Anime character deaths that have made you cry?

Bellage

You must have some favorite characters when you watch the anime,they may not be the protagonist,but their existence brings a lot of affect.When they is killed off,have you cried for them?I have cried for Ace from one piece once,he died for protecting Luffy...

upload_2017-5-12_16-34-27.jpeg.ec3ecf02414e4d191e0ca60dafb4a7ed.jpeg

• Like 1

A lot of things make me cry... Heh. I hate to admit it but anime makes me super emosh. And more often than not, I always choose to attach myself to a character that somehow always gets picked off. :P

The end of Death Parade made me cry. 'Nough said.

Toboe's death from Wolfs Rain. I about literally killed myself. It's funny cause I was just in another thread related to wolf's rain, but this death still haunts me to this day. Literally can't even think about it.

• Like 1

I'm not really one to cry but when I was younger I got very sad when the kid died in Grave of the fireflies anime movie

I cant say I cried but I can say that it was the closest, Isla from Plastic Memories

My friends say I either don't have a heart or it is black as coal.....

Edited by Guest

Nagisa from Clannad both hit me pretty hard.

This one punched me in the gut. Really. Really hard. :'(

That's about the only one that comes to mind that really hit me, though... there are others, no doubt, but they're hiding from me at the moment.

• Like 1

Going with some stereotypical ones, Hughes death in FMA, and Nagisa from Clannad both hit me pretty hard.

This one nuked me. I was a sniveling wreck the next day at work, and people were all like, "Omg, what's wrong?!" I didn't a thing. I mean, really, what am I suppose to say to someone that simply would never understand?!?!?! :'(

• Agree 1

I really want to watch clannad but I need to know sites where I can watch it and see if it will break the wall of tears that have only been hammerd at...

• Like 1

I really want to watch clannad but I need to know sites where I can watch it and see if it will break the wall of tears that have only been hammerd at...

I think you can find it on any anime-streaming site like KissAnime.

For myself, I don't cry as often as I would like to watching shows, but it does happen, and boy, is it enjoyable to have a good cry.

I can't remember the last time I cried over the death of an anime character though. Nowadays, with everything being spoiled right and left on the Internet, I'd almost expect the death coming even without watching the anime.

Surprisingly, I remember not crying over Hughes' death, but ended up crying over Envy's death in FMA: Brotherhood. He (she?) was such a great villain, and his confession at the end just triggered all kinds of feels. I think I cried rewatching that death too.

Nagisa's death and just about almost everyone's death in Key games would make anyone cry though. Poor Fuko... Sniff. It hit me especially hard when Okazaki and Nagisa remembered that they forgot about Fuko...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHCym5ehAas

STOP THE TEARS! :'(

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn3XE2kZsrM

Why can't I hold all these tears...

I think, one thing about Key anime is that, the anime played a huge role in making it much harder not to cry. Key made some of the best and most emotional OSTs. But I think for Ushio's fate, watching it as an adult, as an older audience, the really heartbreaking part was that Ushio's state was not outside the realm of reality. Kids really do die in real life because of being born with a weak body. It's just impossible to watch Ushio's ending again without tearing up when I think about that.

Last but not least...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m_26OkleSY

...goal.

RIP, kokoro.

You know, might be just me, but Key has rarely made me cried as hard outside of Clannad and Air, maybe Kanon. Little Busters had me almost there with Komari's route, but after Little Busters, I don't think Key's Cry-ometer was ever the same again. I also didn't cry watching Angel Beats. :P

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Many of mine have been listed, so I do not think that I can think of any, except maybe Kaori's death at the end of Your Lie in April, though that probably had to do with Arima's sadness during his final piece.

Only two have managed to do it for me so far...

[spoiler=Clannad: After Story]

I think at that point, it was due to so many plausible bad luck factors. The bad snowy weather that had brought things to a standstill, Nagisa's ailing physical health, nobody had done anything inherently wrong and the stage was set for a really beautiful relationship.

Seeing Tomoya's downward spiral after the loss made it even more powerful.

[spoiler=Angel Beats]

When Otonashi was trapped underground in the train with all the other passengers. Again, due to plausible bad luck factors. He was really struggling and pained after the loss of his terminally ill sister. And finally pulled his life together with new ambitions until the train incident.

What really sealed for me was when he decided to consent to organ donation on his card, as at that point after several days they wouldn't make it. But in a really painful twist, just after he passed away the rescue teams finally broke through.

I find it very hard to cry. So, I'll instead go for anime that got me in that area of crushing emotions. I do need to think about this a bit, since there's been a lot of time since I've watched quite a few shows. So, I'll provide two for now and come back later with more.

The first would be to second Hawky's choice. Kamina's death was shocking, since he seemed almost invincible, and emotional. This was increased by how it affected the other characters and their pain, especially Simon.

There's also Chiaki Nanami from the Danganronpa 3 anime, though I admit it might simply be because I'm both a Danganronpa fan and someone who likes Chiaki.

Edited by Guest

There are a large variety of deaths that have made me cry, and I mean a lot from Akame Ga Kill to Itachi's, Neji's Etc Naruto deaths. But Angel beats made me actually stop and think about life so hands down I'ma have to say Angel Beats.

This one nuked me. I was a sniveling wreck the next day at work, and people were all like, "Omg, what's wrong?!" I didn't a thing. I mean, really, what am I suppose to say to someone that simply would never understand?!?!?! :'(

It is kind of hard isn't it? It doesn't matter if you're talking about anime or something else, if someone isn't following what you're watching, they can't really understand how you feel.

When Arcuied Brunestud passed away on Lunar Legend Tsukihime.

I was so down about it for months afterward.

She was such a pure and innocent soul...

Then they took her away from me, away from us, away from everyone ;___;

Still hard to move on from it, even now.

Angel Beats has been mentioned a number of times, and justly. That has quite the number of emotionally crushing deaths and did affect me.

Hmm, I wonder if Mayuri's multiple deaths in Steins Gate count?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hell yeah there is.

The Death of the Greatest General Under The Heavens.

4054572-kingdom-4325537.jpg

I uploaded the manga counterpart because I couldn't find the anime version and including the fact that the manga is better.

4054572-kingdom-4325537.thumb.jpg.9473d7788d9a8c887f569651bf2ccc43.jpg

• Geano locked this topic