Ask a Zoop

zoop

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you religious? If so, what religion are you? If not, what's your stance towards religion? Atheism or agnostic?

This I would to know too. I can only have a few guesses, but they might all be wrong.

• Like 2

A friend that I met at church, and seems to now not want anything to do with me anymore because she did more than she was asked and could not really accept me, told me once that restaurants in the State where you live charge for water. Why is that?

This ... is new to me. I'm a massive foodie, so I've been to a ton of restaurants all over this part of Washington, but I've never been charged for water, ever. o__o

I'm not really sure where she got that impression, to be honest... the only time I've paid for water has been if it were bottled, or something of that sort.

Are you religious? If so, what religion are you? If not, what's your stance towards religion? Atheism or agnostic?

I'm an extremely liberal, non-denominational, anti-establishment Christian that, even if not for the fact that I'm a lesbian, would probably be condemned to hell by most people due to having very non-conforming opinions on everything. Without getting into any details on anything (overt religious/political discussion isn't really encouraged in the forum guidelines), I'm not really a fan of organized religion, often tend to dislike the sort of people that like to scream at the top of their lungs about their religious devotions (since, really, those tend to be the people that don't exactly have nice things to say about the very concept of my existence), generally keep to myself where religion is concerned (I actually lost a long-time 'friend' due, in large part, to the fact that I wasn't a fire breathing atheist that hates anything and everything to do with all concepts of religion... and in part due to the fact that he had a very weird hatred for Cy~), and don't tend to worry all that much about what other people do.

Basically I just do my own thing, damn whatever anyone else thinks about it.

• Like 2

Okay, like... How in the world do you manage to like my posts constantly, even though I see you doing one of the following -

• Sleeping (wat?!?!?)
  • Cooking several things at once on a hot stove (dangerous!?!?!?)
  • Playing bullet hell and going for a new high score ((I can't even understand...) O.o)

• Winner 1

Okay, like... How in the world do you manage to like my posts constantly, even though I see you doing one of the following -

• Sleeping (wat?!?!?)
  • Cooking several things at once on a hot stove (dangerous!?!?!?)
  • Playing bullet hell and going for a new high score ((I can't even understand...) O.o)

The physical being you know as Zoop is only one part of a much larger and much more significant whole, split off for the sake of interacting, incognito, with the human population. On occasion, when the need arises, additional copies can be split off in order to handle significant tasks while this particular body is otherwise occupied.

• Winner 1

This ... is new to me. I'm a massive foodie, so I've been to a ton of restaurants all over this part of Washington, but I've never been charged for water, ever. o__o

I'm not really sure where she got that impression, to be honest... the only time I've paid for water has been if it were bottled, or something of that sort.[/Quote]

She visited Seattle, if I remember correctly.

This makes me so happy to hear. I get fatigued easily, but take public transportation, so I need water to keep me feeling well on a long walk, and was worried that I would have to waste even more money if I ever visited the State.

I'm an extremely liberal, non-denominational, anti-establishment Christian that, even if not for the fact that I'm a lesbian, would probably be condemned to hell by most people due to having very non-conforming opinions on everything. Without getting into any details on anything (overt religious/political discussion isn't really encouraged in the forum guidelines), I'm not really a fan of organized religion, often tend to dislike the sort of people that like to scream at the top of their lungs about their religious devotions (since, really, those tend to be the people that don't exactly have nice things to say about the very concept of my existence), generally keep to myself where religion is concerned (I actually lost a long-time 'friend' due, in large part, to the fact that I wasn't a fire breathing atheist that hates anything and everything to do with all concepts of religion... and in part due to the fact that he had a very weird hatred for Cy~), and don't tend to worry all that much about what other people do.

Basically I just do my own thing, damn whatever anyone else thinks about it.

I may have be part of an organized religion and conservative, but, I am pretty much have the same views as you do when it comes to religious matters, especially because I think I can help people better and accept them more than if I was as brainwashed and indoctrinated as my fellow church members.

