Ask brycec

brycec

I'm guessing that means Netflix or Hulu then? What shows do you usually watch there?

Only have Hulu, Crunchyroll, and FUNimation, but share my sister's Netflix

I usually stick to the anime section, but sometimes I try things out other things, such as Archer (not too appealing) and Big Trouble in Little China (fighting was hilarious).

There are also things I wanted to watch, but were not available anywhere that I could watch on any device.

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of the Black Organization as an antagonist? Do you think they're kinda... shallow?

Also, do you have a favorite villain in detective fiction (for example, Moriarty)?

What do you think of the Black Organization as an antagonist? Do you think they're kinda... shallow?

Also, do you have a favorite villain in detective fiction (for example, Moriarty)?

I think Black Org is still kind of interesting, but after Bell Tree express arc, things got rather shallow. I really wish things kind of picked up after what Vermouth told Mrs. Kudo, as that was the perfect moment to start revealing more about them.

Favorite villain of detective fiction, huh? Let's see. I find Moriarty fairly interesting, which is probably why The Final Problem is one still fairly enjoyable to me, and a close second would be Mr. Brown.

There are one or two others that I like, but they more fit under crime fiction than detective fiction.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Favorite Agatha Christie story?

Also, who is your favorite AC detective? Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, Tommy & Tuppence, or others?

My favorites from Christie?

There are a few, but I would have to say And Then There Were None is the top one.

As for favorite detective, Poirot (after Mysterious Affair at Styles, of course, as that one I really disliked).

the other two you mention by name, I have not read many works featuring them, and Marple tends to come off as a boring detective, according to Gosho's profile of her in DC.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Aside from Detective Conan, what kind of anime do you like to watch? Any other favorites?

Most of my other favorites are listed at the link I provided in my introduction thread, which is probably buried among other intro threads now, so I will post it again, so searching would not be required.

http://brycecampbell.me/anime.html

I also watch a few other Shonen shows, and like My Hero Academia, Steins Gate, Anohana, and Dragon Ball Super.

It is really hard for me to find an interesting anime today though, because a lot of them fail to deliver what I want, or what I wanted to check out was not available for streaming on any of the services I subscribe to.

• Informative 1

Worst injury you ever had?

I tend to be pretty cautious, according to some people, so I do not get hurt too badly, but I would say that I had a bad wound on my chin caused by falling in the shower and probably gave me my third scar, since I needed stitches.

• Like 1

Are you afraid of bugs? Ever been stung or bitten by one?

I am not fond of them, but I would not say so, unless they decided to attack.

As for being bitten or stung, I only remember such a thing happening because I tried killing it first.

• Winner 1

Do you have anyone you go to for advice? In person or online?

Funny enough, most of the people I go to for advice is women, as most of the females I know in real life have been able to put up with my childishness and they have not tried to push me to be something I am not. A lot, but not all, of men have proven to be unreliable for anything but information gathering.

The person I talk to the most when I need help though would be my big sister, who has always been there for me.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Which do you use more often: the dictionary or the thesaurus?

After discovering the define prefix for google, I hardly use a dictionary. Theasuarus I would use if I needed to use another word or if I want something that sounded cooler but expressed what I wanted, though that would come from online searches too.

• Like 1

Theasuarus I would use if I needed to use another word or if I want something that sounded cooler but expressed what I wanted, though that would come from online searches too.

How would you go about searching for a cooler word through online searches though? I had to resort to Thesaurus.com all the time myself.

How would you go about searching for a cooler word through online searches though? I had to resort to Thesaurus.com all the time myself.

I would just run a Google search for synonyms to the word I would have used and see what strikes my fancy and sounds natural.

• Informative 1

During sad moments, what usually cheers you up?

Listening to the Clannad OST would probably work, though I usually stubbornly try to deal with on my own and try not to let many people see, since crying it out would be the wiser path.

• Like 1

What's the one thing you've always wanted? Did you ever get it?

I remember that I was trying to catch up on the Detective Conan manga after finding volume 42 in a bookstore and wanted to close the gap between that and volume 26, but I did not get all of those volumes in between, until I decided to get them myself.

What's the strangest thing you have eaten, if any?

I do not experiment with food too much, but there were two things that came to mind.

First, I had a five cheese pizza once and did not like it because the cheese, which looked like a paste, tasted weird, and not in a good way.

Second, a fettuccini alfredo dish that had green noodles. Did not taste bad, but looked weird.

• Like 1