The Myers-Briggs Personality Test Topic!

Cy~

What's your personality? It sounds like a simple question, but it actually isn't. Thankfully, there are personality tests that you can take to point you in the right direction. Myers-Briggs is one of the most popular ones, so I figured that I would make a place where we could share and discuss our types. ^_^

• First step - take the test. I prefer taking it from this place, because it's short, simple and a little more accurate than some of the others.
  • You can stop there and post the personality type that you had the highest percentage of, or you can keep going and have a little more fun. I have gathered up a few myers type charts for some popular anime franchises. Feel free to take a look at them to see which characters share your type!

[spoiler=Studio Ghibli Chart]

59e2177b6fd18_StudioGhibliMBTI.thumb.jpg.fad572bb2fa5d205c16bc8b525bfe469.jpg

[spoiler=Sailor Moon Chart]

59e2177b6256a_SailorMoonMBTI.thumb.jpg.9abf189d1ed19bb57469eb27b65658c5.jpg

[spoiler=Attack on Titan Chart]

59e2177b32c20_AttackonTitanMBTI.thumb.jpg.6730f03d891df9f37b3d566ebae3401c.jpg

[spoiler=Vocaloid Chart]

59e2177b7b0b1_VocaloidMBTI.thumb.png.d89554dd894d7b74f993740a4647f5dd.png

[spoiler=Fullmetal Alchemist Chart]

59e2177b4ea26_FullmetalAlchemistMBTI.thumb.png.c72a1ba9736c10f1bd3dd590008a3f54.png

I'll get started... My result from the test is very ENTP -

84% ENTP

5% ENTJ

3% INTP

2% ENFP

2% ESTP

I'll let you go through the exercise of seeing which characters share my type. :P

Sooo, what about you? I actually really like these kind of tests, and tend to take them repeatedly (even though my result doesn't change if I answer honestly).

• Winner 3

4c91319e699a4a16ae5f684b7b6e9d48.png.ea784186996b8c39c66671ca6d354c48.png

I don't know... I really don't know, but I might, might, might be an ENFP!

Apparently, according to the Attack on Titan chart, that makes me Sasha --- I'm okay with this! Potatoes are great.

• Friendly 1

ISFP.jpg.339dcd89cbbe72d5eab70250f7ae597d.jpg

There were some questions I was unsure of, so I'm not how accurate this is. But from the description other sites offer of ISFP, I do feel it is correct. :)

According to the FMA chart, I'm Alphonse, the big hunk of metal. lol A lot of ISFP characters seem to be shy by default, and I agree I can be quite shy in many social events... that are offline anyway. Online, however, I could talk to just about anybody with ease. xD Also, I do contemplate artsy fartsy stuff a lot, so "The Artist" sounds right for me, especially when my ambition is to be a filmmaker. :) I've tried my hands on writing too, so there's that.

• Friendly 1

I've taken this test a bunch of times, personally, I think it's bullshit. Even if it was fully backed by psychologists, I'm not about to let a test tell me what type of person I am. It's my belief that we define ourselves and that identity is not fixed, rather it is something which changes over time, with intention and experience. But there's probably no empirical data for this view either.

Each time I've taken it though I've gotten INTP.

37% ISTP

18% ISTJ

12% INTP

9% ESTP

7% ENTP

Well, those are my results, pretty accurate I think, I mean im not like super serious but my results make it look like I am, I am a big jokester and fun but these results are very close to my personality, this is probably the best personality quiz ive taken! <3 Quiz had to ask me 10 extra questions.

Edited by Guest
  • Friendly 1

I've taken this test a bunch of times, personally, I think it's bullshit. Even if it was fully backed by psychologists, I'm not about to let a test tell me what type of person I am. It's my belief that we define ourselves and that identity is not fixed, rather it is something which changes over time, with intention and experience. But there's probably no empirical data for this view either.

Each time I've taken it though I've gotten INTP.

Myers doesn't tell you what kind of person you are. Basically, it looks at your answers to question and does its best to describe you. Whether or not that matches your own self-description is up to you.

The purpose of a personality test is not prescribe you. The purpose is simply to describe, to provide another lens for those that want to see themselves from another angle.

The test doesn't tell you who you are. Anyone that says otherwise is obviously mistaken.

Sorry if this reply is not poetic, I'm on a train right now, hahaha.

• Agree 2

That link is completely orthogonal to my point. They're examining Myers as a statistical apparatus for *prescription* of careers for individuals. I think that I already said that my view is that these tests are descriptive and not prescriptive, soooo I have no idea what your point is - the paper that you linked neither concurs nor debunks my point.

In the meantime, this topic is really for fun. If you want perfect scientific accuracy, then you can go publish your own research paper on typology. Link me to it when you do, would you? I have a graduate degree in statistics and I love tearing that stuff apart.

That link is completely orthogonal to my point. They're examining Myers as a statistical apparatus for *prescription* of careers for individuals. I think that I already said that my view is that these tests are descriptive and not prescriptive, soooo I have no idea what your point is - the paper that you linked neither concurs nor debunks my point.

