Ask brycec

brycec

This may not be the most original thing right now, but I thought that I would try my hand at an ask me anything.

If there is something that you wanted to know, need advice that is a bit more helpful than most, just ask away.

I might give you a serious answer or I might joke around as I reveal my soul, so sit back and take a roll of the dice.

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, if a wood chuck could chuck, I would see it building a wall that can be seen from space that is glorious enough for God to come down and worship it.

Edited by Guest

At this point I could make my own "Ask Sekky~" thread. But let's be real, I won't really answer any of them seriously.

Anyway, how the heck do you pronounce your username?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

At this point I could make my own "Ask Sekky~" thread. But let's be real, I won't really answer any of them seriously.

You say that as though it would be a bad thing. C'mon now.

You say that as though it would be a bad thing. C'mon now.

It's not like any of you would want to ask me something lol.

If I do make a thread like that, it would be filled and overflowing with sarcasm.

Anyway, how the heck do you pronounce your username?

Now you know why I noted it was not exactly original.

You pronounce my username like the famous canyon, and the last letter as itself.

Psh.

And, a question for brycec: Spicy food? Yay or nay?

I do like spicy food, though not too spicy, so we'll go with yay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Favorite Detective Conan movie? How about favorite episode from the TV series?

Movie is easy. My favorite movie like The Phantom of Baker Street.

As for episode, that is kind of hard. I think my current favorite is the following:

http://blog.brycecampbell.me/anime-review-case-closed-episodes-63-64.html

I follow the manga more than the anime these days honestly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
@brycec,

You mentioned being on vacation recently. Where'd you go, and what'd you do? :o

Went to San Diego. My family has a condo there.

It was a pretty boring vacation, since I had work to do (I need to keep my blog active, so people have reason to follow me and possibly get more patrons on Patreon or commission from Amazon, so I can afford things), but I went to Seaport Village, ate out a few times, and exhausted myself too much more than once, and saw a movie

At Seaport village, that serial bless told me "bless you" found me, and visit my cousin.

I have been to San Diego enough times that there is practically nothing new to do, but weather is more agreeable with me than Vegas.

• Like 1

I have been to San Diego enough times that there is practically nothing new to do, but weather is more agreeable with me than Vegas.

You've been to Vegas? How do you like it, apart from the weather?

I went for the buffets. I stayed for the buffets. I left several pounds heavier.

You've been to Vegas? How do you like it, apart from the weather?

I went for the buffets. I stayed for the buffets. I left several pounds heavier.

Been there? I was born and raised there.

Vegas is pretty nice. Only public transit is a bus, and maybe a monorail (not too sure how successful it is). I can get around quite well and have almost complete independence due to my familiarity.

People are fairly nice too. In fact, one person offered their seat to me on the bus, when I could not find any (not only do I have a bad arm, but a bad leg too), and you can practically do anything there.

I also have family, in the blood and paper sense, though they actually are a good family and seem like a real one, as well as a few people that I can consider family in the true sense there, even if they come across sometimes as people that I do not like (e.g. the kind that is trying to get me to be active in my church, beyond just going to talk to people, though I can probably say I enjoy talking with everyone here more, as I get the feeling of being better accepted for me).

Plenty of things to do, no matter the interest, and not as sinful as people believe (the Vegas Strip is in Paradise, NV, not Vegas).

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

How much time do you have for forum-posting per day?

Well, these days, quite a bit, but if I am busy or engrossed in something, then I will not bother. I have logged in a lot recently, though not enough to distract me from what I am doing.

• Like 1

Do you consider yourself a funny person, as in how good is your sense of humor?

I do sometimes consider myself funny, especially when joking around is my main intent.

Many other times, I have had people say I am quite funny when I am trying to be serious too, so it really depends on what my main objective is.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Have you ever read Sherlock Holmes stuff? If so, then what's your favorite mystery.

I read all of Conan Doyle's Sherlock stories, except for one novel and one or two short story collections. The one of those I liked was probably The Memoirs of Sherlock.

Of course, Agatha Christie has impressed me more than Doyle ever has in that genre.

Edited by Guest

Of course, Agatha Christie has impressed me more than Doyle ever has in that genre.

Have you seen the trailer for the upcoming "Murder on the Orient Express" remake?

Have you seen the trailer for the upcoming "Murder on the Orient Express" remake?

Nope, I have not.

I may like titles in the detective, mystery, and crime fiction genres, but that is one thing that I do not pay attention to in the movie realm.

• Like 1

What about the BBC TV series starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock? Have you seen that? As a fan of detective stories myself, that's one of the few live action serial I bothered watching.

What about the BBC TV series starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock? Have you seen that? As a fan of detective stories myself, that's one of the few live action serial I bothered watching.

I have heard of it, from a lot of people talking about it, but never watched it. Last things of Sherlock I saw from a television series were the adaptations featuring Jeremy.

I do not bother watching television too much, other than streaming services.

• Like 1

I do not bother watching television too much, other than streaming services.

I'm guessing that means Netflix or Hulu then? What shows do you usually watch there?