Anyway, what is the happiest memory that you remember from your childhood?

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

This makes me so happy to hear. I get fatigued easily, but take public transportation, so I need water to keep me feeling well on a long walk, and was worried that I would have to waste even more money if I ever visited the State.

The Seattle region has fairly good public transit, but the system is fairly overburdened due to the idiotic amounts of population growth that has been occurring. It works decently, but depending on where you're going, when, and which transit option you go with, you may be in a sardine can. The underground light rail running through downtown is particularly horrible to deal with.

I suppose some places might charge a nominal fee of some sort if you just go in and ask for a cup of water without purchasing anything, but I'm not certain, tbh.

Anyway, what is the happiest memory that you remember from your childhood?

Uhhhhhhh. Jeez, let's think about this.

I have three cousins, all girls ranging in age from two or three years older than myself, to ten years older than myself. I remember being like four years old, or somewhere around there, and having a total blast playing with them during my family's incredibly infrequent visits. They lived a few hours away, so we generally only went there a couple times every year. I've never been a very socially outgoing person, and never really connected all that well with other people at school or work, so that was basically one of the few times as a child that I was comfortable enough to really let loose and have a horrible, ridiculous, idiotic amount of wild fun.

As we got older we remained fond of each other, but grew less and less close, eventually going our separate ways entirely. There was never really any firm connections between us (I don't count a shared bloodline as being a connection, tbh), so that makes sense. Last I heard they were all busy being boring adults, having children, and all that sort of lame junk. :|

My earliest memory that I have a concrete age and time for was also fairly happy, taking place during Christmas in 1989. I was four and a half years old (nearly to the day!), and ... my family was gifted an NES console by one of my uncles. At the time, my family was basically dirt poor, so this was more or less a ridiculously incredible and awe inspiring event. I remember my two older brothers unwrapping it, and then playing the original Super Mario Bros for the first time. I quickly figured out how to irritate everyone around me by rapidly pausing and unpausing the game, causing the game to spam the coin sound effect. Good times. :D

But yeah, outside of those two, most of my childhood memories are fairly bland.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The physical being you know as Zoop is only one part of a much larger and much more significant whole, split off for the sake of interacting, incognito, with the human population. On occasion, when the need arises, additional copies can be split off in order to handle significant tasks while this particular body is otherwise occupied.

This is such utter rot, but I'll buy it.

Can you go ahead split off and clean up the whole apartment, then? (o^.^o)

• Like 2

Do you play Bullet Hells? Have you tried Touhou ones?

ohohoohhohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoohh

Let us take a photographic tour.

Exhibit one: games and albums! Though I think one of them isn't actually Touhou related.

20170611_095253.thumb.png.c36aee759ce625f1933d791c73298914.png

Exhibit two: figures!

20170611_095419.thumb.png.c55dff04b6005629da8fdaf7fb685cc4.png

Exhibit three: doujin games!

20170611_095952.thumb.png.d6257b22d86ed8d2afb3f4d26a7856c1.png

Not pictured: physical DVD copy of one of the Touhou doujin anime.

And finally...

folder.png.7efa863a472827e0c26d49663721a24e.png

... please don't think less of me.

Lunatic Difficulty?

tumblr_mbis7mVUEq1r5zfj8o1_500.gif.6e99cd1c72d7e3f21bdbd8f507f2af22.gif

Dude, I friggin' love the games, but I'm actually horrible at them. Normal difficulty already kicks my ass ten ways all at once.

... what? Easy mode?

This is such utter rot, but I'll buy it.

Can you go ahead split off and clean up the whole apartment, then? (o^.^o)

I'm sorry, but all of my scout forms share my core attributes. Which is to say, that even an army of me would probably suck at cleaning.

Have you ever played with the Dominion expansions, and if so, what is your favorite one?

