• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<3

Serious question:

Have you tried Thai food yet? If not, why not? :D

Not yet! I've been much too busy. Also, I'm currently in my hometown, which does not have any Thai places. I was thinking either Monday or Tuesday I'd eat out anyway (going back to Tim's on Monday), so maybe I'll grab some Thai along the way!

• Friendly 1

Don't take this the wrong way but... are Canadians as polite as people say? Would you know how it compares to Japanese politeness? Also, do you really have free medical service? Does it cause problems having such a free service, or is it helpful?

Don't take this the wrong way but... are Canadians as polite as people say? Would you know how it compares to Japanese politeness? Also, do you really have free medical service? Does it cause problems having such a free service, or is it helpful?

There are definitely some rude Canadians! I wouldn't know how our politeness compares to other cultures though.

Our basic medical is generally covered by taxes. People with low income (I fall into that category) have a bit more coverage. But our medical certainly isn't free! It can get quite expensive, especially with prescriptions and hospital visits. However, you aren't denied medical attention. You get treatment first and then the bill. But many employers provide a medical plan for their workers.

I like knowing that if there's ever anything wrong, I won't be denied treatment.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

So I was browsing through my phone and came across a document I had forgotten about. It's 50 questions I answered about myself, that get a bit personal. I did a quick update (only three questions were adjusted, my answers remained the same for the rest) and have decided to share it here.

[spoiler=50 Questions]

1. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that has made you a stronger person?

I moved across the country and lived away from home for two years. The experience made me truly appreciate where home is and properly enjoy its beauty. It also showed me that I'm capable of facing change and strong enough to persevere even when I feel weak.

2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?

At a previous job I was in such an environment that can make you feel like nothing other than a drone or a number. It wasn't a job worth being so upset over, so I ended up feeling very weak and hopeless when I struggled to keep my head above the water.

3. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?

I've always felt most like myself at home, wherever that may be. Home is where the heart is and I feel that it's at home where my own self has the best opportunity to shine.

4. Where is your favorite place to escape to?

Anywhere away from the city. I've come to really appreciate smaller, quieter towns. Hell, put me in the middle of nowhere and I'll be peachy!

5. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?

Definitely my parents. They've always had my back and encourage me to live my life however I am most happy.

6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

Sometimes I wish I was less emotional. But then, that's just another part of me and not something to be ashamed of. If I had to choose one thing to change about myself, then I'd hope for more self-confidence.

7. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?

I'd strive to have a peaceful and happy day and treat myself.

8. What decade do you feel you most belong in?

I've never thought that I belong in any decades other than the ones I already exist in.

9. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?

Definitely my mum. We get along awesome and she's one of my best friends.

10. Who is the one person in this world that knows you best?

This one is easy, the only one that knows me best is myself.

11. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?

She's honest and won't talk behind your back. She's always forward and direct and truly cares about her friends wellbeing.

12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?

I thought I'd be a mechanic of some sort, probably heavy duty.

13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be?

I've never really put much thought into identifying with fictional characters.

14. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?

I don't hate compliments, but they can make me uncomfortable. I'm not confident enough in myself to believe nice things said about me.

15. Is your favorite attribute about yourself physical or non-physical?

I'd have to say non-physical.

16. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?

I guess my legs are okay.

17. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?

I like to think I have a big heart and am a loving person.

18. Do you believe in love at first sight?

No, to me that sounds like you could glance at someone in passing and suddenly be in love. Maybe love at first meeting? But even then it sounds like a stretch.

19. Do you believe in soul mates?

I do! However, I don't think someone's soul mate will just suddenly appear. I believe it's something that takes honest effort to achieve.

20. How seriously do you take horoscopes?

When it comes to any sort of prediction horoscopes, then I couldn't possibly care less. I do believe there is some truth behind horoscope personalities though.

21. Have you ever been in love? How many times?

Of course! Well, a few times. It's not like I bother to keep count.

22. What makes you fall in love with someone?

Compatibility and how safe I feel giving them my heart.

23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?

I think vulnerability is when you feel weak, even if you're not actually weak. My own emotions can make me feel quite vulnerable.

24. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a man, but really want to?

If it's men in general, then I'm not really afraid to ask them anything. If it's a man I'm romantically involved with, then I'm always afraid to ask if they love me, even if I really want to know.

25. If you were a man for a day, what would be the first thing you do?

I tried thinking of a thoughtful, maybe even unique, answer. But, honestly I'd probably make playing with myself my top priority.

26. What do you find most attractive about each sex?

With men, I've always been attracted to their scent and how they taste (kissing especially). With women, I really like their curves and softness.

27. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?

Fishing! I've only ever gone when I was a kid, and it was a lot of fun. It seems like such an enjoyable activity and calm.

28. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?

Design a house and build it.

29. Why haven’t you done it yet?

I guess it's just not really something I ever saw as an option for myself.

30. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?

If money isn't an issue, then would I need to have a dream job? I'd love to have my own garden full of vegetables.

31. If you had off from work today, what would you do?

Sort through my stuff and get rid of unneeded and forgotten items.

32. What was the last thing that made you cry?

When I moved back to BC and the plane came down below the clouds for landing. Seeing the familiar landscape and knowing I was finally coming home was a bit overwhelming for me. (Positive response felt most fitting for this one)

33. What was the last thing that made you laugh?

I laughed a lot with my cousins Angie and Payge at a birthday party.

34. What is your favorite memory?

My favourite memory is the first time I went to the movies with Tim. I treated him to the movie and didn't really think anything of it. He responded though like it was one of the most awesome things ever, and it really got to me. It showed me that even something little can have a big impact on someone. It serves as a constant reminder to myself to appreciate the small things in life.

35. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?

I drank way too much at a birthday party and wound up spilling out my heart to Tim through text.

36. What is your biggest fear?

I'm fairly scared of the dark when I'm alone. I've since learned it's not the dark I'm afraid of, it's being alone.

37. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one?

I wish that I had applied myself better in school.

38. Have you ever broken a law? If you haven’t what is one law you’d love to break?

I've had sex outside, but I was never caught.

39. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

I moved across the country on little more than a whim.

40. Would you have a conversation with a stranger?

I've done it plenty of times while on public transit.

41. Would you tell a stranger they have toilet paper hanging from their shoe? Or their dress tucked into their underwear? (Or anything else that is embarrassing to be seen in public)?

Of course, I've even done it before already.

42. What’s your favorite joke?

What's black and white, black and white, black and white? Penguin rolling down a hill. What's black and white and laughing? The penguin that pushed him.

43. Are you a dog person or a cat person?

I love both a lot and even grew up with three dogs and two cats.

44. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?

A giraffe!

45. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?

I really like Toy Story.

46. How do you think your parents would describe you as a child?

Mum always said she was glad that I wasn't like her when she was that age, so I guess I was a good kid.

47. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?

I don't think I'd want to go back because all that happened is what made me who I am today and allowed me to meet who I have.

48. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?

I don't think wedding vows should be said in front of other people. I believe they should be said in private because they're not meant for anyone else.

49. What’s one thing you would say that makes you unique from other people?

I would say I'm pretty average without anything that really stands out to make me unique.

50. What is one thing you feel your life is missing?

A sense of self-worth.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 1

Where can I get one of those robots? I need it for the next time I go to Costco

I want one myself, but, unfortunately, it does not exist.

Somebody needs to make one really badly.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Dealing with people :P

Can't agree enough with this. People in general are frustrating to me, because they cannot respect my need for concentration and do not realize that I may have answered their question.

*hesitantly pokes in*

Hiya. ^^;

What's your favorite color? Top three if it isn't purple?

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

*hesitantly pokes in*

Hiya. ^^;

What's your favorite color? Top three if it isn't purple?

Ohmygodmyfavouriteispurpleeeeeeeeeeee

But I'll list my top three anyway~

1) PURPLE

2) PINK

3) EVERY OTHER COLOUR

<3

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

1) PURPLE

Yay! That's really amazing, actually. I somehow managed to not notice that your favorite color was purple, despite sort of stalking you around this site for the last few weeks.

Do you have any favorite music groups/singers?

• Like 1

Yay! That's really amazing, actually. I somehow managed to not notice that your favorite color was purple, despite sort of stalking you around this site for the last few weeks.

Do you have any favorite music groups/singers?

Yes! I love being stalked ^-^

It would be impossible for me to choose a favourite. What I listen to varies quite a lot throughout the year xD

(Right now my Spotify playlist is a mixture of power metal, Kpop, classical, pop, edm, and whatever skrillex falls into)

• Friendly 1

Other than Costco, what places do you hate with a passion?

At this particular moment I am in such a contented state of bliss, I don't think I could hate anywhere like this. I bet I could even enjoy a trip to Costco while in this state

• Like 1

At this particular moment I am in such a contented state of bliss, I don't think I could hate anywhere like this. I bet I could even enjoy a trip to Costco while in this state

That's good. I don't want you rousing the suspicions of the police and/or the Canadian equivalent of the FBI.

(Did a quick search and found out that only police would cause grief, due to Canda not having two different law enforcement agencies).

Edited by Guest