Eromanga-sensei

Histoire

Omg I'm actually posting a thread?! What has the world come down to?!

Anyway, Eromanga-sensei is one of the anime currently airing right now. So far it has 4 episodes. It's author is the same as Oreimo so you might wanna clench those buttcheeks for the inevitable.

---

184183.jpg.1f39b67c4d275db30590048191691804.jpg

Synopsis

The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, pen name "Eromanga," draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed... that his "Eromanga-sensei" is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shoujo manga creator becomes their rival!

(Source: ANN)

---

I mean, come on. Can you really resist her?

LOOK AT HER.

C38CNqXWMAEv-d2.jpg.a108ca94c2ea580b2bc97fcd86fbd973.jpg

She's literally the epitome of cuteness right now.

So anyway, you guys tell me what you all think about this anime featuring this cute creature and an unknown thing called a protagonist.

PS: Forgive the lazy formatting. I posted it using my phone. I'll edit it once I grab a hold of my PC.

• Winner 1

Can't deny that Sagiri is cute lmao. However, the show itself is umm... Let's just call it a meme.

"Girls at my age love dicks" - One of the first lines of Episode 2

This show was never meant to be taken seriously :P Not that I have anything against it in that regard. But seeing how dumb the show is at times still baffles me.

Anyway, I'm only watching Eromanga-sensei this season for this weekly podcast, which (imo) is infinitely more entertaining than the series itself. Here's a link to the Episode 1 discussion if you want to check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BpTbDxtjPE

• Like 2

Aww I have been waiting for this thread :D

I love this show so far!!

It's found its place firmly in my Crunchyroll subscription box and it's my favourite out of the others in there

The characters are hilarious, animation seems pretty solid, the plot is nice, relaxed and nothing special but still far from boring. Music is pretty good, although the op and ed already do my head in xD

It's made me a little uncomfortable on occasion as its often veeeery suggestive about Sagiri who is *ahem* TWELVE yet she sounds like my 7 year old niece

But then it's Japan so eh whatever xD

Makes me laugh. It's cute. Totally ship Yamada and Masamune ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

well I'm about to embark upon watching it so I may have to post some findings or my dislikeings soon see how it goes but I'm also mixing this in with about 5 other seasonal weekly episodal releases ive been watching and Alice to Zouroku with Seikaisuru Kado that ive just started this weekend

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Am I weird for actually shipping Sagiri and Izumi..? Hehe

I agree that although this anime is nothing special, it's a nice series to watch to keep me entertained while I wait on new episodes of Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia to come out.

I like the anime for the sheer fact that I have not watched an anime about manga and light novel authors. But I'm not sure how I feel about the harem aspect of it...I mean...not only does his sister love him, but every other successful author around is in love with him too?!?! I think it's getting out of hand at this point lol. But yeah...I ship him and sagiri, I mean she's adorable and they're not blood so.. I guess.. lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I quite enjoyed Oreimo - would this be worth watching? :angel:

Could also look at featuring this one on the front page too for this season.

I do think that Eromanga-sensei is better than Oreimo. Atleast imo.

For one, Sagiri is a lot cuter than Kirino.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I quite enjoyed Oreimo - would this be worth watching? :angel:

Could also look at featuring this one on the front page too for this season.

I have seen a lot of people drawing comparisons between these two series. Some go as far as to say that Eromanga-sensei is just a reskin of Oreimo. Personally, I have never watched Oreimo. But judging by the fact that the two series are made my the same author, I wouldn't be surprised.

After watching up till Episode 7, I can say that things are picking up (finally). The first episodes might be a bit slow - but if you enjoy cute girls - go for it.

• Informative 1

@Nectar just asked me if I knew Sagiri's age without looking, I guessed 10 but I looked after and it's actually 12, that doesn't make it any less criminal.

ed4.jpg.d544a2d7f8fe9369218f4db6eb4fea10.jpg

I honestly think I'm just watching this because it gives me Oreimo vibes.

• Like 1

@Nectar just asked me if I knew Sagiri's age without looking, I guessed 10 but I looked after and it's actually 12, that doesn't make it any less criminal.

[ATTACH=full]31343[/ATTACH]

I honestly think I'm just watching this because it gives me Oreimo vibes.

I asked this because I was curious as to whether you'd think the same as I originally did. I guessed similarly, she really does seem younger than she 'is'

And you're right, 12 is not much better than 10 tbf

Lolicon... Seems criminal... Probably should be... Not in Japan :P

Despite feeling uncomfortable on a few occasions, as I previously mentioned in this thread, I still love this anime, it's still super cute and I still have yet to develop any shame

Long live the loli!

I really hate typing on iPhone

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I was not going to watch this but after all the comments on it today and all the hype, I think I'm going to give it a try. :D

I don't even know what to say. Best of luck.

• Funny 1

I think I'm going to give it a try. :D
Excellent, do let me know your reaction, especially after the first few episodes xP

What do you mean? It's only criminal if she doesn't like it

That is... true :D

And I think she loves it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic