Ask a Cy~

Cy~

How quickly would you retire if you an eight figure raise?

Eight figures? As in XX,XXX,XXX????!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

1337614191726.gif.33c204d2b49e10ddf59e029c76e588be.gif

I'd work for one year and then get the fuck out.

• Winner 1
  • Funny 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the longest post or article that you've ever written? :D

Hmmm. Do you mean the longest single work that I've written? Or do you mean the longest thing posted online?

lolipop, lolipop ooh, la la lolipop, loli pop, loli pop, ooh la la loli pop, lolipop, da dum dum dum dum. lolipop?

Shoulda asked sekky this, oh well, he can respond to this later.

Not a fan of lollipops. I have other preferences. :angel:

Will you join the moist guild?

Nah, it's not my thing, tbh. I'm not a huge fan of fluids.

Ooh, what things have you lit on fire and how many?

Quite a few things, actually. Insects, cars, computers, stoves, etc. I don't know how many, but probably more than 40.

Both. :P

Ooooh geeze, giving you just the longest things wouldn't do it justice. I've done a lot of writing, though too much of it was in role plays. Umm, I wrote a million words in a single mystery role play, once (it was across three years). I wrote 300,000 words or so in a very, very romantic role play that I shouldn't have done (wasn't with @zoop, which was a tragic mistake). I also wrote over 200,000 words in a (canceled) science fiction role play.

Ummmm...

The longest single post that I wrote was 10,000 words long. This was the maximum post size on this particular forum. It was a post in one of the previously mentioned role plays.

I am actually really ashamed of this. I did a lot of role playing as a coping mechanism during a dark and occasionally desperately lonely period of my life. It went really poorly in the end, but I did sort of inadvertently meet Zoop through this habit. I guess it didn't work out too badly? I just had to sift through a lot of horny teenage and young adult guys that I inadvertently lured, hahaha. (Look, you have to understand. You read my love letter? That was nothing. I've written some errr... Incredible things. I've had grown fucking men weep like babies over fictional relationships with fictional women. Plz don't ask for samples.)

Other than role plays, I wrote over 40,000 lines of code in a single project, once. I've talked about these things elsewhere though.

My most epic creative work, however, wasn't actually written. For years and years and years, I kept a running oral history of my own science fiction world with several hundred characters, over a dozen fully populated worlds, hundreds of cultures and political groups, and tens of thousands of individual locations.

Sadly, it was an oral history, so it wasn't written. It was just recited. Yes, yes, I know I'm weird. Look, how else do you stay creative when everything you write is lesbian af and your mom would throw you out if she found written evidence of it?

Other than that, @zoop and I exchanged probably about 20K words each in questionable love letters. (Yes, I have a thing for love letters. I may or may not be very weird. That was actually the thing that really caused @zoop and I to be a thing. Judge me, I don't care. I'll be over here with my stack of discreetly licentious reading material and newly baked nachos, much thnx.)

Anyways, currently I'm working on a visual novel. The background material (world building) for it is about 30,000 words long (all done), and the visual novel itself will probably end up being between 150,000 and 200,000 words long. Then, I'm going to write another 100,000 words for side stories. The VN will be a commercial project, but If I have a successful Kickstarter then at least a few side stories will be released as free DLC. (Hey, I have to eat, too! I want to change careers and be a full time writer. There is no such thing as a free lunch!)

What animal would ride into battle with?

I would ride into battle with a charger. Actually, a Charger -

59e2178924cb3_0f82653fb8e1cf7a08d62fa0b80e5c25(1).jpg.cb126a76259cc41ad112f12433de8d9f.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Funny 1

Would you prefer a $300 McDonalds gift card, or $50 in cash? No selling the card.

What kind of question is this? The gift card of course! I'm fucking starving constantly, and that card would be a LOT of McDonald's.

How is this a question!?

• Funny 1

What kind of question is this? The gift card of course! I'm f****** starving constantly, and that card would be a LOT of McDonald's.

How is this a question!?

I would have taken the cash for sure. More versatile, and I can get bus money through it.

What inspired you to start writing?

• Like 2

What inspired you to start writing?

My emotions. Just so many emotions.

I couldn't say "sadness". Simply saying the word "sadness" or "love" didn't really seem right to me. I had to find another way to say it, a way that would express the hunger within the sadness, the passionate longing within the love. I started writing because of words themselves. It just seemed like I needed to find ways to put them together that would express what was within me.

• Like 2

Compound lifts or isolation exercises?

Hahaha, don't think less of me, but I've always preferred isolation exercises. Compound lifts require a level of skill to pull off that I have never quite been able to reach.

What about you, what's your pref?

Would you want an operating that could run any program, regardless of what platform it was intended for?

This already exists, thanks to virtual machines and things like that. Your best bet is a good computer, Windows 10, and Parallels.

• Like 1

This already exists, thanks to virtual machines and things like that. Your best bet is a good computer, Windows 10, and Parallels

Yes, virtualization exists, but I mean natively (getting Mac IS virtualized on Windows is a hassle).

Yes, virtualization exists, but I mean natively (getting Mac IS virtualized on Windows is a hassle).

Sufficiently advanced virtual machines on a good computer are Good Enough .

Where that doesn't cut it, you can always just go Mac and use Wine for Windows stuff. In general, everything that runs on Linux can be compiled on Mac and then you can run Windows stuff via Wine. Bam, there's your solution.

Where that doesn't cut it, you can always just go Mac and use Wine for Windows stuff. In general, everything that runs on Linux can be compiled on Mac and then you can run Windows stuff via Wine. Bam, there's your solution.

Maybe, but to compile properly, you need the libraries, and some of those projects get pretty hard to hunt down the libraries for (I guess this is the reason homebrew and MacPorts exists).

As for WINE, you need to check the databases and other resources, hoping that somebody got workarounds, and then it is a hope and pray thing, unless you know where to look.

Edited by Guest

Maybe, but to compile properly, you need the libraries, and some of those projects get pretty hard to hunt down the libraries for (I guess this is the reason homebrew and MacPorts exists).

They're not as hard as you may think. Just get MacPorts setup and you're good to go. I ran Mac for a decade and never had any problems.

As for WINE, you need to check the databases and other resources, hoping that somebody got workarounds, and then it is a hope and pray thing, unless you know where to look.

It's not as hard as you may think, since commercial solutions exist to make this more straightforward.

Look, I get what you're saying, but I don't agree that it's that big of a deal. I ran Linux for nearly 20 years, and I've ran Mac for 10 years. I kinda know what I'm talking about from my own experience. Obviously, your mileage may vary, but this is my ask topic, so I was giving you my perspective. x)

• Like 2