Ask a Zoop

zoop

This one made me laugh a bit. I can see that being boring, probably boring as my opponents feel when I decimate them with an endless, horrid chain in Dominion.

@Cy~ nearly gnawed my face off after I beat her several times while introducing her to the game. xD

However, there are also those that do not realize how good we have it now, regardless of age, gender, disability/ailment, etc. It might not be perfect, but thinking about what the past was like makes you grateful for what we have now.

Agreed. Totally agreed. Completely agreed.

I like modern conveniences, I like modern equality, and all that jazz.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would you want with you, other than your spouse, Cy~, if you were stranded on an island?

I'll assume that food / water wouldn't be an issue, given some wits. How many items are permitted? I guess a good knife would be good for utility purposes? Then maybe a magnesium fire starter? :?

Touhou Question!

Which do you prefer?

Yuyuko.

33206dce76695becfb6f4ac6465d71e5.thumb.jpg.92b679f775e40c3402b3569090c0a488.jpg

... wait, that wasn't the question. Oh. Okay.

Sanae or Reimu?

Reimu all the way. I need her homing attacks in order to actually get anywhere in those games.

Marisa or Patchy?

Pff... Marisa sure as heck didn't steal my precious thing - Patchy all the way.

Remilia or Flandre?

Remilia, by far. Flanre's wings are just weird. :?

• Like 2

I'll assume that food / water wouldn't be an issue, given some wits. How many items are permitted? I guess a good knife would be good for utility purposes? Then maybe a magnesium fire starter? :?

Make it somewhat easy, yet challenging, and say that it must all fit in only one backpack.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Make it somewhat easy, yet challenging, and say that it must all fit in only one backpack.

That definitely clarifies things. In that case... small first-aid kit, assorted tools, emergency shelter, thermal blankets, a few bottles of water, some fortified food (to keep us going as we figure out what to do about local sources), compass, good knife, rope, and a pistol, because why not? Compact enough to fit in just fine, and might come in handy for something or another. Small ax, too?

My backpack already contains most* of these things for when we go hiking (in large part because @Cy~ tends to be very safety-minded... especially compared to me), with room to spare, so I know it'd fit. xD

* I'll leave it up to your imagination which are and are not part of our regular load.

• Agree 1

That definitely clarifies things. In that case... small first-aid kit, assorted tools, emergency shelter, thermal blankets, a few bottles of water, some fortified food (to keep us going as we figure out what to do about local sources), compass, good knife, rope, and a pistol, because why not? Compact enough to fit in just fine, and might come in handy for something or another. Small ax, too?

My backpack already contains most* of these things for when we go hiking (in large part because @Cy~ tends to be very safety-minded... especially compared to me), with room to spare, so I know it'd fit. xD

* I'll leave it up to your imagination which are and are not part of our regular load.

That all sounds fine. The pistol might jam or misfire, so be sure to keep that knife sharp.

• Agree 1

That all sounds fine. The pistol might jam or misfire, so be sure to keep that knife sharp.

Yeeeah, wouldn't really want to rely on something that has a finite number of uses in that sort of situation. Figure if I get a full backpack worth of stuff though, I might as well toss it in. xD

• Agree 2

Where were you hurtling from? I know you're perpetually hurtling towards Earth, but there's gotta be a start point where you began the hurtling... right? :P

• Agree 1

Where were you hurtling from? I know you're perpetually hurtling towards Earth, but there's gotta be a start point where you began the hurtling... right? :P

correspondence-sigil.png.cbfa1cff7ea2cd6fb221f96b72d8b2c1.png

The member title is a vague reference to Fallen London, a narrative driven online game that plays sort of like a drip-fed visual novel. Fallen London takes place in an alternate 1895 (if I'm not mistaken), in which Queen Victoria sold out the city to metaphorical devils in exchange for the life of Prince Albert, causing the city to sink beneath the surface into an underground chasm of impossible size wherein the laws of reality are only vaguely enforced. Death is generally a temporary nuisance, hell is right down the river, the devils maintain an embassy in London, the best engineers tend to be over sized rats, and you should probably be incredibly concerned if you find yourself becoming unaccountably peckish.

More specifically, the member title, forever hurtling toward the Earth, is the translation of a correspondence sigil. As for what the correspondence is, there are a number of theories, though they don't tend to explain the tendency for the sigils to cause anything they're etched on to catch fire:

They say it's the letter the Pope wrote, the one without which Rome would have been the Fourth City.

