Ask a Cy~

Cy~

cy.png.c83c3762f031d0d9509991c03775861a.png

You know, you really need to be a special type of narcissistic creature to get a lot out of one of these topics.

Thankfully! I think that I'm up to the task!

Soooo, ask away! No topic is off-limits! :angel:Just don't expect a serious answer if you venture too far off the beaten path, and if you go too far off into the weeds, I'm sure that a mod may visit us and interrupt the pleasantries.

• Winner 2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kind of funny, since I thought these threads died out, but it is definitely much easier that having to worry about if you saw my questions.

What you do if you unknowingly bump into a member from this community, other than zoop, in real life?

• Like 1

Does that make me a narcissistic creature?

Well, yes, considering that my first encounter with you was your profile on another forum, which contained the following text (abridged quote) -

I am a narcissistic jerk, but that doesn't mean that I don't need love.

Needless to say, I took you up on the latter part of that, but I never forgot the former. < 3

The obligatory "username question":

Why Cy? What does it stand for? Cypher? Cyborg? Cy... yaka? :D

It stands for many, many things! Some of them are more relevant than others. (BTW! Don't forget the squiggly, it's important, actually.)

It stands for common interface. In a visual novel that I'm writing, all electronic standards have been centralized under that nomenclature and a single pseudo-AI provides a digital assistant for all devices. Her name is CI or Cy~ to indicate the usage of an abbreviation. </painful-reference-to-work-in-progress>

It's also the first syllable of the name of my main in Melty Blood. I play as Sion Eltnam Atlasia in that game, and she is legit the ONLY character that I play as. I have logged quite a few hours with her, considering that my hand issues prevent me from playing fighting games for extended periods of time. In this case, the squiggly indicates the omitted syllables.

Cy~ also references my favorite type of story - Choose Your Own Adventure. In this case, the C and the Y are obvious, but the squiggly takes on a more interesting meaning. It indicates a possible outcome in an adventure and the winding path to reach it.

Finally, at least for my purposes, Cy~ can be taken as literally meaning Choose Your Path, which is a reference to how I believe that I should live my life - unapologetically being myself to the maximum of my ability and making no apologies to anyone for being me.

So, yeah, there are a few meanings there. :D

What you do if you unknowingly bump into a member from this community, other than zoop, in real life?

Well, assuming that they're not a creeper, I would probably give them a big hug. I'm actually mildly huggy when I first meet people, though I rapidly and very awkwardly return to my standoffish ways. :angel:

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Username nonsense

And yet... here I was thinking that it stood for Casually Yandere, which predates your visual novel mumbo jumbo. :V

Not that I care, either way. You can be anything you want to be. :kiss:

Why did you just randomly start playing air guitar in the middle of the living room?

• Informative 1
  • Funny 1

And yet... here I was thinking that it stood for Casually Yandere, which predates your visual novel mumbo jumbo. :V

Oh... Yeah, I actually forgot about that one. Though, to be fair, I thought of all of the other meanings at the same time. Most of my online usernames tend to have at least a dozen fully canonical definitions.

Why did you just randomly start playing air guitar in the middle of the living room?

Because @Orius linked to Rap God by Eminem and I'm one of the shallow b****** that like that song. I think it needs more guitar.

Also, because Nightwish, which may be the more plausible answer.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck, and how would you claim victory?

The horse sized duck. I would claim victory by using a flamethrower to roast it alive, then I'd have my wife cook it for dinner.

Who's the first person you think of when I say the name "Chelsea"?

You are so wrong for making my insides jump like that... I think of... The person sitting next to me with a weird look on her face. :P

I can't even come up with a joke! You caught me off guard!

• Like 3

ou are so wrong for making my insides jump like that... I think of... The person sitting next to me with a weird look on her face. :P

I can't even come up with a joke! You caught me off guard!

Yeah. So off guard, you didn't even bother asking how I knew that name. lol

• Like 2

Does that mean you have an interest in Choose Your Own Adventure stories? As in those game books with choices? If so, what's your favorite CYOA book?

• Like 1

Yeah. So off guard, you didn't even bother asking how I knew that name. lol

I already know of at least one place where it's posted, you god damned loli creeper!

Does that mean you have an interest in Choose Your Own Adventure stories? As in those game books with choices? If so, what's your favorite CYOA book?

This is going to humiliate me beyond compare. The old Goosebumps stories, because I loved them when I was little.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

This is going to humiliate me beyond compare. The old Goosebumps stories, because I loved them when I was little.

No shame in that. I used to like Goosebumps too.

What is your happiest childhood memory that you can remember?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Oh yeah, I loved those as a kid as well. I remember a different version called "Choose Your Own Nightmare", a spin-off of the famous CYOA book series titled simply "Choose Your Own Adventure". I had a lot of fun reading Cave of Time, so if you're into CYOA books, I'd definitely recommend checking out Cave of Time if nothing else, as it's more than just for kids.

• Friendly 1

Who's the first person you think of when I say the name "Eva"

Well, that's easy! My sassy robot friend -

bf7abf23d76c269220ca9994c69f594f.thumb.png.1e51763390eec7f06077125d6781a414.png

What is your happiest childhood memory that you can remember?

Uhhh... Hahaha, that's actually really hard for me to answer. I wasn't a happy kid at all. In fact, I was just reminiscing about all of the terrible shit that happened to me. My dad was an alcoholic, my mom became a religious fanatic, my siblings were really wild, and I had no friends at all. I didn't really have a happy time. Ummmm, I think that my happiest childhood memory was when I was no longer a child.

