Whats your favorite Anime Genre?

Mazino

While Psychological is my top 1, I'm fine with almost every genre, even yuri and shounen-ai. However, I absolutely despise Mecha. Even though I watched Code Geass, I loved it for the awesome story. I just wanna puke everytime those metallic things was on-screen.

This hurts my soul.

Mecha is what interests me most. Now, if only they could make more with good plots + plenty of mecha-y action.

I can't stand mecha either lol. Wonder what it is that turns us all away.

It is more than likely because it tends to draw away from the actual story or plot. Or it lacks good character development. It is one of the things that I wish they could just get right.

----

I love most genres. I'm not the biggest fan of Slice of Life. But I'll watch just about anything, however, I prefer things with action and that are more shounen based.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm into Slice of Life. :) This is because it is more believable and something that I can relate to often times. Besides that, I can also know a lot more about Japan's culture. :D Genre I dislike is Harems. :veryangry::meh: Which are very overrated nowadays. Too bad cause I've found some anime with interesting plots but then I quickly retreated once I noticed it's a Harem.

[spoiler=Just A Rant]Seriously. -_- Why put too much efforts on harems?!:angry::veryangry::veryangry: On a side note, I'm not angry. :crazy::crazy:

• 4 months later...

Mystery.

I've seen only a few people watching animes of the genre mystery and it seems to be not as popular as some other genres such as Fantasy/Action. 

Durarara is my allaround favorite along with Hyouka. You'll be suprised but i didn't get to watch Death Note fully yet or to phrase it better, i watched only the first two episodes. :P

I'd say Space Opera...and I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on that one, haha. Shows like Crest of the Stars, Knights of Sidonia, Starship Operators, and basically anything that Matsumoto does is something that I look forward to. Mecha seems inevitably intertwined in there....I'm not too into Mecha but if done well, I'm up for it. 

Hmmm it's hard to say because I love all different kinds of anime. I like a lot of different genres for different reasons. But if I had to narrow it down mecha, romance and shounen are probably my favorites. If its about love or battles I'm in. xD

I don't have a favorite genre, I have liked anime/manga from different genres so...
However, if I have to mention a preference, I usually avoid any manga/anime of any other genre as main that has romance added into the mix. Shippers already get very obnoxious with anime/manga where there isn't a canon ship. I have ships too, but there's a lot of fans who just don't know how to behave and don't seem to care about anything else in the show but the their OTP.

• Geano locked this topic