AF app?

Greeneyes

Question

9 answers to this question

I think Optic would have to pull more than enough revenue and time to start a task like that. And of course have enough people on board. ^_^

I think Optic would have to pull more than enough revenue and time to start a task like that. And of course have enough people on board. ^_^

True, optic has done a lot it's amazing!

This is true, yes. Although, I'm definitely on board, as an app would be really REALLY useful for me as I have quite a small amount of my day to spend here, and I often squeeze most of it out of my phone. Apps are faster, run smoother, and look cooler.

And then again, I am fantasizing quite an amount here. It really would require a lot of effort, time and money. Although money might not be so much of a problem as I'm sure app production isn't all that expensive if you have the core skills. IF you have them. Otherwise yeah totally xD

@GreenEyes I think it could be worthwhile adding a poll to this thread, you'd probably get more of a response as it's quite an opinionated topic with, when it boils down to it, a 'yes' or a 'no' answer.

And hell yeah I'm all for it :D

• Like 1

It's kinda hard to develop an app which may satisfy all sides and then again, don't really think @Optic will have the time to start this without at least a few main developers who are willing to help.

I like the idea, it's future-oriented and possible to realize.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Creating a mobile app for a single forum doesn't really make any sense, given the amount of work that would have to go into it in order to make it worthwhile... with that said, there are third party apps like Tapatalk and Forum Runner that can enhance the mobile experience of popular forum software, but that's a little different.

Having an exceptionally strong responsive layout is much more down to Earth, and basically just as good imo. I don't tend to browse here on my phone very often though, so I can't really judge what's available.

• Like 1

Isn't there Tapatalk, because a lot of forums seem to make themselves accessible through that and I seem to get pestered about it whenever I look around for things on Google?

An app may not be a bad idea, since this place is not completely useable on a phone, but it might not get very many downloads and developing for iOS and Android are not exactly easy.