They say if you read it your eyes boil and your hair turns the white of old ice

They say it's the only way down here you can ever see starlight.

They say it's the only sure way to tell the weight of your soul.

They say you can see it in Mrs Plenty's mirrors.

They say it's the mathematics of Hell.

They say it's the geography of Time.

They say it's a trap that someone found inscribed on a wall in the First City, and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide that you're God, to the considerable detriment of your social life.

They say it was invented wholesale by a honey-sipper sitting giggling in a cramped and filthy room on Hollow Street, and it's been driving gullible scholars insane ever since.

None of these are actually true, of course, but as far as the random lore blurbs that are randomly displayed on the side of the screen while playing go, I find them fairly amusing. There are a couple things that are certain, however - they're etched all over the roof of the neath, and upon the pillars surrounding the avid horizon in the far North. And they were never really intended for human consumption.

But, as to the point of why it is my member title ... look, I'll be honest - I'm an utter, worthlessly slobbering, mildly obsessed, complete and utter fanatic for the universe that Fallen London (and Sunless Sea) take place in, as well as the writing style employed within it.

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 2

So I'm thinking of making a product similar to Flubber (that green sentient goop that bounces everywhere) and naming it "zoop". Would you be okay with that? :D

Alright, I've put your wife to the test, now let's see if you'll take up the challenge as well!

[spoiler=50 Questions]

1. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that has made you a stronger person?

2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?

3. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?

4. Where is your favorite place to escape to?

5. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?

6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

7. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?

8. What decade do you feel you most belong in?

9. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?

10. Who is the one person in this world that knows you best?

11. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?

12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?

13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be?

14. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?

15. Is your favorite attribute about yourself physical or non-physical?

16. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?

17. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?

18. Do you believe in love at first sight?

19. Do you believe in soul mates?

20. How seriously do you take horoscopes?

21. Have you ever been in love? How many times?

22. What makes you fall in love with someone?

23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?

24. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a man, but really want to?

25. If you were a man for a day, what would be the first thing you do?

26. What do you find most attractive about each sex?

27. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?

28. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?

29. Why haven’t you done it yet?

30. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?

31. If you had off from work today, what would you do?

32. What was the last thing that made you cry?

33. What was the last thing that made you laugh?

34. What is your favorite memory?

35. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?

36. What is your biggest fear?

37. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one?

38. Have you ever broken a law? If you haven’t what is one law you’d love to break?

39. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

40. Would you have a conversation with a stranger?

41. Would you tell a stranger they have toilet paper hanging from their shoe? Or their dress tucked into their underwear? (Or anything else that is embarrassing to be seen in public)?

42. What’s your favorite joke?

43. Are you a dog person or a cat person?

44. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?

45. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?

46. How do you think your parents would describe you as a child?

47. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?

48. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?

49. What’s one thing you would say that makes you unique from other people?

50. What is one thing you feel your life is missing?

• Friendly 1

questions

Oh Gawd. I apologize if my answers aren't really that great. I have a hard time coming up with responses to some of these sorts of questions. @_@

Here goes, though. I hope it isn't too much of a buzz kill.

I think joining the company I last worked for as a low-level warehouse worker, eventually becoming the de-facto assistant manager of said warehouse, going on from there to running their lockshop and overseeing and maintaining the keying systems for several thousand local businesses - banks, schools, restaurants, you name it... and from going from doing that, to running their entire IT department, and being responsible for the IBM mainframe that ran every aspect of their business. With no formal training. No pressure.

... it was horrifyingly stressful, to the point that I think I was kind of falling apart, but holy hell was it a confidence boost to be able to claw my way up from nothing.

2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?

Mm... there have been several occasions during which I have had to very slowly open my eyes to the fact that I was living my life in complete and utter denial about who I was... resulting in feeling extremely weak, helpless, and irritated with existence as a whole.

My apartment! I'm so completely and utterly relaxed and just... myself, that it's a bit silly at times. Other than that though, the internet.

Hrm... does sleep count? I sometimes think of it as an escape.

Proooobably my wife, Cy~. She has basically been monumentally important in helping me to shed my self denial and come to terms with who I am.