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the Dominion expansions, to be honest... with that said, I've had the chance to play with Intrigue cards before, and found it to be quite fun. :)

• Funny 1

It's funny how I just wanted a normal answer like "Yes I love that game yadayadayada" but instead I get a tour. lel

While I do love Touhou, I don't buy the games or even anything related to it. But I do play the games, I just don't buy it. (Here comes the Cyberpolice)

Also, worship me, as I have finished TH06(Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil) in Lunatic Difficulty! The next ones kept slapping me tho.

Anyway, next question!

If I told you that my gender here is a lie, would you believe it? Oohohohoho

• Funny 1

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the Dominion expansions, to be honest... with that said, I've had the chance to play with Intrigue cards before, and found it to be quite fun. :)

I see. You need to try Seaside, if you ever get the chance, and enjoy strategic games. Intrigue is nice, but other than the cards with choice, not much changes from base. With Seaside, however, you can plan quite a few moves in advance (e.g. make militia less damaging by having wharves out), and you can even play a card that negates all attacks against you until your next turn.

I enjoy teaching people Dominion via Intrigue more than base though.

• Like 1

Also, worship me, as I have finished TH06(Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil) in Lunatic Difficulty! The next ones kept slapping me tho.

For that, you have my respect. No, seriously - I'm completely and utterly useless at any of the higher difficulties. No matter how hard I try to get up to that level, I just end up frustrated to tears. :'(

Also worth mentioning that I main Yuyuko, Patchu, and Youmu in 10.5. <3

I see. You need to try Seaside, if you ever get the chance, and enjoy strategic games. Intrigue is nice, but other than the cards with choice, not much changes from base. With Seaside, however, you can plan quite a few moves in advance (e.g. make militia less damaging by having wharves out), and you can even play a card that negates all attacks against you until your next turn.

I enjoy teaching people Dominion via Intrigue more than base though.

Wait --- I've also used some seaside cards! I love the duration cards, and have used Tactician, in particular, to fairly devastating effect.

If I told you that my gender here is a lie, would you believe it? Oohohohoho

I apparently missed this, but --- I didn't even know that you had a gender here, so I'm not certain what the lie is. xD

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Also worth mentioning that I main Yuyuko, Patchu, and Youmu in 10.5.

Oho? I never thought you would actually play Touhou's fighting games long enough to actually "main" someone.

I'm playing 10.5, 12.3, and 14.5 right now. Ohoho.

Anyway, I should also mention that my mains in 10.5 are Sakuya, Reimu, and Reisen. Add Patchy to that if you will. lol.

I apparently missed this, but --- I didn't even know that you had a gender here, so I'm not certain what the lie is. xD

Exactly. That was the lie. You thought I was genderless, but I WAS NOT!

• Funny 1

Wait --- I've also used some seaside cards! I love the duration cards, and have used Tactician, in particular, to fairly devastating effect.

I like tactician too, but kind of hate how it wastes turns, unless I have ambassador or gardens.

Adventures has more durations (including one that stops all attacks against you for the rest of the game), but the only ones other than Seaside I would recommend are Prosperity, Guilds, and Hinterlands.

What other card or board games do you enjoy?

• Like 1

Oho? I never thought you would actually play Touhou's fighting games long enough to actually "main" someone.

I'm playing 10.5, 12.3, and 14.5 right now. Ohoho.

I used to play 10.5 (and 12.3 to a lesser degree) all the damn time, to be honest! I was never a SUPER DUPER PRO GAMER GURL, but I got pretty decent I'd like to think. I think I was also one of the first people to find and publish a way to disable the weather effects on gameplay, right after it first came out... typhoon always brought me to rage when the game was new.

Eventually I got over it though, and learned to love the random.

Anyway, I should also mention that my mains in 10.5 are Sakuya, Reimu, and Reisen. Add Patchy to that if you will. lol

I love all of those characters, Reisen and Reimu in particular - I was okay with them, but never really got particularly good. Never really reached any degree of reasonable competency with Sakuya, though.

Exactly. That was the lie. You thought I was genderless, but I WAS NOT!

8f980cfc8dc4690ee1546d9a7e1a0e58.gif.388ded1b5b6b6389000f0cb7680b878b.gif

I like tactician too, but kind of hate how it wastes turns, unless I have ambassador or gardens.

