• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off to a lovely start, I see

Oh yes, it's been wonderfully entertaining thus far :D

*lurk lurk lurk*

I wish I had as much to say as all of you... I'm just quietly listening, wondering whether zoop is either very very good at being a traitor, or is genuinely innocent :P

I can't decide :o

The real juicy details are gonna be squeezed out when everybody else gets here, I imagine. Lots of red herrings and confusing mish-mashes of accusations. Lurking is fun ^^

• Like 1

It's funny that I've missed this much since gone~

I received and responded to the PM from @Scrooge , questioning @Wedgy and @Nectar as potential mafia-

I responded because I was curious to see Scrooge's response to the matter if I gave a vague opinion to why I thought one or the other should be voted against. I somewhat assumed that they had messaged other people as well, but using manipulation to pin other members against the others was quite clever imo, even if it does take some of the fun out of it. :P

The reason for this is because it can work up and form other suspicions one may not originally have~ I rather enjoy the mad frenzy. xD

I will admit though that it made me highly suspicious of Scrooge as well.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Just a small update: I've updated the rules on the first page to reflect the recent information about making a public vote here, and about the game moving on in three days regardless of everyone having voted or not. I've also added a "Deceased" and "Exiled" section for those many deaths and outcasts to come... :naughty:

Finally, since I haven't exactly clarified on this matter, the way you place your vote is by simply bolding and underlining the person's username you want to vote, i.e.: Orius. By the end of each session, I'll count the names listed in such a fashion. This has also been added to the rules on the first page.

Since I haven't seen any names listed above this post in any context that might describe a vote, I'll also assume that no vote has been cast so far. If you've already voted, and I've missed it, please vote again in the aforementioned format. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. :P

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

@zoop and others just putting it out there , and sorry Orius if I'm letting our cat out the bag

but what if say the traitor had been outsourced prier to the game ?

not saying that I or any one else may well pm any one on this subject

and now that ive said that ill quietly fade back out off here :)

[spoiler=] no I'm not playing the game

Edited by Guest

I suspect Zoop. Why would she go to such lengths just to question the PMs that I sent? And it feels like she's creating an issue just to make me look like the traitor when all I did was say my thoughts on the person I sent my messages on.

And oh, you're not even the one that I accused.

This actually cleared my suspicions on others. You're smart Zoop, and your dangerous because of it. That's why you got 80% of my suspicion.

And Sekky, that evil plan that you told me "if ever" you were the traitor seems realistic. You even said the names of the people you want to kill first. Sorry dude but I also suspect you HAHAHA. You asking me for strategy suggestions made me think that you were the traitor. I won't expose your "what if" plan tho cuz <3

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

And Sekky, that evil plan that you told me "if ever" you were the traitor seems realistic. You even said the names of the people you want to kill first. Sorry dude but I also suspect you HAHAHA. You asking me for strategy suggestions made me think that you were the traitor. I won't expose your "what if" plan tho cuz 3

oho? new developments have risen. but im gonna be honest scrooge, you not revealing it also makes you look suspicious. i got my eye on all of ya'll :sarcastic:

• Agree 1

I just hope the game doesn't move on without a single vote. lol

Oh well. Someone's still gonna die whether if there's a vote or not. :P

• Like 2

I suspect Zoop. Why would she go to such lengths just to question the PMs that I sent? And it feels like she's creating an issue just to make me look like the traitor when all I did was say my thoughts on the person I sent my messages on.

Says the person that created the original issue by trying to sneak in a vote with no open discussion. Compared to that sort of clumsy, back-stage attempt at manipulation (note that Scrooge varied the 'suspicious parties' depending on who he was sending the messages to), my open discussion on why I think your actions were incredibly questionable are extremely straight-forward, above board, and backed by actual reasoning.

Would you have preferred that I had tried to act questionably, in the shadows with no way for people to truly hold me accountable for my commentary?

And oh, you're not even the one that I accused.

Yes, and? I take issue with your strategy, and think that the way you executed on was a little too convenient in terms of how it allowed you to try and move a vote without sticking your own neck out. It was cowardly - one might even say that it was traitorous.

This actually cleared my suspicions on others. You're smart Zoop, and your dangerous because of it. That's why you got 80% of my suspicion.

Yes, immediately running after and trying to pin things on those that come off as intelligent ... doesn't that sort of seem like something a traitor would do? Go after the most immediate threats to them? If I was a traitor it would have been in my best interest to let you kill off Wedgy or Kirry - I didn't, because it isn't.

You asking me for strategy suggestions made me think that you were the traitor. I won't expose your "what if" plan tho cuz 3

oho? new developments have risen. but im gonna be honest scrooge, you not revealing it also makes you look suspicious. i got my eye on all of ya'll :sarcastic:

Basically that. Everything you do seems pretty damn questionable.

• Like 1
  • Optimistic 1

Now, now, let's keep it civilized. It's just a game. We don't need our first game on AF going down in flames. ;) I could overlook calling out suspicions on others, but name-calling ("cowardly") is uncalled for, zoop.

• Like 1

Now, now, let's keep it civilized. It's just a game. We don't need our first game on AF going down in flames. ;) I could overlook calling out suspicions on others, but name-calling ("cowardly") is uncalled for, zoop.

I'm not using it as an insult, I'm using it as a description. o3o

To speak of myself, offline I'm about as cowardly as they come - not speaking ill about myself, just describing the fact that I get all nervous and afraid when I have to do certain things that in no way justify that sort of response.

• Like 2

What do you mean that my plans were "realistic"? Of course it is, it's a WHAT IF situation. I could say I wanted to blast someone random with a Kamehameha, but that wouldn't make sense, right? Lel

• Like 1

Says the person that created the original issue by trying to sneak in a vote with no open discussion. Compared to that sort of clumsy, back-stage attempt at manipulation (note that Scrooge varied the 'suspicious parties' depending on who he was sending the messages to), my open discussion on why I think your actions were incredibly questionable are extremely straight-forward, above board, and backed by actual reasoning.

Would you have preferred that I had tried to act questionably, in the shadows with no way for people to truly hold me accountable for my commentary?

Yes, and? I take issue with your strategy, and think that the way you executed on was a little too convenient in terms of how it allowed you to try and move a vote without sticking your own neck out. It was cowardly - one might even say that it was traitorous

I think I already explained myself on this matter. And the fact that I didn't know that we'll be giving out our votes in public (which is my fault) made me think that those kinds of strategies were allowed.

Yes, immediately running after and trying to pin things on those that come off as intelligent ... doesn't that sort of seem like something a traitor would do? Go after the most immediate threats to them? If I was a traitor it would have been in my best interest to let you kill off Wedgy or Kirry - I didn't, because it isn't.

Let's put it this way... more victims, more benefit. If you're the traitor, would you settle with just killing two people? Of course you will find more people to easily victimize. And my reasoning for suspecting the two of them was vague. So there are no certainty that people will exile them because of it.

"Targeting someone viewed as "evil" is easier. Because you have many reasons to make the people vote that person out. Then all you have to do is kill the one the people suspect the least. EZ double kill"

- said by someone. I think this strategy fits you.

To be fair, Scrooge's strategy was brilliant, and one that I would've used had I came up with it too (and if I'm one of the players). I thought it was a good tactic to figure out the Traitor by making them slip up in the PM. If they just say something, even a single word that suggests that he's a Traitor, it would give an important clue.

In more recent Mafia games which were updated and modified, there are usually "detective" roles who takes a more specialized task of figuring out the Traitor's identity than the average Civilian. He would usually be given one clue to the Traitor's identity, but what Scrooge has done here, Scrooge has practically set out to search for clues on their own, saving me the trouble of assigning such a role in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

To be fair, Scrooge's strategy was brilliant, and one that I would've used had I came up with it too (and if I'm one of the players). I thought it was a good tactic to figure out the Traitor by making them slip up in the PM. If they just say something, even a single word that suggests that he's a Traitor, it would give an important clue.

In more recent Mafia games which were updated and modified, there are usually "detective" roles who takes a more specialized task of figuring out the Traitor's identity than the average Civilian. He would usually be given one clue to the Traitor's identity, but what Scrooge has done here, Scrooge has practically set out to search for clues on their own, saving me the trouble of assigning such a role in the first place.

Thanks. I want to give an explaination like this but I can't convert my thoughts into words.

Still, I would've done a better way of doing things inside this thread if my IQ didn't fail me on understanding the rules. Again, it's my fault xD

This made me think that Zoop is also just doing the detective role tho. And she's doing it the right way. Now I'm confused.

• Like 1

Let's put it this way... more victims, more benefit. If you're the traitor, would you settle with just killing two people? Of course you will find more people to easily victimize.

Your reasoning here makes no sense. If I were a traitor, it'd be more efficient to simply go along with your plan, kill off a player during the day phase, and then - if I thought you were a threat - kill you off during the night phase to tie up the loose ends from your PM. Why expose myself to scrutiny so soon? What is the profit in it for me if I'm a traitor?

It makes no sense! @_@

"Targeting someone viewed as "evil" is easier. Because you have many reasons to make the people vote that person out. Then all you have to do is kill the one the people suspect the least. EZ double kill"

- said by someone. I think this strategy fits you.

Please! If I had waited, and you'd managed to bandwagon through a private, silent vote, it'd be even easier for me to paint you out as evil, if I were a traitor simply trying to efficiently kill everyone off. Instead, by making these arguments, here and now, I'm letting you flail around in a rush to try to find some way to defend yourself, while at the same time trying to paint a target on my back.

@Orius trying to muddy the waters, eh? :P

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1