Ocean thread

Taalen

Going fishing soon so I thought I'd talk about oceans and such

Does anybody like fishing? Fish? Seafood? I don't have many friends in Australia that do so I need other people to express this mutual love ;)

Not really much of a fisher, no. My uncle loves fishing though and he goes quite often. When I was younger, I guess maybe 12? My uncle took me out fishing and I even caught a huge fish. It was quite exciting. It was also a big deal for me since I have always had a great fear of deep water and it was amazing that I could go on this little boat and not feel too scared. :) Good memories!

From The Netherlands and I live 10 min away from The North Sea. Fishing is something that happens here in a ditch or lake or anything like that but not really in the sea besides real fishermen. =)

I don't really fish, I don't want to hurt them xD

Going fishing soon so I thought I'd talk about oceans and such

Does anybody like fishing? Fish? Seafood? I don't have many friends in Australia that do so I need other people to express this mutual love ;)

I'm allergic to fish. Thankfully not anaphylactic severe allergic, i.e. I won't need to reach for an Epi-Pen (adrenaline) if I eat it. It will just result in being uncomfortable and swelling.

I haven't fished since I was under 10?? We used to go crabbing and fishing with my father. It was pretty fun. xD

Sorry @Taalen, I can't be your fishing buddy.

Btw. Do you fish from a boat or from a pier?

• 4 weeks later...

Fishing happens from the beach and pier/jetty, don't have a boat to go fishing on :(

Crabbing is good fun if you don't want to hurt anything because you can just put it back :D

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I live 5 minutes from the atlantic ocean and I love the water. It is a fish and lobster town so we do a lot of both around here. I also love seafood. Fish and shellfish. It's one of the main reasons why I decided to stay in my hometown. You can't beat fresh seafood. :)

I don't hang out much at the beach though. I burn way too easy. :D

• 7 months later...

I don't get to visit the ocean often and even when I have, I have never been out on it to fish. But I do enjoy fishing. I grew up doing it a lot with my uncle and aunt on my moms side. We would have contests to see who could catch the most fish. The very first fish I ever caught was a catfish and I was 5-6 years old.

As far as seafood goes, I love it. Any kind. It's just hard to get fresh, decent fish around where I came from. I will eat just about anything that comes from the water though.

You know, the ocean is one of the most vast things you will ever experience.

However, the next time you go on open waters, picture this: what do you see?

The day is coming to a close, and the sky lights up in a bright shade of orange, as if the Sky has been ignited. The gentle lapping of the waves sarounds your boat with constant crystal blue waves.

And yet the space around you seems vast and empty.

There are no islands. Just a vast sheet of crystal blue.

Yet, this emptiness is so much like life. Although things may seem safe and gentle, they will remain that way if you never break through the surface. Remember, underneath the tide is a much, much deaper realm for you to discover and learn from. The initial dive may be hard, and you may have to resurface after meer moments, but the more you try, the more progress you will make and the more you will learn and love.

So, imagine resurfacing after a lifetime of diving every location on the ocean you can see. Returning to your boat, there is one last thing you can see.

The horizon.

That thin line not only represents the lip at which the sun sets, it also shows us that life is a never ending place to learn and discover. As soon as you cross the horizon, you are once again in a similar patch of ocean, with the same safe Aires above, but a whole new realm of learning, discovery and fun to be found below.

Edited by Guest