Fair point, that - I've just had really good luck in using it to string along some pretty impressive stuff. :D

Adventures has more durations (including one that stops all attacks against you for the rest of the game), but the only ones other than Seaside I would recommend are Prosperity, Guilds, and Hinterlands.

Adventures looks interesting, but I think I'd stick to playing it via PC - from the brief lookover I gave it once, it seemed like a lot of the stuff in it would be a bit of a pain to keep track of manually. Cy~ and I are hoping to scoop up those other sets, though.

What other card or board games do you enjoy?

Exploding Kittens is a charming little party game that I enjoy playing with folks. Other than that... haven't really tried many modern board games, I'm sad to say. I love Monopoly and Scrabble though.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I love all of those characters, Reisen and Reimu in particular - I was okay with them, but never really got particularly good. Never really reached any degree of reasonable competency with Sakuya, though.

I really loved Sakuya's power. So when I first got 10.5, she was the first one I really used. Eventually, I reached that point where even Lunatic difficulty AI wasn't enough to satisfy me. SO I MURDERED HAMACHI PLAYERS INSTEAD.

Anyway, question. Pizza?

• Like 1

I really loved Sakuya's power. So when I first got 10.5, she was the first one I really used. Eventually, I reached that point where even Lunatic difficulty AI wasn't enough to satisfy me. SO I MURDERED HAMACHI PLAYERS INSTEAD.

Same! Her moveset was really cool, I was just pretty dreadful at making proper use of it, tbh.

Anyway, question. Pizza?

I love pizza! I'm trying to avoid pizza at the moment! Yay, diets!

I make ultra-thin crispy crust pizzas using tortillas sometimes, which are delish. More recently though I've started experimenting with thick crust pan pizzas... made my first one on Friday, which was delicious --- though it didn't come out quite as planned! Going to try again soon. :)

For toppings, I think my favorite is just pepperoni and salami. Every now and then I like to go fancy and get something like pepperoni, salami, sliced sausage, and banana pepper, but that's kind of rare.

The weirdest pizza I ever had featured BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, and was topped with pepperoni, salami, glazed ham, pulled pork, bacon, and uh... some other types of pork.

It was delicious. And dangerous.

When it comes to crust, I often prefer thin crusts, though I'm also a sucker for stuffed crust... sadly though, I don't know of any place that does stuffed crust that are actually good. Pizza Hut definitely doesn't count.

• Like 1

Adventures looks interesting, but I think I'd stick to playing it via PC - from the brief lookover I gave it once, it seemed like a lot of the stuff in it would be a bit of a pain to keep track of manually. Cy~ and I are hoping to scoop up those other sets, though.

Exploding Kittens is a charming little party game that I enjoy playing with folks. Other than that... haven't really tried many modern board games, I'm sad to say. I love Monopoly and Scrabble though.

Yeah, Adventures cards get complicated, and is considered a master set. In fact, one card gave me grief in figuring out.

I like Monopoly, as it can be very fun. In fact, I already which corner guarantees victory most of the time (people usually get it wrong, because those properties, while expensive, are not as expensive as the side everyone thinks gives player assured victory.

You can try playing Innovation with me on iso, if you want, but it is a hard game to figure out completely.

Anway, back on topic, If you could travel to any point in the past, but had to remain there for the rest of your life, where would you go?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Same! Her moveset was really cool, I was just pretty dreadful at making proper use of it, tbh.

Not just her powers, I really like her overall. A maid with time manipulation powers. <3 <3

I was pretty decent with those bouncing knives. At least enough to destroy other people.

Anyway, Pizzas here in our country are kinda uhh... decent? Pizza Hut is still Pizza Hut tho, delicious as all hell. But the local ones are... hmm... okay? well, they're still pizza, I'd eat it regardless.

Yeah, Adventures cards get complicated, and is considered a master set. In fact, one card gave me grief in figuring out.

