didn't quite do it justice, so winner it is. :D

Definitely a more in-depth response than I would have ever imagined, but for what it's worth that was quite amusing to read. ^^

With that said, for the sake of not intimidating people away for fear of having to make similarly long and involved posts (though those are more than welcome!) I present to you: something a little bit lazier.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm pretty sure I could take Kobayashi in a fight. Probably. She might be a bit unpredictable while drunk, but by and large I'd be confident of my chances... with that said, however, if I had done something to offend her to the point of wanting to hunt me down like an animal, I'd have to presume that her maid would be similarly upset with me... and so... with that in mind...

I would run. To the ends of the Earth, without stopping and without looking back. And when the time would come for our inevitable meeting, I would throw myself to the floor and beg forgiveness for whatever sin I had committed, hoping against all hope that my apologies would be sufficient enough to keep me from being roasted alive by her overly excitable dragon companion.

• Winner 1

I look behind me to take in the person who is tailing me and judge there skills and to see if they have anything on them. I Look back in front of me not being able to get a vary clear picture I try to out maneuver him with the obstacles in front of me. After failing I decide to turn a corner to try to wait until he catches up and I hide on top of some crates and wait for him to turn the corner. After a few moments he turns I attack him and knock him unconscious. I tie him up in the alleyway with some rope I found and wait for him to wake up.

He slowly opens his eyes, to see me in front of him I question him to ask why he is following me. He doesn't talk after a few minutes of questioning so I continue this time more intensely. In the middle of my question he breaks free of the rope I tied him up with and escapes....

So how was that? I am bad without a theme so I went with realistic instead of magical and stuff like that.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what that avatar is but blue hair and a gauntlet probably means they are tough. With that in mind, I'm not looking for a head on confrontation at least until I know their abilities so I'm going to try and lure them into an area that will force their hand so I can analyze a bit. Unsure of exactly how to do that, I start by running and seeing if they can keep up, turns out they can but their stealthiness fails them almost completely which gives me the idea of trying to figure out how they position themselves before they start to fight. After I run around a building and am certain we are about 20 yards apart I stop and listen for footprints, as it turns out they are not on either side of me, but above me, and then I hear, the sound of a gun being loaded and cocked. As it is that puts me at a distinct disadvantage in terms of range but it is dark outside and a park is not too far off. Unable to gauge what the gun might be, I decided to try and get out of range of any bullets, as I regret the only thing I'm carrying is a small Sword only about 7 inches in length.

A few shots are fired at me as I jump a gate to enter the park and disappear behind some trees. I try to use the reflection of the moon off of my knife facing towards the direction of the shots I heard to see if I can figure out where they are, but alas it appears as though they have moved. Again I listen for footsteps, realizing that grass would do a much better job of hiding the noise than the cement where this confrontation begin. I hear nothing, and instead take a moment to get a better look at my surroundings, and realize if I can just make it to the other side of the trees I hid in, I might be able to force them to chase me in a place where I can hear them run after me. Making a break for it, I manage to get to the trees I was aiming for but not without getting hit along the face. It stings, and I have to refrain from screaming so that I don't give away my position. Again I listen, and this time I can hear the steps coming from, and their from the right. Suddenly the sounds of a new gun being loaded and cocked come into ear shot and the gun sounds big and heavy, a shotgun maybe? At this moment I know, I need to catch them off guard with my knife and either cut them so they can't lift it, or throw my only weapon at them and hope that it distracts them enough dodging it that I can escape.

Then nothing, no noise can be heard, that must mean they've chosen their point of attack, hinting that they either know where I am, or feel confident enough in their guess to risk it, and who could blame them, I only have a knife after all. A loud boom comes from behind me, for sure a shotgun, but I'm not fooled, I am convinced that noise was made simply to distract me from their next movement, so I wait again and hear just barely, footsteps to my left. Either they are working with someone, or they just gave me the best odds they good, I am left-handed after all. In a second I can see them coming around my tree before they can see me and I take my slice at them, I hit something metal and hear a metallic thump near my feet. I somehow forgot exactly the sharpness of my blade, I cut through a barrel of their gun. While they are stunned I make a quick movement placing the blade at their throat, forcing them to drop all their weapons in the nearby fountain. They aren't likely to sustain any useful functions after water gets inside their parts. I put my knife away and tell them if they ever threaten me again, I will kill them without hesitation, and I make my escape.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What do you do?

Where do you go?

How will you fight back?

:)

[ATTACH=full]31158[/ATTACH]

This seems like such a fun game, why have I not seen this post before? xD I'm so behind on everything.

