Kpop Discussion

zin

i saw that there werent any recent kpop threads so i figured id start one! here are some starter questions: do you like kpop? have you always wanted to get into it? would you like recommendations? what are your favorite groups?

i personally am a huge fan of girl groups and indie soloists. my all time favorite group is red velvet and my ult bias is seulgi!

i also really love mamamoo, orange caramel, f(x), heize, and dean!

• Like 4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you like kpop?

I ... don't actually really know! :o

have you always wanted to get into it?

Not particularly! Though, I think that's mostly more to do with a lack of awareness than anything else. I've watched a lot of Korean movies lately though, and have grown fond of the language.

would you like recommendations?

Hit me.

what are your favorite groups?

Not applicable!

i personally am a huge fan of girl groups and indie soloists.

Show me these things. I tend to gravitate toward girl groups in general, since I find the female voice to be (on average - I do listen to male singers as well) more pleasant to listen to than the male voice. ^^

• Like 2

I've only just recently found out what Kpop is. I've been slowly exploring it through YouTube! My first exposure to kpop was Exo with their song Monster. So I listened to some of their stuff. Then through suggested videos I ended up through a trail of 2NE1, 4Minute, SHINee, Blackpink, and BTS

• Like 2

ye i like kpop, my favorite groups are exo, super junior, black pink , monsta x, infinite. To answer your second question: not really, have found it randomly.

[spoiler=Click at your own risk]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dezFzsNss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSH-FVVtTf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmSjveL3Lc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_krT35dgDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1oTSAhdzNQ

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

ye i like kpop, my favorite groups are exo, super junior, black pink , monsta x, infinite. To answer your second question: not really, found it randomly.

[spoiler=Click at your own risk]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dezFzsNss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSH-FVVtTf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmSjveL3Lc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_krT35dgDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1oTSAhdzNQ

Oh seems like we might like similar!

I haven't tried Super Junior or Infinite yet though

• Like 2

I have heard of it, but was not really interested in listening to it.

I would be willing to check out a song or two, but I do not particularly have favorite music genres. Some songs I like, and others I do not.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Hit me.

alright! since you said you gravitate towards feminine voices (i do too) ill recommend some of my fav more recent songs and we can go from there if you wanna check any more out ;)

i tried to give a variety so let me know what you like!

my favorite groups are exo, super junior, black pink , monsta x, infinite

all great groups!!! i really love monsta x and blackpink especially

2NE1, 4Minute, SHINee, Blackpink, and BTS

ah i guess you like the hip hop/rap centric groups then! if you want more recs for similar groups lemme know! 4minute is fantastic its such a shame they disbanded,,

I would be willing to check outa song or two, but I do not particularly have favorite music genres.

all the songs linked here so far are great! if you wanna name an artist or two you like i can try to find some similar kpop groups bc theres a wide variety :o

Edited by Guest
  • Friendly 1

Some artist that sung songs that I liked were Riya, Lia, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Good Charolette, Ray, and Two-Mix. If you need more help narrowing it down many of the songs from Riya and Lia I like come from Key/Visual art's OSTs. Asian Kung Fu Generation's Rewrite and Re:re. Good Charolette's Boy's and Girls, Ray's opening song from the first thirteen episodes of A Lull in the Sea, and Two-Mix's Truth.

I am including particular songs and/or albums where they can be found because many artists change their styles over time (e.g. Linkin Park), so I was not too sure if you pick up on which things I prefer.

Edited by Guest

Some artist that sung songs that I liked were Riya, Lia, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Good Charolette, Ray, and Two-Mix. If you need more help narrowing it down many of the songs from Riya and Lia I like come from Key/Visual art's OSTs. Asian Kung Fu Generation's Rewrite and Re:re. Good Charolette's Boy's and Girls, Ray's opening song from the first thirteen episodes of A Lull in the Sea, and Two-Mix's Truth.