Oh yeah, I loved those as a kid as well. I remember a different version called "Choose Your Own Nightmare", a spin-off of the famous CYOA book series titled simply "Choose Your Own Adventure". I had a lot of fun reading Cave of Time, so if you're into CYOA books, I'd definitely recommend checking out Cave of Time if nothing else, as it's more than just for kids.

Omg, thank you for the recommendation! :o

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1

Uhhh... Hahaha, that's actually really hard for me to answer. I wasn't a happy kid at all. In fact, I was just reminiscing about all of the terrible s*** that happened to me. My dad was an alcoholic, my mom became a religious fanatic, my siblings were really wild, and I had no friends at all. I didn't really have a happy time. Ummmm, I think that my happiest childhood memory was when I was no longer a child.

That is kind of making me feeling sad for you, since I finished reading a series where a character grew up with an alcoholic father and he got visions that allowed him to experience how people died and I am reminded of Tomoyo's backstory a bit, though nothing that bad happened in her backstory.

I hope that Zoop is making your life that much better.

• Friendly 1

I hope that Zoop is making your life that much better.

Hahaha, yes! @zoop is basically the best thing to happen to me, in my life. Before we got together, I had basically given up on all of my hobbies and I was completely depressed. I spent years doing the same thing every day. Wake up, go to work, do accounting stuff, go home, go to sleep. I even ate at the same fast food places, getting the same thing. Every single day. That was my life.

Suddenly, @zoop appears, bringing the craziness. She'd be all like, "Let's go here! Let's eat this new thing! Omg, let's try this stuff! Omg, you're amazing! Wee! This is fun!" Before this, I didn't really have anyone in my life to point out that I could be having more fun. I didn't have anyone that would interrupt my routine. I had just slipped into my habits but suddenly I was free.

Yes, actually, @zoop made my life that much better. In fact, she basically made my life worth living. I'm not really sure that I would have made it to this point if she hadn't come into the picture about five years ago. I wouldn't trade her for the world! This is kinda why I'm a crazy yandere really supportive, loving, and fairly attached spouse.

Do you even lift bro?

This meme?! Okay, okay, I'll answer.

First of all, I don't think that we're related! Secondly, I'm definitely not a bro. Thirdly, I do lift! A little bit. I'm an on-again, off-again fitness nut. I'm currently off, but when I'm getting serious, I am pretty good about building my upper body strength.

I don't know if it means much, but during our last move, I basically unloaded everything myself. I only needed @zoop to help with our insanely heavy table.

What would cause you to start feeling like Yusuke does in this video?

Probably nothing! Hahaha, I'm the kind of person that lashes out early and often, so there really isn't much of an opportunity for a build up of my emotions. Instead, I'm like an active volcano. I flare up BIG, constantly, and every once in a while, I go totally crazy and destroy small towns named Pompeii.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

. Instead, I'm like an active volcano. I flare up BIG, constantly, and every once in a while, I go totally crazy and destroy small towns named Pompeii.

In a way, you have me interested enough to meet you and see you go on a rampage.

On the other hand, that might actually scare me, as I am not a very violent person, even though a lot of my jokes involve violence and death, so I guess I would need a friend with me to keep me safe.

Edited by Guest
  • Funny 1

On the other hand, that might actually scare me, as I am not a very violent person, even though a lot of my jokes involve violence and death, so I guess would a friend with to keep me safe.

Oi! I'm not a violent person. :?

I'm actually calm, icy, and extremely polite (almost to a fault). My explosions aren't stupid, brutal rampages. They're calculated strikes. They're also reserved for people that really deserve it.

Let me give you an example!

Many, many years ago, when I was a relatively small kid, I was in this karate class. The last twenty minutes of the class were spent sparring with your classmates. In theory, you were supposed to be respectful, follow the rules, and exercise restraint. However, there was this one older girl that kept violating all of the rules when the teachers weren't looking. She actually ended up badly hurting a friend of mine.

Well, in the next class, I decided to take revenge. I challenged her to a match. She was older than me, bigger than me, had more experience than me, and she was a whole hell of a lot stronger than me. However, she was also hot-headed. I didn't worry about winning the fight. Instead, I focused completely and totally on dodging and getting out of the way. After a few moments of that, she went psycho and tried to rush me.

I had been waiting for her to lose her cool. When she rushed me, she actually did it by opening with a completely wild roundhouse kick. I caught he foot, tipped her off balance and then launched myself straight into her. It was quick, calm, quiet and extremely effective. She ended up breathless, lying on her ass outside of the circle that we were supposed to stay in.

All of this happened while the teachers had been looking elsewhere. Of course, I got in trouble with them, but the jerk stopped beating everyone up, and I had earned the respect of my peers. I did that without yelling, without even saying much of anything, tbh. However, the result was fairly epic. That's how I roll.

Violence is for the weak, cunning is the currency of the wise. :hot:

Here's a simple one for you. What is the oldest anime you have ever watched, and what did you think of it?

Oldest anime? The oldest anime that I've watched was Ghost in the Shell. I'm a total sucker for quiet, contemplative movies that explore deep topics, so that was actually an amazing experience for me. I liked it more than I liked Blade Runner, which was one of the live action ancestors of GiTS.

• Like 3