I'd love to be less socially cowardly. ^^;

Mexican food. Chips, salsa, guacamole, enchiladas, and carne asada. Fuck it, if I'm going to be dying shortly, I need to get all my favorites in.

This decade. I am so completely and utterly disinterested in any other decade for a wide multitude of reasons. I like being married, for one thing.

My parents. Is that a boring answer? It's true, though... we've always gotten along absurdly well. Meanwhile, I've never been particularly close to my other family members.

Cy~, straight up.

I ... don't actually know who I should consider to be my best friend. I don't really have much in the way of friends, to be honest.

12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?

An independent millionaire. Somehow that just didn't end up happening. Sad!

13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be?

Oh God, I don't even know. I generally rely on Cy~'s analysis to tell me which characters I'm most, and least, like. ^^;

I accept them! I love them! I just don't know how to respond to them, and my first instinct is to be all like "naww, I'm not that great with (whatever)"

Cy~ has slowly been breaking me of this habit though, allowing me to be a little more graceful when accepting compliments.

Since starting to hike again, I've come to greatly appreciate my ridiculous trail abilities. Apparently my ridiculous displays of speed and agility while hopping down the last trail we went, on the way down was turning a lot of heads.

Athleticism. Despite the fact that I'm extraordinarily out of practice and by most metrics fairly out of shape, I'm still able to perform surprisingly well with a lot of things. I wish I'd done a better job of nurturing this in recent years, but it's never too late to start!

I like that I am, with many things, a jack of all trades. I can pick up new skills fairly easily.

I don't know. Cy~ hated me at first sight. Does that count?

I think I'm sitting right nex to her. <3

I don't actually read them! With that said, I am a cancer upon this planet.

Infatuation? Too damn many times. Gah. Love? Legit love? Just once!

Their personality, their intelligence, their interests and likes. The external stuff is nice, too.

23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?

Too damn many things. I have weak-points all over. Heck, in a lot of ways I'm a walking weak-point. If I were a boss in a shmup I'd be fucked.

I... don't actually know?

Contact the nearest transgender services provider, post-haste.

Women are basically incredible, beautiful, delightful creatures. Men aren't really my cup of tea. ^^;;;;

Language, I think. I'd like to take up Japanese at some point prior to visiting.

Have a boat, with a kitchen, bedroom, and sitting space below deck. Spend a few days out on the water. <3

Dosh. Or lack thereof.

Unemployment. :D

Welllll... I don't actually work, so... ^^;

Too many things make me cry for me to really remember or keep track of them! Movies, music, casual conversation, self reflection. It can be inconvenient at times!

I don't know! I have a hard time remembering laughter because ... well, it comes so naturally.

Christmas, 1989. My poor ass family was gifted an NES by a comparatively well to do uncle. Suddenly... video games.

I had a conversation recently in which I ended up opening up about something that I don't generally talk with people about.

I think I've cited failure here, in the past... but, I think in reality it's rejection. I'm terrified of being rejected.

Not being true to myself earlier in life.

38. Have you ever broken a law? If you haven’t what is one law you’d love to break?

I've broken plenty of laws, to be honest. Nothing horribly nefarious, really, just minor stuff. I don't really know what law I'd like to break, though... if I were free of repurcussions, maybe bank robbery? Get some of that sweet, sweet cash money.

Threw away a job that was eight years in the making, and dropped everything in my life to move to Washington with Cy~, I think. :D

Face to face? I don't tend to converse much with people I know. I keep my earbuds in my ears, regardless if I'm listening to anything, as a way to clue people into the fact that I'm probably not interested in talking to anyone. Yeah, I'm one of those people.

41. Would you tell a stranger they have toilet paper hanging from their shoe? Or their dress tucked into their underwear? (Or anything else that is embarrassing to be seen in public)?

... I'd like to say that I would, but in reality I'd probably just stop and stare.

I don't know! Any time I joke around, it's always very spur of the moment and not something I put a lot of thought into beforehand.

Dogs can go to hell. Cats are wonderful.

A very pampered house cat owned by a very rich person. Spoil me. <3

My favorite movie on the planet is called The Handmaiden. It's a Korean film, sort of a mystery/thriller sort of thing... it's also a lesbian romance, one that is shockingly well done. So why would I be embarrassed about it? If you look at any of the trailers available to it, all they do is highlight the sexual aspects... which is honestly infuriatingly irritating, because there's so damn much more to the movie than that! D:

No need to think about it - lazy! :D

47. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?

