Ask brycec

brycec

Are you of student age and currently off for the summer break at the moment?

Not really going to answer the age part, as you can look that up yourself through what I have accessible on the Internet (not found on my blog of course), but I have graduated college with a 2-year degree and trying to get a stable income doing what I like, since what people call "9 to 5 jobs" here, regardless of actual hours and times, never do have me feeling satisfied or that I contributed anything.

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, forgive me for not checking your profile for your age until now, my bad, you're only 5 years younger than me...Again, I'm super super sorry!!! :blush:

It's okay, I just do not always like to repeat myself if I revealed something somewhere else. I was not really that mad.

Do you have a favourite book author yourself? :)

I like quite a few writers, one of whom I actually interviewed personally at a link I will provide in this post, but none that really stand out or satisfied me with everything they released. They are, as follows:

Weston Kincade

Agatha Christie

Jun Mochizuki

Hiromu Arakawa

Gosho Aoyama (early portion of Detective Conan, a few shorts that inspired some hilarious OVAs, and Magic Kaito only)

Yeah, it is mostly mangaka, so it might not be what you were looking for, but two have them have been able to write fairly interesting stories, Christie seems like she can write interesting cases more often than Gosho, and Weston seems to deliver realistic characters and is good at providing enough detail to create images in your mind.

As for the interview, which was with Weston Kincade, the address is below, if you want to see it.

http://blog.brycecampbell.me/author-interview-weston-kincade.html

• Like 1

What were some of your favourite subjects at school?

I think the computer and history courses were my favorite. I actually was not big into writing, until after high school.

What one thing In life do you wish you could change and why?

I think joining the church that I belong to would be that, because I was a naive kid when I joined and not really satisfied with it, now that I have a better, though still not complete, understanding of how humans work.

Other than that, nothing, because I am happy the way things are.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Right on :) Any fun plans this weekend? :)

Wish I did, but I am pretty busy with getting reading in for the reviews. A writer that I recently decided to test out contacted me and ask for some help, since I reviewed their latest for, and promised that I would be able to help as soon as I could.

• Like 1

Do you know if Renee has now left the forum for good? It certainly looks that way as he has removed himself completely from following me and has also deleted the message that he initially left me on my profile on my return too...It's nothing against me personally is it do you know? :?

Do you know if Renee has now left the forum for good? It certainly looks that way as he has removed himself completely from following me and has also deleted the message that he initially left me on my profile on my return too...It's nothing against me personally is it do you know? :?

Don't talk to him, so I do not know and there were no hints of him being active somewhere else like Orius.

• Like 1

Ah ok, fair enough then :) Have you seen the new Wonder Woman movie? :D

Nope, superhero movies are my least favorite kind of movies out there, because, just like the most generic anime, they do not have too much creativity and the storylines are not that great.

• Like 1

Fair enough :) What are your favourite types of movie to watch? :)

I mostly like comedies, as the other kinds of stories I like do not translate well into visual medium. Yes, they can be just as uncreative and generic, but the comedy itself can still be good, if it is done right.

• Like 1

If the smartest person on the world told you that you're the smartest, not him/her, what would you do?

Probably be suspicious, as I know I am not, but I would still be glad to hear such a compliment.

How are you doing today? :)

Health-wise, good, but, otherwise, not good. I want my quiet and not getting it, not to mention I am technically being forced to go to church (if I don't the family will try to use elements of the BITE model to convince me that I should go), when I just want to finish reading the book I was asked to read and review, so that I can finally have a day off.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Are you not an overly religious person?

Nope, I technically hate religion as it is now. I do believe God exists, but if you saw Dark Matter 2525's God & Jeffery series, the way he presents God is exactly the being I picture when religious people talk about God, as they think we need church to be happy, when religion is only supposed to help man rediscover the courage to continue living their lives, and, in the case of the church I attend, they try to say that I will not be happy unless I do what they say is right.

• Like 1