I am including particular songs and/or albums where they can be found because many artists change their styles over time (e.g. Linkin Park), so I was not too sure if you pick up on which things I prefer.

based on asian kung fu generation, you might like day6? they generally have more of a melancholy feel tho

lemme know if you like this and i can link you some more of their music if you want!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwywhL1PenQ

based on asian kung fu generation, you might like day6? they generally have more of a melancholy feel tho

lemme know if you like this and i can link you some more of their music if you want!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwywhL1PenQ

That definitely fit my taste there.

I guess you have not found any that matched the others?

Sometimes, I need the relaxing feels that come from the Clannad OST from a few artists.

That definitely fit my taste there.

I guess you have not found any that matched the others?

Sometimes, I need the relaxing feels that come from the Clannad OST from a few artists.

yeah im having a lil trouble w the others : ( ill keep looking tho! in the meantime have another day6 song (im really glad you like them!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3sFsHrUyLQ

• Like 1

Pretty much a fan of a lot of foreign music. I love many things, but K-pop (also J-pop) as been something I have enjoyed since a young age. I will admit however, that over the years I have fallen off the wagon. Not because I do not enjoy it, just constantly busy, it's been difficult to keep up with anything, even anime.

I would not say I am picky as I enjoy most music. Some of the stuff I use to listen to included Super Junior, Miss A, 2PM, TVXQ, ShinEE, Big Bang, Girls Generation, BoA. G-Dragon, Outsider...

I'm interested in getting back into it!

Pretty much a fan of a lot of foreign music. I love many things, but K-pop (also J-pop) as been something I have enjoyed since a young age. I will admit however, that over the years I have fallen off the wagon. Not because I do not enjoy it, just constantly busy, it's been difficult to keep up with anything, even anime.

I would not say I am picky as I enjoy most music. Some of the stuff I use to listen to included Super Junior, Miss A, 2PM, TVXQ, ShinEE, Big Bang, Girls Generation, BoA. G-Dragon, Outsider...

I'm interested in getting back into it!

im happy youd like to get back into it!! luckily most of the groups you named are still making music! some of them not as frequently as others, but miss a, shinee, and snsd have released some solo member tracks as well! if you'd like i can link you some of their newer stuff

im happy youd like to get back into it!! luckily most of the groups you named are still making music! some of them not as frequently as others, but miss a, shinee, and snsd have released some solo member tracks as well! if you'd like i can link you some of their newer stuff

I would love that! Thank you!

I would love that! Thank you!

its no problem at all!

shinee's most recent comeback is super 90's and i love it. taemin and jonghyun also came out with solo albums! my fave was she is

2PM had a comeback last year! and jun.k has had a solo career for a while

bigbang's most recent comeback was a lot more mellow than their usual stuff but i really liked it. im not sure if g-dragon had a new album anytime recently but he did feature on iu's newest comeback!

snsd havent had a comeback in a while unfortunately but all of tatiseo have made solo albums! and hyoyeon has made a few singles. miss a has kind of stopped making music but fei released a solo (which is very nsfw so i cant link) and suzy has featured on some drama osts! i think super junior has a comeback planned? but im not sure. i havent heard anything about tvxq recently but boa did have a single recently!

if you need any more links lemme know!! i hope you like everything!

Kpop is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand you have songs like Monster by BIG BANG which is one of my favorite songs of all time or OVERDOSE by EXO-K, but then a lot of it falls into the pretty visuals and artists more than anything else and excuse me for saying it, but 2NE1 is pretty much all style no substance. Then there's people like PSY who's best songs are not his most popular, but it hardly matters because even though his songs are super catchy their quality stands somewhere in the middle. Then there's BTS which is almost always straight fire. I guess that's not really a unique issue, but because I got into Kpop only two or three years ago, I naturally treat it a bit differently.

Edited by Guest

Kpop is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand you have songs like Monster by BIG BANG which is one of my favorite songs of all time or OVERDOSE by EXO-K, but then a lot of it falls into the pretty visuals and artists more than anything else and excuse me for saying it, but 2NE1 is pretty much all style no substance. Then there's people like PSY who's best songs are not his most popular, but it hardly matters because even though his songs are super catchy their quality stands somewhere in the middle. Then there's BTS which is almost always straight fire. I guess that's not really a unique issue, but because I got into Kpop only two or three years ago, I naturally treat it a bit differently.

you dont have to excuse yourself! youre allowed to have an opinion. and w artists like psy and 2ne1 i definitely listen to them more for the upbeat fun feeling rather than the lyrics and i completely get why some people wouldnt be a fan. like tbh new face's lyrics are straight nonsense but its so fun to jam to!!

