Ask brycec

brycec

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can enter Doyle's version of Baker Street like Conan did, what's the first thing you would do?

Actually, it was not completely Doyle's version, since some of the facts accepted by the mainstream were present.

I would probably go and locate Sherlock's residence though, since it would be nice to pick his brain, or maybe find Moriarty.

• Like 1

Simple, I would use cult tactics to brainwash somebody I had no actual connection with into believe that I was the prophet of God and have them commit the crime, telling them to purposely leave behind circumstantial evidence that I provide that holds up so well in court that the person I decided to frame for the brainwashed person's murder is convicted and put on death row.

An And Then There Were None set up would be too simple.

• Like 1

Simple, I would use cult tactics to brainwash somebody I had no actual connection with into believe that I was the prophet of God and have them commit the crime, telling them to purposely leave behind circumstantial evidence that I provide that holds up so well in court that the person I decided to frame for the brainwashed person's murder is convicted and put on death row.

I don't know. I feel like Holmes would be suspicious of that brainwashed person's behavior if he digs a little into his background and sees that his personality before and after brainwashing doesn't check out. :P

Speaking of writing the perfect murder in detective fiction, what do you think of Ronald Knox's "Ten Commandments"?

I don't know. I feel like Holmes would be suspicious of that brainwashed person's behavior if he digs a little into his background and sees that his personality before and after brainwashing doesn't check out. :P

You might be right, especially if Sherlock is aware of concepts like the BITE model, but it would be fun to see how Sherlock realizes the person was brainwashed.

Speaking of writing the perfect murder in detective fiction, what do you think of Ronald Knox's "Ten Commandments"?

Actually, I never heard of them, and to look them up, but they do seem to be on the right path to creating a good mystery, though I just view them as a suggestion, since Agatha Christie had Poirot die after committing a crime.

To me, the best detective fiction not only does what Agatha Christie did, but it executes things as close to perfect as possible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
What's one of your favourite animes of this current new Summer 2017 season?

Have not really gotten far enough into any of the new shows to really say. Most of what I have been liking were the leftovers, like Sakura Quest.

You get a fire breathing golden goldfish. What are you gonna do with it?

Not too sure there is too much I can do. Assuming the fire is not affected by water, I would train it to kill trepassers, build a giant moat that is next to impossible not to fall into, and finally install cameras so that I could watch as people realize what will become of them.

You see a policeman outside your house and you're tied up by your fire breathing goldfish (I did mention it has hands, didn't I?). You can't scream or run, and the policeman can't see you. How are you gonna get out?

Nope, you did not mention hands. Would have changed my scenario.

I would probably wait around a bit, to make sure I am not be watched, try to get my good hand free by rubbing again something, then, if I did not fatigue myself too much, gut the goldfish alive with a smirk on my face, making sure it knows that it did not do good enough.

What's your favourite of the four seasons?

Probably spring. I can be out a bit longer than in summer, winter.

• Like 1

Do you get along well with your neighbours?

Don't talk to them too much, but I can say we are not on bad terms.

Should I change my new profile pic? Is it better that the one before? If so, why?

Your current one was weird, as I was used to the old one, but it is fine. You do not need to change.

• Like 1