------------------

I'm not entirely familiar with the character, so I will do the best I can. :3

I hide as I watch him, his every move. He's attractive, intelligent, yet oddly terrifying. He seems like the type of antagonist who would make a straight forward, but calculated attack. I see him approaching and I most likely cringe in fear. From the shadows I watch him. I contemplate if I'm able to talk my way out of this situation, which, most likely I'm not, as he seems not the type to be swayed by my charm.

He can sense my presence. My breathing hinges as he makes eye contact with the area I'm hiding. He continues to watch from a distance, waiting for me to make a move, but my body is numb. My adrenaline is pumping, but my body won't move! What is this I am feeling?

After what seems like hours, but is actually minutes, he approaches closer, urging me to come out from the shadows I have shielded myself in. After realizing there is no running from this man, I relinquish to my adrenaline and appear from where I was previously hiding away. As I make my appearance, he hesitates not when approaching me at high speed. Instincts kicking in, I shield myself with sorcery. Unable to breech my barrier, I can feel how powerful and motivated his attack is. This frightens me. Nothing is more terrifying than a person motivated by anger.

Knowing I'm probably unable to conquer him on my own, I avoid his attacks until I'm able to flee, running as fast as I can into a wooded area, hoping I can reach aid in time. I'm still unsure of his intentions, but I don't want to risk my life trying to find out.

• Like 3

Another day and I find myself cursing my luck. Last time I found myself near an attractive woman, she tried to shoot me, although in the long run that may have been a blessing, as I've learned I'd better take larger weapons with me from now on. Since my last encounter, I've in fact gotten stronger, but still I concern myself with what might be as a new face looks at me threateningly. That face might be innocent but I sense power resonating from the woman standing mere feet from me. With a small flick of the wrist, a ball of fire is lunged at me large to engulf me if I don't dodge it, and luckily I just barely managed. Alas though this new foe seems to move quicker than the last one, and can shoot at the same time. "I really should learn a few spells" I think to myself as I dodge several fireballs at once. Suddenly I feel a presence behind me, and at a quick glance I can ill afford I see something, a giant pillar of water looks to consume me. Two more fireballs are headed my way, this opponent must hope I'll instinctively jump back to avoid them based on how they are coming at me from the sides. Instead I duck under them. Surprised by my quick thinking, my attacker runs down the street, probably hoping to change the scenery to their advantage. I think for a moment about letting them go, but given my luck, they'll find more people to attack me.

I give chase and after a few minutes lightning nearly strikes me. "So that's three elements she can control" I think to myself as I barely dodge the attack. This time I feel her above me on a nearby roof, and I realize she's also had me pursue her into an alleyway, a smart choice to limit my ability to dodge. However, there's a ladder nearby and the buildings aren't too tall or too far apart, so I decide it's worth the risk of climbing one to see where she is, I'd probably be able to jump across these buildings if I needed to anyways. I start to climb and about half way up, I am struck by lighting for real. The armor I'm wearing protects me from it mostly though even though it stings like hell, and I keep climbing till I reach the top. Across from me, the woman looks horrified at what she sees. Either I look like hell or she's at a loss for how I'm okay after taking one of her shots. I finally get a chance to be offensive though and so I pull out several throwing knives and lob them at her from several different heights, convinced at least one would hit her. Instead, she puts up a barrier and protects herself from all oncoming attacks, but even after a split second of seeing it, I can tell it's like painted window, which means her vision must be clouded quite a bit by it. I take this chance to jump to her building, pulling out my large sword from my back in the process and striking her barrier with all my might. She blocks that as well but the barrier cracks, so I continue to strike it, all while hoping I have her cornered enough that she can't cast another spell. After the 6th or 7th hit, the barrier breaks and before I can send my sword down at her, a small fireball hits me square in the face. She must have managed to pull that out in a panicked state because it's little else than a bit blinding and stings only ever so slightly. However my reaction to it gives her just enough time to put some distance between us, even in my current state, I can see that she's having issues composing herself well enough to strike. With that in mind I pretend I'm more hurt than I am, and peak through my hand which I had placed on my face to get a better idea of our surroundings on these roofs.

Then I see it, a wall of sorts as one of the buildings seems to have a few rooms that extend over the street and practically touch the building's roof we're on. I fall to one knee, continuing to feign my injury, and lay my sword on the ground. By now she has regained her composure and is readying another attack, but before she can, I throw more knives her way, forcing her to jump back and avoid them. I keep throwing them until her back is against the wall, and once I see she has made contact with it, I throw more attempting to pin the thicker parts of her hair against it with my weapons. Four land exactly as I intend, and she's stuck there. I grab my sword again, walk towards her, place it under her chin, and warn her, if she ever attacks me again, the blade goes to the neck. I'd hate to kill such a pretty face, but if needed I'll do it. However if that does ever happen, it won't be today. By the time she gets herself unstuck from that wall, I'll be long gone.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3