The Myers-Briggs Personality Test Topic!

Cy~

Hahaha, I really hope I didn't rain on your day. :? It wasn't my intent to be a downer. I don't really mind where my life ended up, since I'm happily married, and I am working on a job that actually contributes to making the world better (in an infinitesimally small way).

I'm just two burgers short of an ice cream sundae from dairy queen (in space)... :crazy:

Not at all, not at all. If it feels you feel better in some way, shape or form, I think that Zoop bringing you here was a good idea because you're always active and making the forum all sparkly with life.

• Like 2

A different one I've taken in the past puts me as very heavily INFJ

Oh? That's interesting, since those two types are actually quite a bit different.

I'm actually a hopeless personality test nerd, so if you wanna humor me, I could help you narrow it down with a few simple questions.

• What's more important to you? How you feel about things or how others do?
  • Can you easily follow a step-by-step sequence (i.e. cooking)?
  • Do you like to imagine purely fictional things? Or, daydream about people?
  • Are you argumentative and can play devil's advocate?

Now, rate the degree to which each of these is true with a number from one to ten.

Nope, this isn't a Myers test; I'm just doing a thing.

Feel free to tell me to shove off! :angel:

• Like 1

Oh? That's interesting, since those two types are actually quite a bit different.

I'm actually a hopeless personality test nerd, so if you wanna humor me, I could help you narrow it down with a few simple questions.

Now, rate the degree to which each of these is true with a number from one to ten.

Nope, this isn't a Myers test; I'm just doing a thing.

Feel free to tell me to shove off! :angel:

I mean, if it's something that only affects me, then I don't really give a shit how other people feel about it. But if it involves more than myself, I care a lot more about how others feel about it. If that makes any sense???? I feel like I might not quite understand the question.

Im hopeless if I don't follow the step-by-step >.<

ehhhh, booooth? Are we talking things as in objects or creatures?

I don't like conflict, I'd really rather avoid arguing.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

@Kohloo Welp, that basically explains it, then. As far as I can see, you sit right in the middle of both Myers personality types. Basically, you broke the test, hahaha. That's actually one of the reasons that people don't like Myers. :?

Whaaaaat. I wanna see now :P

It was actually kinda fun, tbh. I'll see if I can find it and dust it off, this weekend. :o

Not at all, not at all. If it feels you feel better in some way, shape or form, I think that Zoop bringing you here was a good idea because you're always active and making the forum all sparkly with life.

Teru, you're making me feel all blushy and stuff. :blush:

You're giving me too much of a compliment for the fact that I just have an enormously big mouth. :)

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

@Cy~ I wasn't expecting to break the test :D

Mmm, you aren't the only one. @zoop broke it completely until settling on ENFP.

Like, seriously. She would take that test and it would just give up and be like, "I don't even know, wtf!"

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Mmm, you aren't the only one. @zoop broke it completely until settling on ENFP.

Like, seriously. She would take that test and it would just give up and be like, "I don't even know, wtf!"

Bahaha, yay, @zoop and I break things!

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

You're giving me too much of a compliment for the fact that I just have an enormously big mouth. :)

Someday I'll learn how to be humble like you, cheers.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Speaking of personality things. I remember in high school we had to do some sort of personality test thing involving colours, I have no idea. Once we figured out which colour we were we had to join in groups. Somehow mine ended up tied between two colours, almost three (out of four). I was trying to ask the teacher which group I'm supposed to join and she was just like, "what...how..."

(I ended up joining both groups)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Somehow mine ended up tied between two colours, almost three (out of four). I was trying to ask the teacher which group I'm supposed to join and she was just like, "what...how..."

*pats self on back*

(Please, forgive my narcissism. :'()

Then, I apparently nailed it! :o You do sit "between the lines" of personality. Congratulations, that literally means that you are a badass that can survive, deal with, and navigate things that would leave people flummoxed. You are also a delightful, multi-faceted box of multi-fold mysteries. (o^.^o)

Omg, I just want to dissect your personality and analyze you until the ends of time get to know you more!

59e2177bc35da_Tohruquizzicalexpression.gif.0bda0906c68a9621ebd93c839d943444.gif

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

*pats self on back*

(Please, forgive my narcissism. :'()

Then, I apparently nailed it! :o You do sit "between the lines" of personality. Congratulations, that literally means that you are a badass that can survive, deal with, and navigate things that would leave people flummoxed. You are also a delightful, multi-faceted box of multi-fold mysteries. (o^.^o)

Omg, I just want to dissect your personality and analyze you until the ends of time get to know you more!

[ATTACH]31641[/ATTACH]

The dissection and analysis sounds like fun

• Like 2

She's ok, if I had to chose between liking and disliking her I'd like her but I'm more into Hange.

[ATTACH=full]31630[/ATTACH]

Aye, Hange is such a cutie~

• Agree 3

The dissection and analysis sounds like fun

Oh, yes?

I can tell that we're going to really get along well, in the long run. (o^.^o)

59e2177bc963e_Fooddragonhappy.gif.9bb006dc367bc5e05a0e96d4e6253641.gif

Don't mind me, I just really, really, really like interesting/weird personalities for their own sake. I'm a firm believer that personality diversity is what makes the world a less boring place to live in. :angel:

• Friendly 2

Oh, yes?

I can tell that we're going to really get along well, in the long run. (o^.^o)

[ATTACH]31642[/ATTACH]

Don't mind me, I just really, really, really like interesting/weird personalities for their own sake. I'm a firm believer that personality diversity is what makes the world a less boring place to live in. :angel:

Haha I don't mind at all! I quite like it, in fact ^-^

• Friendly 2

• 9 months later...

We've done this twice now at work (for a management thing) and both times I've been declared an INTJ.  At least it is/I am consistent, though if I answer the "iffy" questions the other way I can flip the "N" to an "S".  Our management consultant dude also appended a "-A" to the "INTJ", but I don't recall what that was for and it apparently isn't part of the MBPT canon.

All that said, I have to add I question the practicality/utility of a system that classifies all of those billions of humans into only 16 personality types.   ¯\(°_o)/¯

Not that it isn't a fun diversion.  FWIW, I also happen to know that I'm a dragon in the eastern zodiac (any rats, monkeys, or roosters out there?), virgo in western, and my life path number is 3.    I've checked most of these personality things out at one time or another.  :D

5aa1c51e14ad6_ScreenShot2018-03-08at3_18_33PM.png.6f85c3739902ab778824b6e3c51a6f29.png

14 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Riiiiiiiiise thread, rise! vZowoon.gif?1

I've taken the MBPT a handful of times throughout the years, and something I've noticed is that my results tend to shift with my own experiences. It could just be me getting to know myself better, it could just be me getting more comfortable with things I previously wouldn't consider trying. In my adolescence, I was easily an INTP, always with my nose in a book of some sort, a bit detached from social going-ons. I thought I wanted to be a librarian, or teacher, maybe even a mortician. 

These days I'm more interested in health sciences, and discovered that I'm actually more comfortable interacting with people than I'd previously thought. A lot of that comes from necessity, a huge shift occurred for me over this decade, including moving alone to the other side of my country and having the opportunity to try out a couple different career fields. Speaking in front of groups doesn't bother me at all, in fact my favourite part is that moment you meet somebody's eyes and you can just see them relate to what you're saying, and knowing that you were the catalyst that inspired that positivity. After retaking the test, my results have come out almost a polar opposite and I'm now consistently an ENFJ. 

I'm still an introvert, of course, that hasn't changed. But it made me look at introversion/extroversion in a slightly different light. I used to think that being extroverted just meant you loved being around people, and were bored being alone, and being introverted was the other way around. I think now we just collect and spend our energies differently. Extroverts get their energy by being around others, and when they are alone it depletes. Meanwhile introverts do the opposite- being around other people spends their energy, and they need some time in solitude to recharge their batteries. It doesn't at all mean that extroverts don't like being alone, or introverts hate being around people. So, it makes total sense that I'd be an extroverted introvert.

I'm not an expert on psychological things, but I did find this shift to be pretty revealing not only to myself but of how external factors can influence our personalities in ways we don't expect them to. 

If you've taken the test before, try taking it again and see if your results are different!

Your results shift for a simple reason, there's no science involved: 

In fact anyone who has taken the test more than once tends to have a different result depending on their mood at the time, and usually, only people who are in the same mood each time they take it get the same results.