Ten years or so, so that I could jump onto the Bitcoin bangwagon the second it became a thing... and to tweak certain aspects of my life. I'd have to go back in coordination with Cy~ though, so that we could make sure that we still got together... otherwise the butterfly effect could be a total bitch.

Religion, I guess? I'm not an atheist, though my beliefs tend to be a little off the beaten path.

The way I think, I think. Cy~ often compliments me for being able to intuitively grasp things that are difficult for a lot of people to get their brains around.

A charcoal grill and smoker. Damn this apartment for not allowing me to make the most of our patio. xD

:?

Edited by Guest
  • Friendly 2

Oh Gawd. I apologize if my answers aren't really that great. I have a hard time coming up with responses to some of these sorts of questions. @_@

Here goes, though. I hope it isn't too much of a buzz kill.

I think joining the company I last worked for as a low-level warehouse worker, eventually becoming the de-facto assistant manager of said warehouse, going on from there to running their lockshop and overseeing and maintaining the keying systems for several thousand local businesses - banks, schools, restaurants, you name it... and from going from doing that, to running their entire IT department, and being responsible for the IBM mainframe that ran every aspect of their business. With no formal training. No pressure.

... it was horrifyingly stressful, to the point that I think I was kind of falling apart, but holy hell was it a confidence boost to be able to claw my way up from nothing.

Mm... there have been several occasions during which I have had to very slowly open my eyes to the fact that I was living my life in complete and utter denial about who I was... resulting in feeling extremely weak, helpless, and irritated with existence as a whole.

My apartment! I'm so completely and utterly relaxed and just... myself, that it's a bit silly at times. Other than that though, the internet.

Hrm... does sleep count? I sometimes think of it as an escape.

Proooobably my wife, Cy~. She has basically been monumentally important in helping me to shed my self denial and come to terms with who I am.

I'd love to be less socially cowardly. ^^;

Mexican food. Chips, salsa, guacamole, enchiladas, and carne asada. f**** it, if I'm going to be dying shortly, I need to get all my favorites in.

This decade. I am so completely and utterly disinterested in any other decade for a wide multitude of reasons. I like being married, for one thing.

My parents. Is that a boring answer? It's true, though... we've always gotten along absurdly well. Meanwhile, I've never been particularly close to my other family members.

Cy~, straight up.

I ... don't actually know who I should consider to be my best friend. I don't really have much in the way of friends, to be honest.

An independent millionaire. Somehow that just didn't end up happening. Sad!

Oh God, I don't even know. I generally rely on Cy~'s analysis to tell me which characters I'm most, and least, like. ^^;

I accept them! I love them! I just don't know how to respond to them, and my first instinct is to be all like "naww, I'm not that great with (whatever)"

Cy~ has slowly been breaking me of this habit though, allowing me to be a little more graceful when accepting compliments.

Since starting to hike again, I've come to greatly appreciate my ridiculous trail abilities. Apparently my ridiculous displays of speed and agility while hopping down the last trail we went, on the way down was turning a lot of heads.

Athleticism. Despite the fact that I'm extraordinarily out of practice and by most metrics fairly out of shape, I'm still able to perform surprisingly well with a lot of things. I wish I'd done a better job of nurturing this in recent years, but it's never too late to start!

I like that I am, with many things, a jack of all trades. I can pick up new skills fairly easily.

I don't know. Cy~ hated me at first sight. Does that count?

I think I'm sitting right nex to her. <3

I don't actually read them! With that said, I am a cancer upon this planet.

Infatuation? Too damn many times. Gah. Love? Legit love? Just once!

Their personality, their intelligence, their interests and likes. The external stuff is nice, too.

Too damn many things. I have weak-points all over. Heck, in a lot of ways I'm a walking weak-point. If I were a boss in a shmup I'd be fucked.

I... don't actually know?

Contact the nearest transgender services provider, post-haste.

Women are basically incredible, beautiful, delightful creatures. Men aren't really my cup of tea. ^^;;;;

Language, I think. I'd like to take up Japanese at some point prior to visiting.

Have a boat, with a kitchen, bedroom, and sitting space below deck. Spend a few days out on the water. <3

Dosh. Or lack thereof.

Unemployment. :D

Welllll... I don't actually work, so... ^^;

Too many things make me cry for me to really remember or keep track of them! Movies, music, casual conversation, self reflection. It can be inconvenient at times!