• Like 1

ah i guess you like the hip hop/rap centric groups then! if you want more recs for similar groups lemme know! 4minute is fantastic its such a shame they disbanded,,

Ha, I never even noticed that until you pointed it out lol! I don't know if a list of some of my fave songs would be of any use for recommendations? I'll list anyway :P

(No particular order)

Exo: Monster, Growl, Wolf, Overdose, Call Me Baby

SHINee: Lucifer, RingDingDong

BTS: Fire, Danger, Dope

4Minute: Crazy

2NE1: I Am The Best, Fire, Clap Your Hands

Blackpink: Boombayah, Whistle

BIGBANG: Bang Bang Bang, Fantastic Baby

Ha, I never even noticed that until you pointed it out lol! I don't know if a list of some of my fave songs would be of any use for recommendations? I'll list anyway :P

(No particular order)

Exo: Monster, Growl, Wolf, Overdose, Call Me Baby

SHINee: Lucifer, RingDingDong

BTS: Fire, Danger, Dope

4Minute: Crazy

2NE1: I Am The Best, Fire, Clap Your Hands

Blackpink: Boombayah, Whistle

BIGBANG: Bang Bang Bang, Fantastic Baby

yes this is pretty helpful thank you! based on these i think youd definitely like monsta x but muco already linked some of their stuff so ill show some other groups! first off, hyuna from 4minute has a solo career so i definitely think youd like her! she has quite a few songs but all of her mvs are pretty nsfw so i wont link, but i think youd definitely like 'roll deep' and 'hows this?'

speaking of hyuna she also wrote this song for clc! the rest of their music is quite cutesy tho just to let you know

block b is a group i think you'd like a lot. theyre very rap centric and upbeat

2PM also have some great songs that match what you named

i hope you like these!! let me know if youd like more!

• Friendly 1

yes this is pretty helpful thank you! based on these i think youd definitely like monsta x but muco already linked some of their stuff so ill show some other groups! first off, hyuna from 4minute has a solo career so i definitely think youd like her! she has quite a few songs but all of her mvs are pretty nsfw so i wont link, but i think youd definitely like 'roll deep' and 'hows this?'

speaking of hyuna she also wrote this song for clc! the rest of their music is quite cutesy tho just to let you know

block b is a group i think you'd like a lot. theyre very rap centric and upbeat

2PM also have some great songs that match what you named

i hope you like these!! let me know if youd like more!

Oh yeah, I've been exploring a bit into Hyuna's stuff lately! I've listened to Roll Deep, but now I'll also check out How's This (I like it).

I'm not entirely fond of one the girl's voices in clc. But it doesn't ruin the song for me, that's a good one!

I never heard block b until now. I may have just found my newest obsession <3

2PM. Go Crazy is a fun sounding song. I like how it still falls into something I like, but different enough for when I'm in the mood for something else. I couldn't really get into My House though (okay that sounds like I've locked myself out lol).

Out of what you've shown me, block b is definitely my favourite! Thanks for the recs ^-^

Oh yeah, I've been exploring a bit into Hyuna's stuff lately! I've listened to Roll Deep, but now I'll also check out How's This (I like it).

I'm not entirely fond of one the girl's voices in clc. But it doesn't ruin the song for me, that's a good one!

I never heard block b until now. I may have just found my newest obsession <3

2PM. Go Crazy is a fun sounding song. I like how it still falls into something I like, but different enough for when I'm in the mood for something else. I couldn't really get into My House though (okay that sounds like I've locked myself out lol).

Out of what you've shown me, block b is definitely my favourite! Thanks for the recs ^-^

its no problem at all!! im super happy you like most of it~ if you ever want more recs or need help getting into block b lemme know!!

• Friendly 1