Hello everyone :)

Rin

(I believe Optic will probably recognize me right away....)

Hi! I'm Rin! I'm 13 years old, and female, even though some people have legitimately mistaken me as a guy before. I dunno why, lol. I'm a girl with a boyish voice and gender neutral personality (not a girly girl, not a total tomboy either), that's that. I love anime, but I also love Vocaloid. It's so cool. :3

I do covers of Vocaloid songs in Japanese. I'm still in the process of learning Japanese, but people who have heard my voice say my pronounciation is quite nice (I know friends who are half-Japanese, full Japanese, or just fluent in the language). I read off of lyrics, though, so it comes as quite a shock the first time when I say I really don't know much Japanese, eheheh...

I might not be too active, because of being on too many forums. I REALLY shouldn't be joining anymore, but this place looks cool. :3

So yeah, bye.

• Like 1

Hi Rin, welcome to the forums :) Haha I can understand why someone may mistake you to be a guy :P really weird story but years ago I met someone online who also called themselves Rin so when I saw your user name I thought, wow it couldn't be this guy ... haha good thing it wasn't!

I find it really great that you like to do covers of Vocaloid songs, it is good to start learning japanese at a young age. I would find it too difficult to sing a song in another language. I hope you enjoy your time here and I am glad you think this place looks cool :D

• Like 1

I think as long as you can pronounce the words well enough and can find romanized lyrics of the sing you want (typically for most Vocaloid songs they aren't that hard to find), it's really not that difficult. And Japanese is a very simplified language, which is probably the reason most English speakers have problems with it; they're not used to exactly how simple Japanese is because of how much the English language overcomplicates things.

And yeah, Rin is a name used in both girls and guys in Japan and in anime, but most people who have mistaken me for a guy have done so because of my voice. My voice isn't deep, but it's not high either.

And yeah, Rin is a name used in both girls and guys in Japan and in anime, but most people who have mistaken me for a guy have done so because of my voice. My voice isn't deep, but it's not high either.

I had this happen to me a few years back. When I first started uni, my soon to be best friend came up to me and started talking to me and I wasn't sure if she was a boy or a girl due to her hair style and voice, oh it was so embarrassing!

Helloo Rin! Nice seeing you here! Welcome to the AN Community forums. Have you checked out our website? ^^ I know it's not much at the moment but it's growing to include more and more titles.

I do covers of Vocaloid songs in Japanese. I'm still in the process of learning Japanese, but people who have heard my voice say my pronounciation is quite nice (I know friends who are half-Japanese, full Japanese, or just fluent in the language).

I think I may have asked you this before on Dashing but have you posted any online publicly or is it a private thing at the moment?

Speaking of Vocaloids, I've been meaning to make a section on the website about the other Vocaloids besides Hatsune Miku. I might ask you a few questions to get your opinion on that later down the track.

I might not be too active, because of being on too many forums. I REALLY shouldn't be joining anymore, but this place looks cool. :3

Awwh thank you, that's very kind of you. ^^ I will need to drop by your forum sometime to return the favour.

Enjoy your stay Rin!

If you have any questions feel free to poke @Caroline, @NightDancer or myself.

Helloo Rin! Nice seeing you here! Welcome to the AN Community forums. Have you checked out our website? ^^ I know it's not much at the moment but it's growing to include more and more titles.

Yes, I've checked it out. It looks nice (and it's actually the reason I started Angel Beats now instead of it waiting on my to do list)

I think I may have asked you this before on Dashing but have you posted any online publicly or is it a private thing at the moment?

I post covers online publicly, yes, just not on YouTube (although I may start posting them on YouTube when I get the chance). I post them on Smule, and you can find them on my profile here; http://www.smule.com/V3_Kagamine_Len - They're probably not as good quality as if I were to download the music and put it into a video (which I do have multiple songs and videos downloaded, just not posted), since I have to play the music on YouTube and record live, but eh, it's good enough.

Speaking of Vocaloids, I've been meaning to make a section on the website about the other Vocaloids besides Hatsune Miku. I might ask you a few questions to get your opinion on that later down the track.

That's perfectly fine. I know plenty of resources, as well as just knowing a lot about the subject in general, so if you need my help with anything on that matter, feel free to ask me. :)

Awwh thank you, that's very kind of you. ^^ I will need to drop by your forum sometime to return the favour.

Enjoy your stay Rin!

If you have any questions feel free to poke @Caroline, @NightDancer or myself.

Okay, I will be sure to. ^_^

Hello Rin-san. Welcome.

Don't be bothered about being mistaken in your gender. My name is Crystal Yamaki but I'm a guy - who says the name "Crystal" is reserved for girls only, eh? :D

Ha yeah everyone thought you were a girl when you first joined up. Hi Crystal :P

HEY RIN WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

You sound like a prettayyy fabulous person! Haha I admire the fact that you're doing covers and taking the effort to learn Japanese.

I know learning a language is real hard.

You should link your covers ^^

Nice meeting you btw!