Just reading the descriptions was enough to make me do a double-take, in some cases. I love the concepts, but I'll be waiting until there's a very strong stand-alone game client before I start digging too deeply into those weeds.

I like Monopoly, as it can be very fun. In fact, I already which corner guarantees victory most of the time (people usually get it wrong, because those properties, while expensive, are not as expensive as the side everyone thinks gives player assured victory.

I like coming up with creative rules for monopoly - whenever I'd play it with my acquaintances we'd always have a lot of ridiculous 'deals' and 'contracts' on the side, that we'd keep track of in a notebook... this had the unfortunate side effect of causing many games to reach into an infinite stalemate. xD

I also had a custom ruleset for Sorry! that turned the game into a semi-strategic two-player brawl, which was pretty fun.

You can try playing Innovation with me on iso, if you want, but it is hard hard game to figure out completely.

I'll have to investigate this game sometime!

Anway, back on topic, If you could travel to any point in the past, but had to remain there for the rest of your life, where would you go?

Any point in the past? Five minutes before my departure five minutes into the past. Truth of the matter is that I don't think I'd be happy trying to live my life in any other era, for a multitude of reasons. xD

• Like 1

Just reading the descriptions was enough to make me do a double-take, in some cases. I love the concepts, but I'll be waiting until there's a very strong stand-alone game client before I start digging too deeply into those weeds.

I like coming up with creative rules for monopoly - whenever I'd play it with my acquaintances we'd always have a lot of ridiculous 'deals' and 'contracts' on the side, that we'd keep track of in a notebook... this had the unfortunate side effect of causing many games to reach into an infinite stalemate. xD

I also had a custom ruleset for Sorry! that turned the game into a semi-strategic two-player brawl, which was pretty fun.

I'll have to investigate this game sometime!

Any point in the past? Five minutes before my departure five minutes into the past. Truth of the matter is that I don't think I'd be happy trying to live my life in any other era, for a multitude of reasons. xD

I need to really figure out how to do multi quote like this. Doing it manually is annoying, even with copy/paste.

In a way, I want to see those infinite stalemates. Would be boring to watch, but I never saw an infinite stalemate in any game, except maybe the time my sister and I hoteled every property in the PC version of Monopoly.

I probably would not do well myself in going to the past, especially Hitler's Nazi Germany, in which I would definitely need to be protected, regardless of whether I was in good condition or not, not to mention my mess probably will not exist.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I need to really figure out how to do multi quote like this. Doing it manually is annoying, even with copy/paste.

You can highlight blocks of text in a post - a little 'reply' button will appear. Click that, and it'll copy that text, enclosed in quote tags.

In a way, I want to see those infinite stalemates. Would be boring to watch, but I never saw an infinite stalemate in any game, except maybe the time my sister and I hoteled every property in the PC version of Monopoly.

They were amusing for the first hour. Then they just became more and more boring, until we table flipped.

I probably would not do well myself in going to the past, especially Hitler's nazi Germany, in which I would definitely need to be protected, regardless of whether I was in good condition or not, not to mention my mess probably will not exist.

Despite the fact that there are some weirdos out there that insist that THINGS WERE BETTER BACK IN THEM THERE OLDEN DAYS, I am firmly of the opinion that the past sucked.

• Informative 1

You can highlight blocks of text in a post - a little 'reply' button will appear. Click that, and it'll copy that text, enclosed in quote tags.

Thanks, I will remember that.

They were amusing for the first hour. Then they just became more and more boring, until we table flipped.

This one made me laugh a bit. I can see that being boring, probably as boring as my opponents feel when I decimate them with an endless, horrid chain in Dominion.

Despite the fact that there are some weirdos out there that insist that THINGS WERE BETTER BACK IN THEM THERE OLDEN DAYS, I am firmly of the opinion that the past sucked.

I would not argue with that. Many of those people think that we have it easy, but we have our own problems.

However, there are also those that do not realize how good we have it now, regardless of age, gender, disability/ailment, etc. It might not be perfect, but thinking about what the past was like makes you grateful for what we have now.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1