I don't know! I have a hard time remembering laughter because ... well, it comes so naturally.

Christmas, 1989. My poor ass family was gifted an NES by a comparatively well to do uncle. Suddenly... video games.

I had a conversation recently in which I ended up opening up about something that I don't generally talk with people about.

I think I've cited failure here, in the past... but, I think in reality it's rejection. I'm terrified of being rejected.

Not being true to myself earlier in life.

I've broken plenty of laws, to be honest. Nothing horribly nefarious, really, just minor stuff. I don't really know what law I'd like to break, though... if I were free of repurcussions, maybe bank robbery? Get some of that sweet, sweet cash money.

Threw away a job that was eight years in the making, and dropped everything in my life to move to Washington with Cy~, I think. :D

Face to face? I don't tend to converse much with people I know. I keep my earbuds in my ears, regardless if I'm listening to anything, as a way to clue people into the fact that I'm probably not interested in talking to anyone. Yeah, I'm one of those people.

... I'd like to say that I would, but in reality I'd probably just stop and stare.

I don't know! Any time I joke around, it's always very spur of the moment and not something I put a lot of thought into beforehand.

Dogs can go to hell. Cats are wonderful.

A very pampered house cat owned by a very rich person. Spoil me. <3

My favorite movie on the planet is called The Handmaiden. It's a Korean film, sort of a mystery/thriller sort of thing... it's also a lesbian romance, one that is shockingly well done. So why would I be embarrassed about it? If you look at any of the trailers available to it, all they do is highlight the sexual aspects... which is honestly infuriatingly irritating, because there's so damn much more to the movie than that! D:

No need to think about it - lazy! :D

Ten years or so, so that I could jump onto the Bitcoin bangwagon the second it became a thing... and to tweak certain aspects of my life. I'd have to go back in coordination with Cy~ though, so that we could make sure that we still got together... otherwise the butterfly effect could be a total bitch.

Religion, I guess? I'm not an atheist, though my beliefs tend to be a little off the beaten path.

The way I think, I think. Cy~ often compliments me for being able to intuitively grasp things that are difficult for a lot of people to get their brains around.

A charcoal grill and smoker. Damn this apartment for not allowing me to make the most of our patio. xD

:?

Oh my god those are beautiful answers. In regards to the best friend thing

Would you say Cy~ is your best friend? :)

• Friendly 1

Boo, you ignored my last question. :'( Oh well, it wasn't exactly a serious question anyway... so here's one for you:

What do you think of... Zootopia?

:smirk:

oo, you ignored my last question. :'( Oh well, it wasn't exactly a serious question anyway... so here's one for you:

What do you think of... Zootopia?

Oh jeez, that was actually entirely unintentional - sorry. I was a little tired the other day.

As for Zootopia, I actually really - really - liked it. It was one of the rare movies that Cy~ and I went to see in a theater twice. :D

• Like 2

If you don't mind, please complete the following sentence:

"I am indeed a fan of Taylor Swift. If you find this disagreeable, please feel fr-"

Btw, I like You Belong With Me and Bad Blood. ;)

If you don't mind, please complete the following sentence:

"I am indeed a fan of Taylor Swift. If you find this disagreeable, please feel fr-"

Btw, I like You Belong With Me and Bad Blood. ;)

I would, but like, it'd probably be against the forum rules. :'(

Trashy pop can be utterly delightful. <3

• Like 1

What do you consider to be "trashy pop" though?

Pop in general, I suppose. I don't really mean it as an insult, so much as a joke considering how a lot of folks tend to very enthusiastically be like "omg i h8 pop" when describing their musical tastes. Then again I also like rap and hiphop, which tends to get the same sort of attention, so what do I know? x)

Ever sold or donated your blood? If not, would you want to?

I haven't, no - I'm afraid I have a significant aversion to blood draws, albeit not from for any rational cause or reason. I'm not super fond of needles to begin with, but while injections don't bother me too much, draws are just... @_@

Which is kind of terrible, because blood and plasma donations are wonderful things to do. :'(

• Agree 1

Ever been in a food fight?

I ... can't actually say that I have been! I'm generally more interested in sitting down, shutting up, and eating my food than I am in trying to use it as a projectile weapon. :D

Besides, sounds messy. :P

• Informative 1