Favorite Movie Soundtrack

Orius

Sound is one of the core elements of modern movies that makes a movie great. Even in silent movies, there would be a piano playing in the background to enhance the experience. Today, it's hard to imagine a movie without a fantastic soundtrack to accompany it.

Throughout history, there were many iconic soundtracks that became some of my favorite music of all time. Here is a selection of my favorites:

Predator - Alan Silvestri

I still remember as a kid hearing this for the first time. I remember watching a rerun of Predator on television when I was very young, and this badass music was one of the reasons why it remained a very memorable movie for me. I just can't imagine a Predator movie without this.

Back to the Future - Alan Silvestri

Ah yes, the BttF theme. No conversation about movie soundtracks could forget about this iconic theme. It sits right there among other titans of John William like Star Wars and Superman. It exuberates the very fun atmosphere of the trilogy, even when the story gets darker in the second one. Alan Silvestri is quite an underrated composer at that. Much like Williams, he's able to create distinct atmosphere with his music that blends perfectly with the movie.

Terminator 2 - Brad Fidel

Like many others, T2 was my favorite of the first two Terminator movies, even though I agree that the more subtle first movie was superior over the sequel in a lot of ways. My favorite version of the theme was also the one from T2 because it felt more dramatic, and it really set in the tone that the stakes were higher (just look at the opening sequence above; flames of nuclear fire burning a playground!). The first Terminator theme was unique in its own right and deserves much praise (bearing the resemblance of a factory machine building a T-800), but the second one just leaves much more emotional resonance with me.

The many works of John Williams

In my eyes, John Williams is the god of movie soundtracks. He's created some of the most memorable movie themes in history, instantly telling you what movie you're watching just by the very sound of the theme itself. Not only are they memorable, each theme has its own unique style that shapes the world of the respective movie, whether it's a suspense thriller (Jaws), a sci-fi epic (Star Wars), an exciting western adventure (Indiana Jones), or even an inspiring and hopeful superhero (Superman), John is able to bring the appropriate tone to the story through his masterstroke.

My favorite of the lot has definitely got to be the Superman theme. It just feels so energetic and exciting, making me want to get out of my seat and cheer, "Look! Up in the sky!"

For the last entry, I want to include one of Han Zimmer's piece. I prefer Williams over Zimmer any day, since the latter can get a bit repetitive with his works, but Zim-boy does have a few selection that I like, especially those from The Dark Knight franchise.

I want to pick the popular and exciting Molossus, but there's another track I like more than Molossus.

Batman Begins, Barbastella - Hans Zimmer

Danny Elfman's Batman score was an unforgettable classic that I still cherish, but I feel Zimmer and Nolan brought something that hits closer to home, something that feels more real, and it's in tracks like Barbastella that conveys this human vulnerability Burton's version was lacking.

So now, it's your turn. What about your favorite soundtracks? :D Hope this thread would stay alive for at least a few weeks. lol

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
O Brother, Where Art Thou?

You took the words right out of my mouth. This is honestly one of my favorite movie soundtracks.

Beyond that I'd say Pulp Fiction, and maybe, just maybe ...... alldogsgotoheaven

• Agree 1