In the meantime, this topic is really for fun. If you want perfect scientific accuracy, then you can go publish your own research paper on typology. Link me to it when you do, would you? I have a graduate degree in statistics and I love tearing that stuff apart.

Funny thing is nothing is 100% accurate, even something you do yourself.

This is shown by the obvious thing present in many reports of statistics, and basic math involving probability, in which you can get something practically guaranteed but not 100% the more you repeat a series of events.

• Like 1

Why not? Mikasa is a beautiful badass cutie.

She's ok, if I had to chose between liking and disliking her I'd like her but I'm more into Hange.

hange01.jpg.200e4d95a79aac51a78ba394b853e86c.jpg

• Like 2

Therefore I'm a beautiful badass cutie.

59e2177b99de1_Kannahappy.gif.f349e6fbb10e97e89a378515251b831b.gif

She's ok, if I had to chose between liking and disliking her I'd like her but I'm more into Hange.

Well, you can be into a character without being the character. I mean, think about it... How interesting would it be to be into yourself? Like, if you shared Hange's personality type AND you were into her. Isn't that a little awkward?

Speaking for myself, nah, it isn't awkward. I'm totally in the Hange > Mikasa camp, and everyone can fight me if they want to.

• Like 2

Well, you can be into a character without being the character. I mean, think about it... How interesting would it be to be into yourself? Like, if you shared Hange's personality type AND you were into her. Isn't that a little awkward?

You're an inventor, Cy.

3rqmx5yb42y53lqngsor4e233vlfxzbc_hq.jpg.74511f59ecd76e82dbea788aab88f282.jpg

• Like 2

You're an inventor, Cy.

[ATTACH=full]31632[/ATTACH]

More accurate than you'd ever believe!

When I was a little kid, I had a chemistry set and used it to experiment on making explosions (very successful) and poison (ran into issues testing this). I wanted to be an astronaut or a paleontologist or both things. Later on in life, I discovered that paleontologists work in the field with no air conditioning (I'm a pampered city girl, can't deal with that shit). Then, I discovered that becoming an astronaut kinda makes it hard to do other things at the same time.

In the end I decided to become a psychohistorian or the closest possible thing. The closest thing turned out to put me in a government office pushing paperwork. I really, really think I messed up somewhere. :o

• Like 2

More accurate than you'd ever believe!

When I was a little kid, I had a chemistry set and used it to experiment on making explosions (very successful) and poison (ran into issues testing this). I wanted to be an astronaut or a paleontologist or both things. Later on in life, I discovered that paleontologists work in the field with no air conditioning (I'm a pampered city girl, can't deal with that s***). Then, I discovered that becoming an astronaut kinda makes it hard to do other things at the same time.

In the end I decided to become a psychohistorian or the closest possible thing. The closest thing turned out to put me in a government office pushing paperwork. I really, really think I messed up somewhere. :o

I'm feeling more sadness than any other emotional reading this. I rated with a like but I don't know about that.

• Like 2

No idea if I'd call this accurate or not

I treat Myers stuff like horoscopes. It keeps things simple and fun, but I can ignore them entirely and do whatever I want and think whatever I want. I usually advise folks to do the same. :angel:

It's worth noting that Myers-Briggs is the distorted form of the original stuff, so it simply isn't going to have the same practical value of Jung's original research. Also, Myers was formulated back in the 1940s, and well... A lot of stuff has changed since then, hahaha. It's actually in need of an update, but so many people make so much fucking money off of the old system, there is a lot of hostility towards taking another look at it and fixing it.

I actually made my own personality test and attributes, but that's just silliness for another day. :D

I'm feeling more sadness than any other emotional reading this. I rated with a like but I don't know about that.

Hahaha, I really hope I didn't rain on your day. :? It wasn't my intent to be a downer. I don't really mind where my life ended up, since I'm happily married, and I am working on a job that actually contributes to making the world better (in an infinitesimally small way).

I'm just two burgers short of an ice cream sundae from dairy queen (in space)... :crazy:

• Like 2

I treat Myers stuff like horoscopes. It keeps things simple and fun, but I can ignore them entirely and do whatever I want and think whatever I want. I usually advise folks to do the same. :angel:

It's worth noting that Myers-Briggs is the distorted form of the original stuff, so it simply isn't going to have the same practical value of Jung's original research. Also, Myers was formulated back in the 1940s, and well... A lot of stuff has changed since then, hahaha. It's actually in need of an update, but so many people make so much f****** money off of the old system, there is a lot of hostility towards taking another look at it and fixing it.

I actually made my own personality test and attributes, but that's just silliness for another day. :D

Hahaha, I really hope I didn't rain on your day. :? It wasn't my intent to be a downer. I don't really mind where my life ended up, since I'm happily married, and I am working on a job that actually contributes to making the world better (in an infinitesimally small way).

I'm just two burgers short of an ice cream sundae from dairy queen (in space)... :crazy:

A different one I've taken in the past puts me as very heavily INFJ

• Like 2