Chart of Suffering

kqiydnscn70z.thumb.png.1faeb118ada73904d5621d1deafc3da3.png

Judging purely by the characters I know in the list, I'd say its really accurate. Especially Yuuko from the ef series. She didn't deserve what came her way at all :(

• Like 2

lol @Rika at the 0 end of "how much they deserve it"... then if you look at the other extreme end, there's Bernkastel Trollkastel. Hard to disagree, but...

• Funny 1

Wait, Kaneki Ken's at 85% suffering? Did whoever make this list forget this scene?

---> upload_2017-6-2_15-19-57.png.69fc8430368fd227c4ec325317e67a64.png plus all the other crap Kaneki had to go through? I'm not sure how much suffering those in the 100% spots went through but I'd always thought Kaneki suffered almost as much as some one could possibly suffer.

And what's with "Deserving" 25% percent? What did Kaneki ever do!? I know 25% is quiet low but Kaneki literally did NOTHING!

Also, Eren with a 65% "deserved" rate? I fail to see how people think Eren "Deserves" any suffering when he hasn't done anything wrong ... He's struggling with the fact that he became the one thing he hates while everyone else gets point fingers at him and call him a monster.

And Misaki Mei with an even higher rate of 75% percent? Still failing to see how these characters deserve any suffering at all when they did nothing wrong ... She was a little high school girl!

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 2

• 3 months later...

Not sure why my Gaara is on the 75% suffering / 35% deserving list :( I understand that he used to be what you would call a "monster" but that's only because he had never felt the love he had deserved, and Naruto was the one who changed his outlook on life and turned him into the best person he can possibly be, leading him into becoming the Fifth Kazekage!!

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, for Gintama, I don't quite get why Gintoki and Hasegawa are on the same level of suffering. At least Gin has somewhere to sleep :3

Also gonna disagree with Switch's (65% deserve, 50% suffering) placement. I mean, he kinda accidentally caused his suffering but 65% seems overkill to me. And he regrets it so much too D;

Edited by Guest

i think Ed suffered more than 55 percent also i don't think he deserved to suffer at all

I would put Ed at maybe 25 percent, he did convince Al to go through with the human transmutation of their mother after all. However, given how much he went through, nearly losing Al, losing his mother, the issue he has with this father and Al being so enamored with him, everything with Nina, when he found out Hughes died, I'd say his suffering is 100 for sure. Most of what happened and what he saw, was out of his control, even if his original actions led to him seeing or being a part of all that. There's no way he could have known all that would happen. Al's suffering should also be at least 75, not 60, and he deserves none of it. All he ever did was stay true to Ed and try to help people and he still had to deal with all that.

Now if we're going for say Anemone, 70 seems a little bit low. With the exception of Dewey, as long as we're going with the anime, Anemone is treated either as an enemy or even just a thing that can pilot theEnd and nothing else. She's also pretty much forced to live in a cage outside of battle because she's so out of control and seems to only act out in the hopes that someone will see her differently. I'd but her suffering at a 90 and her deserving at a 0. She didn't do anything wrong unless she was forced to, and she was only violent because of the serum they kept injecting her with and how it changed her personality.

I also can't agree with any list that says Trunks suffered as much as either of the two main characters from Grave of the Fireflies. He didn't even really know death and suffering enough to become a super sayian until Gohan died, so he clearly didn't feel just how serious the effects of the state of his world was until he hit his teens, and he got his revenge to help get some closure for it. I can't say Super really made it worse either, he stopped Majin Buu from being born, and although his world was ravaged a second time, the people he cared for most did just fine and lived. Grave of the fireflies, had no closure, and it might have even been worse than the film made it out to be if the theory of them being in a eternal hell is to be believed, and I think it is. In fact I think they should be right next to one another at 100 percent and 0 deserved.

I gotta say as well, Spike drives me nuts. He lost the love of his life, his best friend turned on him, he abandoned his crew to try and keep them out of his issues so they wouldn't get killed, even though he was falling in love with Faye, which was obviously very hard to do, and he may or may not have had been killed by the friend who left him. I can't say he's entire innocent, but 50 suffering and 60 deserved is way off. I'd put him at 70 with a 30 deserved. He turned out to be a better person than anyone would have given him credit for before the last episode.

So I guess, no, I don't agree with this list. There are a lot of other characters I could point out and give details as to why I disagree, such as Jojo, Kaneki, even Hercule seems a bit off since he saw his entire planet get blown up, even if it came back, for a while he thought everyone was dead and still wanted to help the one true friend he had left. He wasn't that bad a guy and he redeemed himself. No I think whoever did this list doesn't quite understand the weight of loss that some of these characters have gone through, if not all of them, and for that matter how much of it was their fault or how much they regretted the choices they made, which should count for something.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic