Is there a stigma around anime for you?

Cy~

Oh yeah. That's especially true after that CNN 'news' story. Many people look at anime and automatically think of it as a cartoon for little kids. I could get away with watching anything when I was younger and no one would care, but as an adult, that's a different story. There are certain things that are expected of us at various points in our life. If you're 20 or 30 years old and watching Attack on Titan most people will think of you as a basement dwelling loser who lives with his mommy.

I am not afraid to say that I am watching anime.However,my country is not one where you can find too many anime fans.Also,my parents often tell me that I am just watching stupid chinese cartoons,so yeah...that makes me feel a bit bad.What is more,there are many people in my school that are your typical "popular" kids and basically judge people like me behind our backs.However,no matter what,even if I get sad,I still defend the fact that I watch and love anime because if it wasn't for "these chinese cartoons" I would not be as I am today.For about 2 years and half anime along with music are my only means of escape.So,I will never be afraid to say that I watch anime no matter who is around.I mean,anime is my savior,after all...

Oh yeah. That's especially true after that CNN 'news' story. Many people look at anime and automatically think of it as a cartoon for little kids. I could get away with watching anything when I was younger and no one would care, but as an adult, that's a different story. There are certain things that are expected of us at various points in our life. If you're 20 or 30 years old and watching Attack on Titan most people will think of you as a basement dwelling loser who lives with his mommy.

The whole living with your mom thing is what really makes me upset these days. If you aren't making somewhere in the ball park of 60K to 70K USD or the equivalent depending on where you live, you might just be stuck at home because of how difficult the previous generation made it to live alone otherwise. Sure a lot of people room with one another and make it that way, but getting out on your own two feet has never been harder, and that's simply just a fact.

I used to care what my mates at school thought of it. (this is going wayyyy back)

But nowadays I don't really care who finds out.

The only real stigma I get.

Is that it is meant for little kids or it's childish. (meh).

• Geano locked this topic