Overrated and underrated animes!

Hana16

Hello ^^

Sifting through the dark , there are animes that are underrated and in the other hand ,there are animes that are overrated so let's talk about it , according to you guys !

lol This thread is bound to have some major disagreements. I've already listed the underrated anime in another thread recently, so I'll just do overrated:

- Death Note

- Kill la Kill

- Hunter x Hunter (2011)

- Fairy Tail

- Code Geass, especially R2

- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Just to throw out a bunch of underrated ones I didn't mention in the other thread:

- Mushishi

- Kino's Journey

- Memories

- Asura

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

- Fairy Tail

Even though I like Suzumiya Haruhi, even though I bought mangas and light novels of her, I still agree that she's overrated.

- Mushishi

I wish I knew more people who've watched Mushishi, such a gem.

• Agree 1

Overrated?

59e2177bcf1d0_11876size1600x600regionUS.thumb.jpg.cf774e511c878bfebff976ab0b53aaf6.jpg

Look, I understand why it is so popular, and why people like it so much. But it is by no means, the "objectively" best anime that a lot of people hail it to be.

Overrated?

Look, I understand why it is so popular, and why people like it so much. But it is by no means, the "objectively" best anime that a lot of people hail it to be.

I thought it got a lot of hate back then. "Suck Art Online" used to be a thing people would say. In fact, it's still a widely-hated anime now. Hardly overrated IMO.

• Like 1

I thought it got a lot of hate back then. "Suck Art Online" used to be a thing people would say. In fact, it's still a widely-hated anime now. Hardly overrated IMO.

Well, the thing is, SAO has a huge fan base. One of the largest in all of anime. So naturally, there will be a lot of haters, and people that adore the show.

I consider SAO overrated due to the sheer amount of cosplays it gets at conventions. Not as much as Attack on Titan gets, but still up there. Plus, it has been ranked among the most popular, and most favorited series by MyAnimeList users.

upload_2017-6-2_14-19-5.png.4acd02729b3e04e86bbc4fa32c4ad99c.png

upload_2017-6-2_14-19-35.png.aced42904f97a70464b0c3ca43542f5f.png

upload_2017-6-2_14-18-38.png.e50c9f144cc20d0194ec69f324eefaf8.png

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Plus, it has been ranked among the most popular, and most Favorited series by MyAnimeList users.

That's scary. :meh: But MAL has always been broken and inaccurate anyway.

• Agree 1

Overrated?

[ATTACH=full]31643[/ATTACH]

To tell you the truth I totally agree , ( no offenses to SAO fans ) but the anime is overrated for me , I started watching the episode 01 but I never finished it , and there's many other animes that have same story , like No game no life ect... I think that this anime doesn't deserve that much attention :)

• Agree 1

lol This thread is bound to have some major disagreements. I've already listed the underrated anime in another thread recently, so I'll just do overrated:

- Death Note

- Kill la Kill

- Hunter x Hunter (2011)

- Fairy Tail

Oh man , didn't notice ^^' !

Although I like Death note , I have to admit that it's overrated too, not to mention that the end wasn't that epic , after L's death I think that the anime changed a bit , it became a little messy , but it's still good ^^

• Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic